Tired of negative posts

Here's a positive. Commuting hasn't been the complete nightmare I thought it might be, even if I had to stay after class on my last trip (which was frankly in the cards with any delay anyway, and 'commuting is a choice' and so on). I wind up in a jumpseat I've booked about 30% of the time despite record load factors.

I've yet to not make it to work knock on wood, have only had to exercise the "positive space me please" thing once and that was when the C-Series was le tired. And it worked out better since the other flight actually went to JFK, not LGA.

Here's a positive. Commuting hasn't been the complete nightmare I thought it might be, even if I had to stay after class on my last trip (which was frankly in the cards with any delay anyway, and 'commuting is a choice' and so on). I wind up in a jumpseat I've booked about 30% of the time despite record load factors.

I've yet to not make it to work knock on wood, have only had to exercise the "positive space me please" thing once and that was when the C-Series was le tired. And it worked out better since the other flight actually went to JFK, not LGA.
My one time having to pull that card out was because LGA was having typical ATC issues, and they got me to JFK where I wanted to go anyways…it was pretty outstanding :D

My one time having to pull that card out was because LGA was having typical ATC issues, and they got me to JFK where I wanted to go anyways…it was pretty outstanding :D
My primary is to LGA and my secondary is to JFK, usually, which is pure brilliance. Especially because the C-Series, mechanically, takes after her older, T-tailed sister as far as being broken apparently. Meanwhile, the EMB-175 continues to be its normal, reliable self.

Not really positive, but an entertaining story from the road. Sorry to those who I already texted this too, but here’s a cut and paste.

“Now I feel bad. Walking back to our hotel in Amsterdam, in a neighborhood I’m not at all familiar with. I think I stumbled upon the retirement community for ladies that worked in the red light district 40-50 years ago. I wasn’t expecting to walk past an active window. I certainly wasn’t expecting to see one housing a lady that looked too experienced for all but the scariest Waffle House. I expected her to crack the door and call me “honey” or “sweetie” but I don’t think I hid my “startled face” that well.”

Not really positive, but an entertaining story from the road. Sorry to those who I already texted this too, but here’s a cut and paste.

“Now I feel bad. Walking back to our hotel in Amsterdam, in a neighborhood I’m not at all familiar with. I think I stumbled upon the retirement community for ladies that worked in the red light district 40-50 years ago. I wasn’t expecting to walk past an active window. I certainly wasn’t expecting to see one housing a lady that looked too experienced for all but the scariest Waffle House. I expected her to crack the door and call me “honey” or “sweetie” but I don’t think I hid my “startled face” that well.”

You'll never know what life experiences you could have missed out on.

I somehow haven’t flown Alaska in over a decade. Granted they seem to have pulled routes from my airport as well. They don’t even fly SLC-LAX anymore to commute on.

Back