Oh Alaska(n)

The company showed their cards first, came out and emailed us (and sent letters to our homes) with their offer. EFFING pathetic, with inflation it was actually a pay cut from 2019 numbers. Not to mention the garbage work rules and lack of meaningful scope. I trust the union and if the negotiating committee thought showing our cards garners support or is of strategic importance, i'm all for it.

Attrition is at an all time high, guys are leaving out of class and we even have captains leaving. The tide has turned because even the SEA guys are pissed. There will be a massive base-wide picket April 1st - two years since negotiations began.
Just had a buddy leave for SJI that was close to upgrade. Hoping AS folks can get a contract ya’ll deserve.

How is everyone going to be able to get the day off? Flights still have to be operated.

Nah. He stalked my original line award and (apparently) my step trading results.

I had vacation in April and I required some step trading. Original line award had Apr 1 off but after step trading, I work Apr 1. That's what he's commenting on. As if this stalker knows what's going on in my life to judge why I'd have to change my schedule. Not to mention, there were 132 lines and I was in the upper 130s. So not only do a few people have to skip bidding a regular line just for me to get a line, I'm bottom barrel beotch when it comes to step trading. I don't get much approved.

That would be impressive. That's just shy of Ups pay rate.
A4247B97-E66D-45DE-BF77-EF121AA70592.jpeg

is this what the union or the company proposed?

Some of what the union published is good, but the reserve rules are still a joke, we are still counting “duty periods” as opposed to days off for reserves, it’s embarrassing. Nice pay rates really mean nothing without work rules, so I’m hoping they are able and willing to address that.

Nah. He stalked my original line award and (apparently) my step trading results.

I had vacation in April and I required some step trading. Original line award had Apr 1 off but after step trading, I work Apr 1. That's what he's commenting on. As if this stalker knows what's going on in my life to judge why I'd have to change my schedule. Not to mention, there were 132 lines and I was in the upper 130s. So not only do a few people have to skip bidding a regular line just for me to get a line, I'm bottom barrel beotch when it comes to step trading. I don't get much approved.

Ironic that you seem to be angry with someone stalking you and you feeling creeped out. But you love stalk FO's online. I don't want to take this thread left. But again, I find this so funny. :D

Ironic that you seem to be angry with someone stalking you and you feeling creeped out. But you love stalk FO's online. I don't want to take this thread left. But again, I find this so funny. :D

There’s a difference. I don’t call them out on their background. Or share what they did with others online.

This guy looks up my schedule and tries to call me out for not going to a union event. Instead of reaching out to me, personally, and asking why I can’t attend the union event, he has the gall to write that I’ll just bid to work in a future union event.

If you don’t see that as a judgmental d-bag move that it was, then I can’t help you.

There’s a difference. I don’t call them out on their background. Or share what they did with others online.

This guy looks up my schedule and tries to call me out for not going to a union event. Instead of reaching out to me, personally, and asking why I can’t attend the union event, he has the gall to write that I’ll just bid to work in a future union event.

If you don’t see that as a judgmental d-bag move that it was, then I can’t help you.

I doubt he went to that much effort, you said yourself a few posts up that you weren’t off. Irrelevant anyway, if you’re at the airport during the picketing event and have a productivity break, join the party. Nobody will send you away.

You don’t actually think the company would propose that?!

We 320, they 280.

But pay rates are irrelevant if the work rules/QOL items aren’t there. It’s the overall package that counts.
Especially after taxes, the extra few bucks is way less important than QOL.

Looks to me like you can't take what you dish out on the regular.

The best thing we have going for us as pilots is our staffing. Presently it looks like there will be no one available for reserves for April in Seattle. If you take the open lines and subtract that from the number of people bidding open flying it looks to be that there will be 9 reserves available for the entire SEA base. Of course those FOs have not been released from training.

Management has not been good to the pilot group here at Eskimo for quite some time. The word is out. Apparently FO attrition has increased dramatically since just a month or two ago. Management has made it clear they do not wish to negotiate with us over scope or code sharing. Or anything else really. In fact a management pilot basically threatened us in his last email.

Staffing is the only way we will see any changes and that looks to be moving in the correct direction.

The best thing we have going for us as pilots is our staffing. Presently it looks like there will be no one available for reserves for April in Seattle. If you take the open lines and subtract that from the number of people bidding open flying it looks to be that there will be 9 reserves available for the entire SEA base. Of course those FOs have not been released from training.

Management has not been good to the pilot group here at Eskimo for quite some time. The word is out. Apparently FO attrition has increased dramatically since just a month or two ago. Management has made it clear they do not wish to negotiate with us over scope or code sharing. Or anything else really. In fact a management pilot basically threatened us in his last email.

Staffing is the only way we will see any changes and that looks to be moving in the correct direction.

Meh.

The way the world events seem to be going, understaffing is going to be the least of our concerns.

And THIS time, I don’t see bailouts.

Back