Oh Alaska(n)

Meh.

The way the world events seem to be going, understaffing is going to be the least of our concerns.

And THIS time, I don’t see bailouts.

Do yourself a favor and look at the open flying/reserve lines for SEA FO and the bid list.

Also look at flight loads. Next month is going to be worse staffing wise than over the holidays.

Flying hasn’t slowed down. Educate yourself and don’t give in to JL threats of a doomed economic situation and accepting a concessionary contract.

Fly the contract. Fly safely and methodically. If we all unify over this we won’t be dealing with 3-5 more years of poor contracts. If we give into fear we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We currently have 1 pilot available for reserve for April. There are 5 more pending if released from training.

This is for a base with 455 pilots on the eligibility to bid list for SEA. 403 flying lines. 56 open flying lines.

I’ve never seen anything like it and can’t express how good this is for the pilot group.

Fly the contract. Fly safe. The equivalent melt down that happened at Horizon in 2017 is coming next month. The very best thing AS mgmt can do for their operation is to give the pilot group the union proposed contract.

We currently have 1 pilot available for reserve for April. There are 5 more pending if released from training.

This is for a base with 455 pilots on the eligibility to bid list for SEA. 403 flying lines. 56 open flying lines.

I’ve never seen anything like it and can’t express how good this is for the pilot group.

Can’t wait for the inevitable emails from the CPs scolding people for calling in sick and expressing their “disappointment” with us.

Ready, Go, Safe.

Can’t wait for the inevitable emails from the CPs scolding people for calling in sick and expressing their “disappointment” with us.

Ready, Go, Safe.

The beatings will continue until morale improves…

With Disappointment,

Beef

Was awarded a line with arguably the most important day off for this labor group’s chance at a better contract. Traded into working it instead, because “reasons”.

Yup. Reasons indeed. And ordinarily I’d share what that reason is, but I don’t feel like I owe you an explanation.

In one sentence he's criticizing the "woke" people for using collective bargaining to improve conditions in the workplace, but in another he's reaping the benefits of an organized labor force with union protections.

Where did I criticize anyone for using collective bargaining to improve conditions? Talk about some fake news.

I simply expressed concern about what Russia, Ukraine, and oil could do to the airline INDUSTRY (not even one carrier in particular). Anyone. I never said anything like pause or end negotiations, or to surrender to a company offer, etc.

Yup. Reasons indeed. And ordinarily I’d share what that reason is, but I don’t feel like I owe you an explanation.

Where did I criticize anyone for using collective bargaining to improve conditions? Talk about some fake news.

I simply expressed concern about what Russia, Ukraine, and oil could do to the airline INDUSTRY (not even one carrier in particular). Anyone. I never said anything like pause or end negotiations, or to surrender to a company offer, etc.

Yep JL really into FUD as well.

Can I suggest you stop it with the FUD then?

FUD implies trying to use fear, uncertainty, and doubt/division to create animosity or make a pilot believe that [company offer] is the best and to take it now. I do not offer you that solution, nor would I accept that myself. I will work under the current contract until we get the union ask (or close to the union ask), and I'm willing to wait for that instead of trying to settle for anything less. I believe we are (or should be) on the same page so far.

What I wrote above a few posts is a simple observation of the current world events. There’s a war going on with a whole bunch of people dying, oil at astonishing highs, inflation at 40 yr highs, and an economy now in which the Fed is OFFICIALLY between a rock and a hard place. The only reason this house of cards hasn't fallen is because consumer spending is still big/strong in the US. Unless oil and inflation decrease (which I don't see happening anytime soon), how long before people decide to save more and spend less? The Fed has to raise interest rates but now they are in a precarious situation. Once those start coming up, with oil still high and inflation (IHMO) not easily tamed, it's only a matter of time before consumer Americans say "I'll just wait 12 months from now when it might be cheaper." And there you have it, slowed consumer spending. In this environment, next comes recession.

Time will tell and maybe I'm just being a pessimist, but I think the math just doesn't play out any other way. IHMO we've guaranteed ourselves a recession. How big and how long largely depends on the world events, oil, Fed, and consumers (spending).

Back