United Airlines Not Playing Around on Vaccine Mandate

So you require your employees to be vaccinated but do not require them to wear a mask? Against CDC guidance? Why are you against science? Why are you so selfish?

Science doesn’t support mask wearing for the vaccinated. Nor am I willing to live in a society behind masks. I’ve never been a “do whatever the CDC tells you” advocate, but I’m also not aware or guidance from the CDC that says vaccinated people need to continue wearing masks in offices.

Science doesn’t support mask wearing for the vaccinated. Nor am I willing to live in a society behind masks. I’ve never been a “do whatever the CDC tells you” advocate, but I’m also not aware or guidance from the CDC that says vaccinated people need to continue wearing masks in offices.

"If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission."

Here you go:

Yeah, they basically consider everywhere high risk. Don’t care. Not wearing a face diaper. Society must go on post-vax. Time to get back to normal.

I don’t have the answers to everyone’s specific situation but it is absolutely happening. Healthcare workers are quitting left and right. Hiring new staff has become extremely competitive in just 6 months. My company advertised a position with almost double the “normal” salary and got 2 unqualified people interested. Stark contrast to just a year ago. Times are changing, I don’t think money is a primary motivator for some people anymore.

What you're describing is called capitalism, which everyone seems to want until they actually get it. Maybe that means that capitalism is a horrible • idea.

What you're describing is called capitalism, which everyone seems to want until they actually get it. Maybe that means that capitalism is a horrible • idea.
5D5F4422-D6D5-419D-909C-B44621A6FE64.jpeg

Would love for a certain carrier to do ANYTHING. Hope is not a strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you need your carrier to mandate it? If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine. No mandate required. It's already been proven that it doesn't stop the spread. Doesn't prevent you from either getting or transmitting COVID. At best, it mitigates symptom severity.

I had to be vaccinated when I went to college 20 years ago, and many companies such as Delta have required it for a long time anyway. If you don’t like it, go work somewhere else.
That's difficult to do when Joe and the Leftists are leaning on private sector employers to mandate vaccines everywhere.

Biden issued an order (with what authority I don't know, but that's a different discussion) that could force roughly 100 million Americans to inject a chemical with largely unknown long-term side effects once, twice, perhaps even three times into their bodies, against their will, as a condition of working. As a condition of freedom.

This is a prime example of how government without proper moral compass and constitutional constraints operates.

Well no actually, the government is subsidizing the cost for large emergency healthcare facilities to attract travel nursing staff to the tune of $3000 to $6000 /week depending on location. Small - even large healthcare facilities can’t compete. That isn’t capitalism when the government is creating the imbalance ;)

Well no actually, the government is subsidizing the cost for large emergency healthcare facilities to attract travel nursing staff to the tune of $3000 to $6000 /week depending on location. Small - even large healthcare facilities can’t compete. That isn’t capitalism when the government is creating the imbalance ;)

Source, please. Not that travel nurses make good money, that the federal government is paying, first, to ANY hospitals for nursing staff, and second, that they're only providing that funding to SOME hospitals.

Biden issued an order (with what authority I don't know, but that's a different discussion) that could force roughly 100 million Americans to inject a chemical with largely unknown long-term side effects once, twice, perhaps even three times into their bodies, against their will, as a condition of working. As a condition of freedom.
I'm sorry sweetie that your boy lost, but get over it

I don’t have the answers to everyone’s specific situation but it is absolutely happening. Healthcare workers are quitting left and right. Hiring new staff has become extremely competitive in just 6 months. My company advertised a position with almost double the “normal” salary and got 2 unqualified people interested. Stark contrast to just a year ago. Times are changing, I don’t think money is a primary motivator for some people anymore.
I was at my doctors office recently. The company had announced the “vaccine or out” policy and he said there were many nurses who were planning on quitting over it. Who knows if they did, but it was counter to what I thought. I figured everyone in healthcare would be smart enough to get it, but it sounds like it’s similar to the rest of the population.

Back