Multi flight school???

I am also considering this school. A buddy of mine was just out there visiting some relatives and stopped by the school to check it out for me. he said it was very small and the planes were old but he said it would probably be the way to go. he is a flight instructor. he said they have like twelve twins but there sending like six of them to thailand or japan or something. at least that's what he thought they said. not sure why. possibly that new flght school or something. he didn't inquire whether they would be replacing them or not. that makes me worry a little about availability of the aircraft. by reading these post i definatley get the idea that monica/jetdream are the same person. jetdream seems to plug the schools phone number in every post and often repeats him/herself throughout the different posts. but i guess it doesn't really matter. if it's a good school then it's a good school. no matter how they try to attract students.

Originally posted by jetdream:
Hi again. Well to answer the question on the flying time...I logged 100 hours plus per month on instruction time. I know that all the aviation industry has slowed down some what after that disaster...but things are steadily picking up again...which is fantastic! If you not only get the students that accelerated gives you, but bring in your own as well...you can have tons of time! good time!

take care
Monica

The other option for Felix...if you have a charge card...charge it..and get a part time job in AZ while you do your flying. It is done alot! that way you can keep try to keep ahead of the payments. Or the other idea about a loan is good too!

The 141 idea would be good for loans...but the added cost would not be good. And the required class hours..which ups the cost as well. I don't know what there plans are though... I just know they run it well now.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Originally posted by Hollywood:
but i guess it doesn't really matter. if it's a good school then it's a good school. no matter how they try to attract students.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I disagree

I've spoken with MOnica and she told me that she was a first officer with America West. If she told gliderpilot that she was with Mesa, then something is fishy

Yeah, but if they're attracting students in the jetcareers forum, they should send me a little dough!

Wow Inspector, with that kind of opinion either you had a bad exp. with that school or you just really don't like them for whatever reason. Do you care to share? I checked them out and they seem good just nothing fancy. As far as the pay goes, it's multi time and quite a bit of it. If someone wants good pay for teaching then it would probably be better for them to go somewhere else (or into another field of work). Just my two cents.

I've nothing against the school at all, it may be a great place but I have a problem with flightschool management pretending to be current students on these forums. That's dishonest and makes you wonder what else they might try and pull. It's not unusual unfortunately, if you look at other threads you'll see the problem crops up every so often.

Inspector, if your refering to Monica as the one pretending, your wrong. She is a former student, and her post is 100% accurate. I don't recall reading anything about her claiming she's a current student. Also, I do know that she started with no time at accelerated, and built about 1000 hours with them, all multi. Then she got the job with Mesa as a FO. If your refering to someone else that's posing, then I appologize. Good luck to all

In my telephone conversation Monica did tell me she is a former student, and nothing she told me is inconsistent with what I have heard here. I honestly look forward to teaching in a multi, building my own multi time. The fact that I get paid is nice, but I am considering it part of my training. If I instruct for say 3 months, I get maybe 300hrs ME and $1500 in pay. I'm also out 3 months living expenses ($2000). So I am paying $500 to build 300ME hours...that is a deal in my book. The only issue I have so far is the 6 A/C going to Thailand for the new school, and if A/C availability will be affected at the AZ school.

Wow, 110 bucks an hour, I had to check this one out for myself. Don't kid yourselves, fellow airmen. You will get what you pay for at this school. These airplanes (the ones that still work, anyways) are not pretty birds. The program seems decent however, and a great deal if you are willing to take the risk.

I really like the idea that you pay for flight time in blocks. I was told that you pay for time in 5 hour blocks. 5hrs=$550. You kind of pay as you go. To me, it would be kind of scary shelling out $60k off the bat like at some of the larger flight schools. I've heard horror stories about students trying to get their $ back. I'm pretty sure I will attend accelerated.

I took a bunch of pictures of their airplanes (cockpits and outside). If anyone wants them I'd be glad to email them after I get them developed.

One more thing, I have been considering this place and have tried to research it as much as possible. I don't mean to pry into peoples' personal lives, but if you go to the database at landings.com that has a directory of all certified pilots and look up both Monica (cheif flight instructor) and Stewart (owner), interestingly they list the same address. I don't know what this means, it is interesting though. (Nice house too.)

Inspector....you seem to have a chip on your shoulder...it is transparent who you are...don't hurt other peoples futures for your own grudges!! Accelerated is a very good school, and nothing less than factual information was ever written.

Back