Mainline fight for scope

PaulR

This is a United ALPA produced video, however pending legislation poses a threat to all US airline workers. The potential to outsource flying to global partnerships via anti trust immunity (ATI) is threat to every pilot group.

This, in simple terms, is a way that major airlines can whipsaw the large carriers just like the regionals but with an improved/perfected system that would greatly hinder protecting against it if passed. Take time to learn about this and please speak up if you feel US carriers should be flying US flights internationally.

All pilots can click on the "Action Alert" graphic to send a message to your elected representative. Just edit the text to enter you own carrier.

Action Alert on Antitrust Immunity (ATI)

Dead end career. . .

Unless of course you grew up poor and are just happy to be making a paycheck.

Kiddies, build enough time to meet 135 IFR minimums. . .stay out of the airlines.

Dead end career. . .

Kiddies, build enough time to meet 135 IFR minimums. . .stay out of the airlines.

Many pilots out there are not giving up on the fight to make the airlines safer, the profession a better long term career, and the quality of life such that experienced pilots want to stick around for a while. I would recommend hangin in there a little longer surreal, send in the email, its easy and every little bit helps... this may be one of many issues to fix, and thats why one person alone cant fix everything. We all need to be proactive. Lets make this profession better for those behind us.

Many pilots out there are not giving up on the fight to make the airlines safer, the profession a better long term career, and the quality of life such that experienced pilots want to stick around for a while. I would recommend hangin in there a little longer surreal, send in the email, its easy and every little bit helps... this may be one of many issues to fix, and thats why one person alone cant fix everything. We all need to be proactive. Lets make this profession better for those behind us.

I know.

E-mail was sent, as well as the link forwarded to a number of like minded individuals.

As far as making it better for those behind us, I'll look forward to doing that once again whenever it is I'm recalled.

Cheers

Find me a 135 gig that will allow me to build twin turbine time and I'll bite.

Oh there out there! And not only talking about my employer either. There are many smaller 135 companies that operate the same type of equipment as my employer does. Just get to researching!

I know a couple of people who went to SWA from a 135 job flying caravans. But I guess if youre after a job based on how you'll 'build time' then go for the 'twin turbine' right eh?

I know a couple of people who went to SWA from a 135 job flying caravans. But I guess if youre after a job based on how you'll 'build time' then go for the 'twin turbine' right eh?

SWA interviews anybody that has a couple of thousand turbine. That's why they have such a low hiring rate. I know one guy he was just a freight guy flying fokkers. That's all he ever did and was hired successfully.

Dead end career. . .

Roger that 100% It's just a job after the SJS wears off very quickly you will eventually be wondering about QOL.

So we say all this but in 2 years when the industry is hiring 300hr ATP grads everybody will say congrats when they get hired because....yeah I don't know why everybody does that. It should be a "shame on you" when someone gets hired that low time at a low paying regional. It'll happen though.

Dead end career. . .

Is that the career path you followed?

Back