Plane Down in Buffalo - Colgan Continental Flight 3407

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had it with these freaking "experts". The genius's just showed a picture of the saab. Another one said that turboprops are more dangerous in icing. I can't stand it anymore.

My thoughts and prayers are with you colganites. :(

Sad news indeed. RIP to those lost, and my thoughts are with the surviving family and friends.

I've had it with these freaking "experts". The genius's just showed a picture of the saab. Another one said that turboprops are more dangerous in icing. I can't stand it anymore.

I am with you, I get so mad listening to these people on the news.

I watched the news conference this morning with the NTSB. The spokesman did an excellent job. All the reporters kept asking him questions about what he thought, and if he thought, and so on and he just said "I don't think anything." He basically said we don't have any facts, and when we do have facts we will tell you about them.

My condolences to the entire Colgan family.

Just a word of advice. If this is the first time something like this has happened to you, talk to your CIRP (Critical Incident Reponse Program) team members. They're trained to help you through a crisis like this.

It helps. It really does.

Just saw a blip on CNN, reporting a 9/11 widow was onboard.

MY condolences to all involved and their families.

My condolences to the entire Cogan family.

Just a word of advice. If this is the first time something like this has happened to you, talk to your CIRP (Critical Incident Reponse Program) team members. They're trained to help you through a crisis like this.

It helps. It really does.

True that.

I was on it at Skyway/Midwest Express, but thankfully I was never activated.

My thoughts and condolences are with the crew who took that final flight west and their families.

It is every wife's nightmare to wake up and hear news of a plane crash first thing in the morning. First thoughts go to one's own husband. Second thoughts go to every other pilot he's ever flown with, trained with, commuted with or otherwise known. Third thoughts go to the families of the pilots involved. Only then can one exhale that breath they took when they first heard the news.

Exactly why I'm not even turning the news on. I'm just gonna get even more frustrated with the lack of reporting and intense mountain of speculating.

Rex, man. The minute I saw Joe Z's name on the list, I was thinking "Oh, ####. Does Rex know?"

The Pinnacle guys are definitely here to support our Colgan brothers right now. Whatever you guys need, you got it.

JEP said:
JEP; Today at 10:11. Reason: has a list been published.....? If not, this is not the place to find out. Thx.

No, a list has not been published - not at the time that I posted the member's (CA and FO's) initials.

Source for those initials is / was / close to many Colgan aircrews. Source proved to be correct.

While we are an extremely small bunch of people who work in this industry, waiting to find out if it was one of our friends can take a very long time and can be very agonizing. Only my attempt to spread the word to the JC community in regards to the flight crew.

This is truly sad news, my thoughts and prayers go out to the whole Colgan family and families of the passengers. To those flying today, stay focused and be careful! If you feel too rattled by this call in sick. Sad day.

Just got off the phone with Captain Mark Segaloff, Colgan Air ALPA MEC Chairman:

The next 24-48 hours are vital to the emotions of all crew members, be it Colgan air or those who we work around with daily. If you or anyone you know needs to speak with someone you may do so at any of the Colgan Air crew rooms throughout the system.

Please pass the word along.

Exactly why I'm not even turning the news on. I'm just gonna get even more frustrated with the lack of reporting and intense mountain of speculating.

Rex, man. The minute I saw Joe Z's name on the list, I was thinking "Oh, ####. Does Rex know?"

The Pinnacle guys are definitely here to support our Colgan brothers right now. Whatever you guys need, you got it.

When I first heard about it I tried to get a hold of another friend of mine who knew Joe. When I saw the initials of the crew I felt relieved ..... of course, when I woke up this morning and checked the company bbs.... that's a hell of a way to find out. MikeD told me way back in the day when I started at Riddle that I'd inevitably have to deal with this sort of thing. :confused: So so soon.....

RIP Joe, RIP pax and crew who I didn't know. This is a horrible horrible tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back