Plane Down in Buffalo - Colgan Continental Flight 3407

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN just announced all 5 names, including the JSing pilot on his way home. He had been a js'er of mine a few weeks ago when I worked a BUF-EWR flight. I'd never met him before, but was a very nice young man. :(
As I said, I knew the 2 fas and the FO, as well.

QCar - I knew Joe too.... from college. :(

I just feel sick. I was with Colgan for a short time in 2007, and I woke up to text messages from some of my friends that are still there. I don't know what to say really, but my heart is with the crews and their families and all Colgan crews during this tragedy.

Was it Joe Z. (Jump seating)a capt up there?? I am sorry sorry for the families and friends! Sad day here at Colgan

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/Flight_3407_crew_members_names_released_090213

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Information regarding Colgan Air Flight 3407

February 13, 2009

Continental Connection flight 3407, operating from Newark Liberty International Airport to Buffalo Niagara International Airport, was involved in an accident outside Buffalo Niagara Airport. This flight was operated by Colgan Air, Inc.

Preliminary information indicates that the flight carried 44 passengers and a crew of four. There was also an off-duty Colgan Airlines crew member aboard, bringing the number of individuals to 49. All on board perished in the accident.

"We are greatly saddened by this accident" said Philip H. Trenary, President & CEO of Pinnacle Airlines Corp., parent company of Colgan Air, Inc. "Our prayers are extended to the family and loved ones of those aboard flight 3407 and those affected on the ground. Please know that we will commit all needed resources to assist the NTSB’s investigation of this accident and work to ensure that a tragedy such as this does not occur again."

Following are the names of crew members on flight 3407:

Captain Marvin Renslow joined Colgan on September 9, 2005. Captain Renslow had flown 3,379 hours with Colgan Air.

First Officer Rebecca Shaw joined Colgan on January 16, 2008. Ms. Shaw had flown 2,244 hours with Colgan Air.

Flight Attendant Matilda Quintero joined Colgan on May 28, 2008.

Flight Attendant Donna Prisco joined Colgan on May 28, 2008.

Captain Joseph Zuffoletto, an off-duty crew member aboard flight 3407, joined Colgan on September 19, 2005.

Flight 3407 was operated using a Dash 8 Q400 aircraft. This aircraft was manufactured on April 12, 2008 and was placed into service by Colgan that month.

We have established a toll-free number for families and friends of those on flight 3407. That number is 800-621-3263. We ask that only family members and friends call this number.

I knew all three of the pilots. I was in training with Joe and Marvin. Marvin and I flew in Houston together before I left and he transitioned. He was a really good guy. He has a wife and family. I've never been so shell-shocked. I'm without words... :(

I didn't know the crew, the names sound familiar. I knew the jumpseater pretty well though. I think that he still lived in Jamestown so it would make sense that he was jumpseating. The last time I saw him was when I went through upgrade in St Louis and he was transitioning.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the family members and friends of all the people in the crash. Its always horrifying to wake up and turn on the news and see something like this.

I couldnt sleep more than 2 hours at a time last night, and when I did sleep it was horrible. I hope this feeling goes away, or its going to be crappy for awhile.

CNN just announced all 5 names, including the JSing pilot on his way home. He had been a js'er of mine a few weeks ago when I worked a BUF-EWR flight. I'd never met him before, but was a very nice young man. :(
As I said, I knew the 2 fas and the FO, as well.

So sorry to hear about this.

That being said it is nice to see the bond that most of us feel to others in the industry instead of the petty bickering that has been going on of late. It shouldn't take a tragedy to bring that out.

RIP. My thoughts are with everyone who was affected.

RIP crew. Don't know many that fly for Colgan...just 1 or 2 from here.

When I first heard of the accident, for some reason in the instant that I heard it, thoughts of American Eagle 4184 came to mind. Probably due to a similar style of aircraft and similar WX conditions, although the phase of flight was different. Many here are probably too young to remember the 1994 accident of the ATR in Roselawn, IN, but thats what came to mind. Not saying there's any bearing one way or the other, just sharing the thought.

First of all, RIP to everybody on board. I'm glad none of our friends from JC were on the flight, but that doesn't make this any less gut wrenching. I knew a handful of FO's that flew the Q for Colgan as they were in my crashpad, and I'm glad to hear it was none of those guys either.

In reguards to your post, Mike, I thought the same thing.

I flew with Marvin for a month here in Houston last summer. He was a real good guy. Terrible news to wake up to, thoughts are with friends and family.

RIP

God bless and my prayers to the friends, QGAR, and families of the crew and passengers! I agree this seems to be a lot harder on me then other crashes i have heard about. Of course when in the past did we hear the voice of the crew just moments after the crash. It is interesting to me that she was so upbeat sounding on her calls, but to me when they switched them to tower she didn't seem to have the same tone.

At about 28.26 on the live atc recording the controller finally says to someone that they went down near clump(sp?)

I'm at a pretty popular hotel with flight crezs here in Brussels and about every computer and laptop as I can see are tuned to something about the accident.

Scary as most of us, even some of the guys from Iberia that I've been talking to, knows someone at Colgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back