Question about the Borg (aka Delta) and NWA, AS, etc...

God help me for defending Velo but...

Airways runs 190s on 30 minute legs all the time. It seems to be working out just fine for them.

I'm thinking Velo has plenty of AK time. In fact, I'm guessing he's been doing it a bit longer than you have.

And here's where your argument completely dies. The 190/195 is NOT an RJ. Simply because it's a natural progression from the 170 doesn't make it fit that category. The economics of a 100+ seat jet and a 70/75/86 seat jet are totally different. Now, would they have issues on some of the runways? I don't know. Most of the figures I've seen show that the 195 has the as or better performance in all areas than the 737. However, there may be some DPs up there that are just so crazy that the 190 couldn't handle them. But as far as distance and load stuff, it's more than capabile.

Look, RJs have been out for a while, someone would have done it already, the problem is there's no market for it up here. If they really want to make money, they should q400 it up, or run hondos, not jets. I will grant that maybe if they operated exclusively in southeast and if (big if) they could take off from all of these airports at max gross, then they might turn a profit, but I doubt they will, its not exactly like alaska's last great idea made any money (combi jets), so we'll see where this one goes.

-pat

Think it'll look like this?
0457279.jpg

Damn, that was a beautiful paint job. Still my favorite livery of all time.

I will grant that maybe if they operated exclusively in southeast and if (big if) they could take off from all of these airports at max gross, then they might turn a profit, but I doubt they will, its not exactly like alaska's last great idea made any money (combi jets), so we'll see where this one goes.

You know something? Since you really have no clue what you're talking about, I suggest you stop talking.

1. E190/195s are not RJs. They're 100/110 seat airliners every bit as capable as 737s and a LOT more cost effective.

2. You obviously don't have a clue about how the EAS program works. We make a solid profit running the Combis even if we ran them empty.

Stick to Cessna topics and busting FARs. Those are two things you obviously know a lot about.

Dude.. Mellow..... mellow..... OHHHHMMMmmmmmm.... Nuhnuhnuhnuhhhhhhhhh.... OHHHmmmmmmmmm.

I don't know, what do you guys use for calming mantra up there in the northwest anyway?

Those two need to go get a drink together or something, aviation is too small for petty flame wars, especially ones where the parties concerned don't even know each other! :) (Watch... I'll get flamed for that! :D)

Those two need to go get a drink together or something, aviation is too small for petty flame wars, especially ones where the parties concerned don't even know each other! :) (Watch... I'll get flamed for that! :D)

I'm not even trying to, I don't want to, but this guy keeps climbing down my throat, even when I tried to make ammends in the other forum. This has been like a 3 day marathon, I'm getting tired of this.

I'm not even trying to, I don't want to, but this guy keeps climbing down my throat, even when I tried to make ammends in the other forum. This has been like a 3 day marathon, I'm getting tired of this.

Stop talking #### and we will be best of buddies. Get the picture? We'll designate you the forum "tundra expert." That seems to be your knowledge base.

Stop talking #### and we will be best of buddies. Get the picture? We'll designate you the forum "tundra expert." That seems to be your knowledge base.

You told me I was going to get people killed? That's not talking ####? Dude, lay the hell off, seriously.

That's cool, man!

You've just got to hook me up with my "Borg Name".

Dougucious?

ha ha ok I was just looking it up and they name Borgs by numbers.... like what ever number you get assimilated in your group...

ex: your name could be

DOUG 5 of 6

that means you were the 5th guy out of 6 to be assimilated

you might even say something like Northwest A.K.A. 6 of 8 (just made up numbers I really dont know how many mergers there have been)

I think either wrong or right ppragman is just expressing his opinion on the subject... nobody needs to be an expert in any area to give their personal opinion about a situation...you just say what you think...and if you seem to think that opinion is wrong than express your own...but do it without directly attacking another persons thoughts.

That is why people get in fights on here. They try and tear each other down and degrade oneanother...

Ben,

You are free to express opinion. However, when you're talking out your butt, don't be surprised if someone call you on it.

You are free to express opinion. However, when you're talking out your butt, don't be surprised if someone call you on it.
Oh, I think a lot of us talk out our butts all the time. I think the problem arises when you talk out your butt, claim it as How the World Works, and get ticked at the world when someone smarter than you calls you on it.

Well I'am just saying everyone is entitled to there opinion...not trying to argue the facts...just the rights.

I could argue with you that the sky was black when you are saying it is blue... It may be I am looking up when the sun is down and you when it is up... ...another person could step in and argue that the sky is really clear and the color we are seeing is just the way light penitrates the atmosphere.....
...each situation is always depending on the individuals relative perspective of any situation whether it be right or wrong that is just how opions work...even if someone is wrong it isnt right to try and silence them and tell them to keep their mouth shut when they have every right to tell you how they see a situation...no matter how incorrect.

Now, Velocipede, dont get me wrong here but I do believe YOU have every right to argue for or againts any opinion expressed publicly by anyone on this site or anyplace else... I just dont think it is right to try and silence what someone else is saying or to throw out insults... and yes that goes for anyone else too ...sorry if it feels like I am singling you, I really dont intend to I am just trying to defend rights.

Just keep it cool and tactfull and you both will be able to say what you want with out the bickering

Dude.. Mellow..... mellow..... OHHHHMMMmmmmmm.... Nuhnuhnuhnuhhhhhhhhh.... OHHHmmmmmmmmm.

I don't know, what do you guys use for calming mantra up there in the northwest anyway?

Repeat after me.

"Staaaaaaaaarrrrrbuuuuuuuuuuucks"
>breathe<

Repeat. Chant whie driving huge SUV while swilling overpriced coffee with one hand, talking on cell phone with other, and steer with your knees. Honk and snarl when you cut somebody else off.

Back