Youtuber Fatal Crash

She doesn’t seem like that typical arrogant, know-it-all type either. I think she would have been receptive had someone shot it straight with her.

She’s from a different set. She’s not the arrogant know it all set. She’s the “doesn’t know how much she really doesn’t know” set, just happily cruising along, sadly to her own demise. And dad with her. With no true mentorship from those who should have done so.

I was really surprised how clueless the CFI's have been in the last few high profile accidents.

Is that where we are now?

I was really surprised how clueless the CFI's have been in the last few high profile accidents.

It’s hard to tell if that’s a “where we are now” thing or a “everyone can see it because GoPro” thing. On the one hand, even as much of an inexperienced, arrogant idiot as I was when I was a CFI, I don’t see myself (or any of the folks I remember working with) being some of these people. On the other, I remember encountering/hearing about some preeeeetty off the wall shiz at various rural East Texas non towered airports back in the day, it just didn’t make the interwebz back then.

Well, I would say that we are noticing this more because of social media in general. To play devils advocate, I would say that this is a positive element to the internet and social media. Before, we didn’t really get a chance to see a garbage CFI actually contribute to their and/or a students death. We have been grossly indoctrinated over the last several months of what can happen when a bad CFI is allowed to teach. We then get to piece together a pretty damming amount of evidence against them thanks to social media. The CFI that spent his time crapping on his students on SnapChat or Tik Tok before killing then both, will be the start of a series of similar events.

In retrospect, watching videos of this punk CFI sitting there on his cell phone while his student is struggling, makes me want to shake the crap out of him. I hope the guilt weighs on his shoulders, because it should.

It’s hard to tell if that’s a “where we are now” thing or a “everyone can see it because GoPro” thing. On the one hand, even as much of an inexperienced, arrogant idiot as I was when I was a CFI, I don’t see myself (or any of the folks I remember working with) being some of these people. On the other, I remember encountering/hearing about some preeeeetty off the wall shiz at various rural East Texas non towered airports back in the day, it just didn’t make the interwebz back then.
Selection bias is a big deal... it's way easier to see these sorts of things now.

Knowing nothing about her or her reputation, just watched that youtube video of her above. I'm gonna armchair blame this partially on her age to an extent. She's a rich business owner and 45 years old, probably doenst take instruction that well, especially from someone 20+ years younger than her. Holy moly if she really has 400 hours and THAT is the way she flies in HER plane. wowza.
In three of my airline indocs, the older (oldest) students in the class did the worst.

When I retire, I'm totally becoming an internet troll to the ones that survive.

giphy.gif

Not sure why red-haired SWA lady is being thrown into this conversation, considering those are professional marketing videos produced by the airline. Big Ern is doing the exact same thing and its been an incredible boost to his career, and yet he’s not catching any strays here…I wonder why that could be….

Its because her content is cringe and unprofessional. Same as people are saying about this recently departed pilot. I'm sorry, but you wanna do tik tok dances or be a highly paid and respected professional? If someone started filming the content she films next to me there would 100% be a conversation about how unacceptable it is. IDK who big ern is, it took a lot for instagram to stop feeding me this pilot influencer garbage, but to imply it's because of sexism is quite the stretch. United guy with the haircut is equally as embarrassing, as are many other male pilot influencers.

Well, I would say that we are noticing this more because of social media in general. To play devils advocate, I would say that this is a positive element to the internet and social media. Before, we didn’t really get a chance to see a garbage CFI actually contribute to their and/or a students death. We have been grossly indoctrinated over the last several months of what can happen when a bad CFI is allowed to teach. We then get to piece together a pretty damming amount of evidence against them thanks to social media. The CFI that spent his time crapping on his students on SnapChat or Tik Tok before killing then both, will be the start of a series of similar events.

In retrospect, watching videos of this punk CFI sitting there on his cell phone while his student is struggling, makes me want to shake the crap out of him. I hope the guilt weighs on his shoulders, because it should.

I doubt it will. He'll just pull out his phone and find comfort inside.

If I was the student, I would fire him.

I did that at Sheble once. Had an absolute horrendous instructor who actually mouthed off to me. When the lesson ended, I walked up to the front desk, told the lady to take my name off that instructor for the rest of the time there, and make sure I don't get paired with him - ever again.

I'm the student, I'm PAYING for your time. You work for me at that point. Somehow, there are some people who just don't get that.

Its because her content is cringe and unprofessional. Same as people are saying about this recently departed pilot. I'm sorry, but you wanna do tik tok dances or be a highly paid and respected professional? If someone started filming the content she films next to me there would 100% be a conversation about how unacceptable it is. IDK who big ern is, it took a lot for instagram to stop feeding me this pilot influencer garbage, but to imply it's because of sexism is quite the stretch. United guy with the haircut is equally as embarrassing, as are many other male pilot influencers.

"This is a day in the life of a…"

No, it's not.

I take it you didn’t like her bring-a-lobster-to-work video where she puts it on the dash?

View: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/0btgIFPjBRA

The absolute quickest way is to grab my attention when I'm busy in order to tell me a story, but never get to the point.

You will literally have me go all "Saving Private Ryan" on ya:

View attachment 75504

Ok, so so far I’m going to have Rhea hand your FO a little hula girl to put on the instrument panel, then have her tell you all about her imaginary pony and their adventures while you’re trying to do your pre-departure checklist. I’ll give the jumpsewter a go-pro and ask if he can get some sick footage of your landing for me. Then just before you line up on centerline for departure I’m going to use the lavatory.

Back