Your OKC Hangouts

1. Ted's was amazing.

2. City Walk is an Ok club, however, if you prefer all hip hop, go to Spice. Rok Bar and Skyy walk are also good.

3 Fantasy Island is a club where you get your monies' worth in lapdances, but Night trips has better looking girls.

4. Club Mango on thurdays or Rodeo on Wednesdays if you're more in hip hop, like southern hip hop, not commercial.

5. Ihop, get a bacon, egg, and cheeseburger. MMM Hmmm

Rockband 2 is better than Guitar Hero III or Aerosmith in my opinion. More options than just Guitar (although I usually just play the guitar).

Mario Kart you have to get used to but once you do, it is fun and not nearly as hard.

My favorite wii game is Big Brain Academy. It is mind puzzles and stuff. I love it!!

Oh yeah Big Brain Academy is a great game! Good practice for ATC cause you gotta think quick! I brought my Wii but still haven't even set it up yet. I don't have a lot of games but I might have some that you don't. Maybe Scongdon and I should carpool to your place some time since we both live at Walnut and I know where your place is.

That would be great! We are doing a PV party on Wednesday (my husband has his PV). We are going to eat and then playing tons and tons of wii games. You guys are more than welcome to come!!!

Maybe Scongdon and I should carpool to your place some time since we both live at Walnut and I know where your place is.[/QUOTE]

Bow chicka bow wow!!!

Oh yeah Big Brain Academy is a great game! Good practice for ATC cause you gotta think quick! I brought my Wii but still haven't even set it up yet. I don't have a lot of games but I might have some that you don't. Maybe Scongdon and I should carpool to your place some time since we both live at Walnut and I know where your place is.

We do? Are we in the same class?

Anywho teet, I'm on nights this week so it looks like you might be long gone? Wtf? You guys have been here that long?

Route 66 Roadhouse on NW 39th! Stumbling distance to my place at Warren House and some pretty good bands on the weekends.

At Cattleman's I had the best steak I have ever had. Other than that, most of the meals I have eaten out haven't been very good.

Ted's was by far the best Mexican food but I still didn't think it was great. The other Mexican places were just terrible so it made Ted's look that much better. The homemade tortillas were pretty good and the cheese sauce was much better than the watered down Velveeta at the other places. I am from Chicago and I have never been to a Mexican restaurant that brings out cheese sauce with the salsa. Not sure if that is an OK or TX thing but I found it pretty interesting.

Went to America's Pub in Bricktown last Friday after class and had a 99 cent burger and 99 cent basket of fries. Best 99 cent burger I have ever had but that might just be because I have never had a 99 cent burger anywhere other than a fast food joint. It is worth checking out if you are looking for a cheap meal. It is a big burger and there is a little topping bar with stuff to put on it. You can also get cheese for 29 cents extra.

If anyone has any suggestions for places to eat, please let me know. The last week I have resorted to chain restaurants because I have been so disappointed with the local places. After having burnt grilled onions on my Chili's Cheesesteak and cold hard tortillas with my On the Border fajitas, I am about to give up on the chains too.

It is an hour drive but Meers is supposed to be absolutely AMAZING! We are going this weekend to check it out.

pretty much any of the BBQ places are good. Earls in bricktown, a place in Amber, I forget the name, is amazing, so is Jakes in chickasha.

3 Fantasy Island is a club where you get your monies' worth in lapdances, but Night trips has better looking girls.
Dude. Red dog is the only way to go. Passed out Mexicans and pregnant strippers! Dirtydog for the win!!

It is an hour drive but Meers is supposed to be absolutely AMAZING! We are going this weekend to check it out.
Meers is to much hype. It's a cool place but when you go expecting the best burger in the world you are going to be disappointed no matter what.

we have enjoyed Ted's and been a few times already

also we liked zio's in bricktown. the food was typical italian but they serve fresh warm bread that is really good and i ate about 4 loaves of it!

Checked out the local amusment park ( frontier city) this past weekend and had fun. its only 35 for a season pass so if you are here for the summer and like rides its a pretty good deal.

we liked the elephant cafe, they serve a good philly cheese steak sandwich and you can have it with sweet potatoe fries which was a first for me and really tasty!

and we have an x-box so alot of rock band II going on at our place. we just got the base guitar and the cymbals. good times!

Meers isn't worth the hype everyone gives it; however, Mt. Scott is beautiful and a great area to visit. I highly suggest to it to everyone! There are bison and long horn cattle roaming free all over and you can even see deer and a couple bald eagles. Definitely worth the drive for seeing all the "mountains" and such, not good for the food really.

Now if you want AMAZING food check out Salt Grass. WOW is all I have to say. Pricey but worth EVERY penny!!!

Route 66 Roadhouse on NW 39th! Stumbling distance to my place at Warren House and some pretty good bands on the weekends.

At Cattleman's I had the best steak I have ever had. Other than that, most of the meals I have eaten out haven't been very good.

Ted's was by far the best Mexican food but I still didn't think it was great. The other Mexican places were just terrible so it made Ted's look that much better. The homemade tortillas were pretty good and the cheese sauce was much better than the watered down Velveeta at the other places. I am from Chicago and I have never been to a Mexican restaurant that brings out cheese sauce with the salsa. Not sure if that is an OK or TX thing but I found it pretty interesting.

Went to America's Pub in Bricktown last Friday after class and had a 99 cent burger and 99 cent basket of fries. Best 99 cent burger I have ever had but that might just be because I have never had a 99 cent burger anywhere other than a fast food joint. It is worth checking out if you are looking for a cheap meal. It is a big burger and there is a little topping bar with stuff to put on it. You can also get cheese for 29 cents extra.

If anyone has any suggestions for places to eat, please let me know. The last week I have resorted to chain restaurants because I have been so disappointed with the local places. After having burnt grilled onions on my Chili's Cheesesteak and cold hard tortillas with my On the Border fajitas, I am about to give up on the chains too.

Texas boy had to laugh at this one -- Cheese sauce with the salsa! We call it queso. It's pretty amazing stuff, you can even mix it with your salsa and dip a tortilla in it. It's also why I'm surrounded by an extreme amount of fat asses, so don't fall in love with it!

During my stay there were plenty of places to hang at. Get you drink on. But I wanted to let some newbies who were showing up or are currently there of some cool places to check out while at the academy.

1) my #1 hang out...Cross Eyes Moose aka"Smoking Cougar" 104th and Western. Great happy hour. Cool staff. They bring a dj and make a dance floor fri and sat. Taco Bell is across the street. 4th meal baby

2) Bunny's Burger...50th and Meridian. There are a couple of other locations. Not on the menu order the #34 with bacon and jalapenos. Get your pic take and have your memory always hang on the wall. I'm up there

3) City Walk...it's in the downtown area but this place has like 6 different clubs inside. There is the big hip-hop room, 80's dance, piano bar, a lounge, and a techno dance club. Not bad

4) Lake Heff...if the wind is sustaind at 10> it is worth your time to go.

5) Ted's...there are many competitors but nothing beats Ted's. Authentic Mexican food.

That is atleast my top 5 of cool places to vist while in OKC. Try and catch an arena football game or a minor league baseball game. They definately do not have a shortage of sports in OKC.

There is only one authentic mexican chain in the city that I know of. Check out Chelino's Mexican Restaurant . EXCELENT!!!!

Back