Your OKC Hangouts

KCbound

During my stay there were plenty of places to hang at. Get you drink on. But I wanted to let some newbies who were showing up or are currently there of some cool places to check out while at the academy.

1) my #1 hang out...Cross Eyes Moose aka"Smoking Cougar" 104th and Western. Great happy hour. Cool staff. They bring a dj and make a dance floor fri and sat. Taco Bell is across the street. 4th meal baby

2) Bunny's Burger...50th and Meridian. There are a couple of other locations. Not on the menu order the #34 with bacon and jalapenos. Get your pic take and have your memory always hang on the wall. I'm up there

3) City Walk...it's in the downtown area but this place has like 6 different clubs inside. There is the big hip-hop room, 80's dance, piano bar, a lounge, and a techno dance club. Not bad

4) Lake Heff...if the wind is sustaind at 10> it is worth your time to go.

5) Ted's...there are many competitors but nothing beats Ted's. Authentic Mexican food.

That is atleast my top 5 of cool places to vist while in OKC. Try and catch an arena football game or a minor league baseball game. They definately do not have a shortage of sports in OKC.

Im sorry but city walk is a horrible club...u need to go to Rok Bar or Skyy Bar if you are going to bricktown

During my stay there were plenty of places to hang at. Get you drink on. But I wanted to let some newbies who were showing up or are currently there of some cool places to check out while at the academy.

1) my #1 hang out...Cross Eyes Moose aka"Smoking Cougar" 104th and Western. Great happy hour. Cool staff. They bring a dj and make a dance floor fri and sat. Taco Bell is across the street. 4th meal baby

2) Bunny's Burger...50th and Meridian. There are a couple of other locations. Not on the menu order the #34 with bacon and jalapenos. Get your pic take and have your memory always hang on the wall. I'm up there

3) City Walk...it's in the downtown area but this place has like 6 different clubs inside. There is the big hip-hop room, 80's dance, piano bar, a lounge, and a techno dance club. Not bad

4) Lake Heff...if the wind is sustaind at 10> it is worth your time to go.

5) Ted's...there are many competitors but nothing beats Ted's. Authentic Mexican food.

That is atleast my top 5 of cool places to vist while in OKC. Try and catch an arena football game or a minor league baseball game. They definately do not have a shortage of sports in OKC.

why?

Wow, been 2 years but these names are bringing back memories. I think I went to every one of those joints. And skybar, that place added frivelous charges on all our c.cards. But we partied like bastards there! Nothn like getting trashed to ease those nonradar blues.

I must disagree. I don't find anything particularly authentically Mexican about Ted's.

It's a loose copy of s. Texas Tex-Mex, and it is good, but it ain't the best stuff out there.

Check out Louie's. It is a sports bar, and I forget where they are exactly. There is one over by PWA, and one over near Meridian I think. Pretty good food, and the service is usually top notch

I'd have to say:

• Ted's is the best tex mex in OKC, IMHO... if you make it to Norman, The Border Crossing is my favorite (Shed's special with Green Chile Stew)
  • Take your hungover ass to Jimmy's Egg on Sunday, get an omelet with everything on the list that you like, hashbrowns, biscuits & gravy and then pour the gravy over the omelet & hashbrowns and then cover that in hot sauce, chow down!
  • Joe's pizza in Purcell, quite excellent. I know some people are mad at Joe's and are going to this other place run by a former employee of Joe's, which I've not had, but I still like Joe's.
  • Eishens (sp?) fried chicken in Yukon. No reservations and no one to seat you. Stand in line on the sidewalk, when it's your turn hunt the room for an open table and claim it and order your chicken and sides and eat it, wipe the grease from your elbows and GTFO, other people need your table!
  • Campus Corner in Norman used to be fun, haven't done a weekend there on a non football day in years so I don't know if it's still fun.
  • This Fall... go enjoy some football games in Norman.
That's all I can think of now.

Check out Louie's. It is a sports bar, and I forget where they are exactly. There is one over by PWA, and one over near Meridian I think. Pretty good food, and the service is usually top notch

I believe there is one on Meridian.

Also. Emerson Biggins. Nice place to watch a game.

Buffalo Wild Wing is my husband's favorite place...$0.40 wings on Tuesday and $0.60 boneless wings on Thursday. Every Tues and Thurs I hear, "mmmm...wings".

God, you guys are killing me. I'm kind of waiting for per diem to start flowing... but seeing all the people out on a Saturday night and then reading this... rrrrrrgh.

Maybe I'll start a sexy dance party out here at Walnut and see who joins in.

SexyPartyDance.gif

You can come over for a wii party...I know not exactly amazing or anything but you are welcome. My husband and another guy are going to play some mario kart, maybe some call of duty and some rock band.

I became a regular at James E McNellies Public House on NW 10th and Walker. It's a short drive from Bricktown and away from all the bars down there. The pub has over 380 beers on hand and over 60 on tap. They also have a restaurant and a 'game' room where you can shoot darts. The bar staff is great. The beer is a little pricey though as you are taxed heavily since it's not 3.2% beer. There's no cover charge like many places in Bricktown.

The only night I was not at the Pub, I was at Buffalo Wild Wings. Tuesday night = $.40 wing night.

And Club Rodeo was worth checking out once. $1 beer on the weekends until 11 pm. Live Bull Riding and lots of country dancing going on. I learned how to two-step there....and i've forgotten already.

I've been home for 2 and half weeks and I actually kind of miss going out in OKC.

You can come over for a wii party...I know not exactly amazing or anything but you are welcome. My husband and another guy are going to play some mario kart, maybe some call of duty and some rock band.

I was a grandmaster at Mario Kart on the SNES & N64, I'm pretty sure that I could whoop anyone's ass on the Wii, and I've never even seen one.

I'll take you up on this offer next time you have a game night. :)

*Edit* - I stink at those guitar hero games though... I have a real guitar. :)

I was a grandmaster at Mario Kart on the SNES & N64, I'm pretty sure that I could whoop anyone's ass on the Wii, and I've never even seen one.

I'll take you up on this offer next time you have a game night. :)

*Edit* - I stink at those guitar hero games though... I have a real guitar. :)

I have a real guitar.. But GH is my favorite way to own my friends since I suck at the sports games...:D

Back