"You Tube" vs "Auto Land"

Thought this might spark some new life into this thread:

NTSB IdentificationDFW08CA215
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121 Air Carrier operation of TRANS STATE AIRLINES (D.B.A. American Connection)
Aircraft EMBRAER EMB-145LR (N814HK)
Injuries 36 Uninjured.
Accident occurred Thursday, August 14, 2008 in St. Louis, MO
While en route to the destination airport, the first officer (FO) warns that his flaps 45 degrees landings are “a little extreme.” The FO continues by stating that the landings are “a little non-standard, but it’s way more fun.” The flight data recorder (FDR) showed an increased in the airplane’s pitch angle at approximately 34 feet above ground level. The landing flare continues to increase to approximately 13 degrees of pitch angle with a corresponding angle of attack of 17 degrees. The airplane’s stick shaker/stall warning system activates seconds prior to the airplane’s landings. During the landing sequence, the airplane’s tail sections contacted the runway.

Wow. . .amazing.

A little non-standard, but it's way more fun. . .

shakehead.gif

Standards - They don't matter.
rolleyes.gif

Since Surreal says the scenario's not a joke, this would be one of those incredibly rare instances that I would dutifully take the controls from the Captain.

In reference to the accident posted by Zap. I posted the NTSB write-up elsewhere, and another member generated this nifty Church Sign.

TSA.jpg

Just a shame though. . .and I'm sure this FO considers himself to be the consummate professional.
thumbsdown.gif

This thread caught my attention after jumpseating on a regional yesterday.
Nothing noticeably different about the landing, seemed like the right wing dipped pretty good just prior to touchdown but hell I didn't know the winds nor did I give a rat's ass because I was just happy to be seeing my gf in 15 mins.
Anyways... as soon as we pulled into the gate the cockpit door came flinging open (I was in the second row) and the FO shouts out to the FA asking her if she "thought that landing was cool" she asked why and he said "the plane landed itself". The older couple in the row next to me turned to each other and said something to the affect of look how far aviation has come that planes actually land themselves. I didn't think anything beyond the FO shouldn't be talking so loud that passengers could hear that kind of thing but from what I'm getting on this forum ERJ-145s can't land themselves? I didn't know any better, hell my lear can barely couple at cruise. I'm sure he had it on video because he had his camera in his hand as he was walking out of the cockpit. :banghead:

I think you should say what airline it was. Hell, you should post the flight number and date on here as well so that clown can get his @#! reported.

Sad

This thread caught my attention after jumpseating on a regional yesterday.
Nothing noticeably different about the landing, seemed like the right wing dipped pretty good just prior to touchdown but hell I didn't know the winds nor did I give a rat's ass because I was just happy to be seeing my gf in 15 mins.
Anyways... as soon as we pulled into the gate the cockpit door came flinging open (I was in the second row) and the FO shouts out to the FA asking her if she "thought that landing was cool" she asked why and he said "the plane landed itself". The older couple in the row next to me turned to each other and said something to the affect of look how far aviation has come that planes actually land themselves. I didn't think anything beyond the FO shouldn't be talking so loud that passengers could hear that kind of thing but from what I'm getting on this forum ERJ-145s can't land themselves? I didn't know any better, hell my lear can barely couple at cruise. I'm sure he had it on video because he had his camera in his hand as he was walking out of the cockpit. :banghead:

What a disgrace. :eek:

There are too many pilots at the contract providers who do not have the mentality they should have to be flying airliners.

And so many more that should be need to be trained in what the concept of customer service is. :(

Re: Sad

Well, my company doesn't fly any 145s. . .so. . .but

A friendly "anonymous" note in someone's mailbox might be needed - perhaps with this latest NTSB report as an attachment.

I think you should say what airline it was. Hell, you should post the flight number and date on here as well so that clown can get his @#! reported.
If I bought a ticket the airline, flight number, time, date, location, names, and description would be given in full. I was a jump seater sitting in the back and I'm thankful for a ride. However said airline will never get my business via my own hard earned money.

You mention this behavior to anyone at your company? Or would anyone really care to listen? Perhaps they won't jumpseat their own personel on this company's craft anymore.

You mention this behavior to anyone at your company? Or would anyone really care to listen? Perhaps they won't jumpseat their own personel on this company's craft anymore.

Why would my company "jumpseat" anyone anywhere on anything except our own aircraft?

Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody have a link to the youtube video being talked about? I can't find it for the life of me...

Anyways... as soon as we pulled into the gate the cockpit door came flinging open (I was in the second row) and the FO shouts out to the FA asking her if she "thought that landing was cool" she asked why and he said "the plane landed itself". :

Bush league.

Obviously Mike, obviously.

I'm sure you're aware but some companies do purchase tickets on other companies in an effort to move needed crew members to an aircraft.

Back