You have to love that kind of service - Headset repair.

Acadia

First this is not a “my headset is better than yours” thread, so the regular folks that like to chime in about how un-exceptional this company is really need not reply to state that. I am sure other companies are also great, but I thought this was good enough to warrant a post.

I just got around to sending my worn & well-used 5+ year old David Clark H10-13X noise canceling headset in for some basic service. After much abuse the cable coming out of the noise canceling box was having intermittent crackles so I thought it was time for a tune up. This unit had been in the shop before from when I broke the mic boom (again abuse). I shipped them out last Friday and I got them back yesterday. I just got around to opening them a few minutes ago and this what I found...

They more or less decided to rebuild the entire headset. I expected a new set of cables and then the standard new ear seals and head cushion. They upgraded my noise canceling box to the newer 9V unit, replaced the electronics in each ear, replaced the mic boom, all new cables, and also gave me the usual seals and cushion. As far as I can tell the only original parts are the plastic green ear shells and the metal headband. The set is now darn close to being a completely new and updated set. I can’t complain about that. I only wish Sony had as good a policy on old home electronics!

:nana2:

[FONT=&quot]p.s. I put this in the Lav as we probably have had enough headset threads under the general subjects.[/FONT]

I have to say Lightspeed has some very good customer service too. They fixed one of my headsets quickly and for free, even after the warranty had expired.

IMO - doesn't belong in the lav.. belongs in general topics no matter how many headset threads we have! haha :)

I find that earplugs do as much noise reduction as the ANR headset that I tried on once.

Kristie said:
IMO - doesn't belong in the lav.. belongs in general topics no matter how many headset threads we have! haha :)

Double Drat! :eek:

Jacetheace my cost was about $4.00 to send them down.

aloft said:
Lemme know how long you get out of a 9V battery, mine might need a "repair" soon!

[FONT=&quot]A few friends tell me that the 9V lasts 20-25hrs. Not nearly as long as the 6 AA's, but you can also get 9V packs cheap at Home Depot and the swap is quicker. I like the smaller size of the unit as well as the auto shutoff feature my original unit did not have.[/FONT]

You can't really beat their service. I had the same problem with the cord coming out of the noise cancelling box (I babied the headsets, I have no idea how it came out). I needed them back ASAP so I next day aired them over. They fixed the box and made some tune-ups. They next day aired it back to me. I was impressed. They certainly didn't have to do that.

I sold the DC's to a student and now fly with the Bose X (a gift from my folks). I prefer the feel of the Bose (much lighter and doesn't clamp). The DC also had two bolts that used to grind into my head, I don't know why, I even replaced the headpad. Must just be me small head. In any case, the customer service alone is reason enough to buy DC.

Back