YGBSM Question

If I had $1 for every commuter aircraft I either did or almost roll in on top of while they were on the Inyokern transition, I'd have a coffee or better. Be safe out there fellas......I know we kept a good radar/visual lookout, but it wasn't good enough to prevent a near midair sometimes (nobody's fault mind you), even with multiple airplanes/eyes.

As if the place wasn't marginal enough...

I sent Autothrust Blue a link to the R2508 Complex User's Handbook (the very very public one, available here) so he can be "that guy" at his airline. Who knows if he'll actually read it though. :D

Ah, my "that guy" budget has a little more free time (long story), so I'll probably focus some of it on that. :)

Well, I guess my answer to the above question wasn't what they wanted to hear. LOL

7/2/2013

Pilot Candidate

Dear Forward facing switch biotch candidate,

Thank you for submitting an application for a First Officer position with American Eagle Airlines.

Applicants are evaluated for overall competitiveness. While we appreciate your interest in American Eagle Airlines, we regret to inform you that we are unable to consider you for a pilot position at this time. It is our policy not to discuss the specifics of this decision with our applicants.

Thank you again for your interest in American Eagle Airlines. You may reapply in 60 days if you so desire.

Sincerely,

Pilot Recruitment
American Eagle Airlines, Inc.

Well, I guess my answer to the above question wasn't what they wanted to hear. LOL

7/2/2013

Pilot Candidate

Dear Forward facing switch biotch candidate,

Thank you for submitting an application for a First Officer position with American Eagle Airlines.

Applicants are evaluated for overall competitiveness. While we appreciate your interest in American Eagle Airlines, we regret to inform you that we are unable to consider you for a pilot position at this time. It is our policy not to discuss the specifics of this decision with our applicants.

Thank you again for your interest in American Eagle Airlines. You may reapply in 60 days if you so desire.

Sincerely,

Pilot Recruitment
American Eagle Airlines, Inc.

Odd. Only a few years ago they would pay for it if they wanted you to go.

How "non current" are you? I mean just flying in general.

American Eagle can pound sand, I told the guy that an RJ course or 10 hours in a Cherokee doesn't prove anything. If they are hung up on arbitrary numbers or RJ courses, I will move on down the road. I'm not mad about it.

American Eagle can pound sand, I told the guy that an RJ course or 10 hours in a Cherokee doesn't prove anything. If they are hung up on arbitrary numbers or RJ courses, I will move on down the road. I'm not mad about it.

To a certain extent, ALL recruiting is arbitrary, since there's not a way to quantitatively assess many other predictors of "will you be the right fit for this operation?"

They might be hung up on the bolded section.

Here is reality. I don't even really want to go to a regional, but its there. Now I have interview offers from pretty much everyone except AE and XJT right now. So I'm not jumping through hoops when these places are supposedly unable to fill classes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Frankly it doesn't sound like you want a job period. You may think you are better than the regionals. That may or may not be the case but for someone who doesn't have the most basic currencies you may want to adjust your attitude a bit. There's a place to be a billy badass, talking to someone offering you a job isn't one of them. I'd really hate for that guy you told off at Eagle to wind up at your #1 someday and your name sticks out.
Small industry. Those in a position to hire guys are members of an even smaller club.
YMMV.

I don't care. I'm not taking an RJ course or buying time before they even commit to an interview.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Right now you're lacking in buying power, but you act as if you have it. You really need to get current in some way, shape, or form. If you refuse to do it (and outright tell them that), your job search will continue fruitlessly. Best of luck.

Telling a recruiter I'm not interested in doing an RJ course as a condition of hire, and assuring them I would not come unprepared = Billy badass and telling them off? What world do you live in?

What is the magic number then? I am 100% current and legal. So 10 more hours in a Cherokee? Drop five large at ATP?

Back