Yay Jumpseat Wars!

As far as non-rev goes, I think NWA mainline has a higher priority than Pinnacle non-revvers, even on our own planes. JS, I think we still have higher priority. JS guide is in my flight kit, and that's at the airport, so I can't look it up for sure.

MSP and DTW operations will occasionally tell gate agents "no JSers" on some flights. Basically, it's operations not wanting to delay a flight or deal with W&B issues. When I see that or hear that from a gate agent, I'll call dispatch, and they're normally "WTH? No, you can take a JSer. Who said you couldn't?" Argument ensues, flex CA muscles, JS gets on. Unfortunately, this happens a LOT in MSP. Not much we can do since Mesaba does our ground handling there.

Why all the talk about pissing off United and biting the hand that feeds?

-Im pretty sure United needs the feed just as bad as the feed needs United.

-Im pretty sure since United is an airline, that their management COULDN"T GIVE A CRAP about this. Im also pretty sure that United management with how overstaffed they are, is excited about "reserve utilization" if a couple guys can't get to work.

-United pilots know what has been going on is wrong, they don't own UAX. Do they still "own" all their routes if they liquidate in chapter 7? If they want to own the flying then they should do it themselves. Does Michael Dell go and park in Intels CEO's parking space? #### NO! As an American you are entitled to your constitutional rights and free air.

-I hope and believe this will get fixed quick

Additionally, it is impossible to go up to the gate agent at some airports and still do a quick turn. Say you're a skywest captain doing a 19 minute UA quickturn in Denver at gate B-whatever in the commuter gates. To go up to "check" on jumpseaters requires you to go into the lower level, walk down a very long hallway then walk up stairs or take an elevator, walk down another hallway and then you're finally there. It is impossible to do in 19 minutes and still do everything else that needs to be done.

This is why I'm glad we don't have any kind of electronic listing system for the jumpseat on our flights. The rules are simple and priorities are spelled out in the FOM. There is no computer to F it all up, assuming the CASS verification works.

An agreement has been reached.

Look for a paper system to be implemented that prioritizes the priority much like the USAirways System. More info to come.

The only time I even try to jumpseat is when it's a liesure trip and I really don't care if I get on. If I must be somewhere by a certain time, I buy a regular ticket.

The only time I even try to jumpseat is when it's a liesure trip and I really don't care if I get on. If I must be somewhere by a certain time, I buy a regular ticket.

So you don't commute. But there are other people who do.

So you don't commute. But there are other people who do.

"Home-based" actually. I do have recurrent next month at HQ; technically a 'commute', for which I just bought a ticket rather than take the chances I won't be able to get on anything Sunday night. I know I probably spent money when I didn't have to, but since I can't 'nonrev' per-se, I feel better with the peace-of-mind that I have a guaranteed seat and no chance (or minimal chance, I guess I should say) of no showing for training.

:whatever:
Whatever... I think that would have cost me three times my earnings when I was commuting to DEN.

:whatever:
Whatever... I think that would have cost me three times my earnings when I was commuting to DEN.

Yep, I would have declared bankruptcy by now - multiple times! :laff:

I sometimes think all new hires should be required to commute at least for a few months so everyone knows the plight of the commuter :D

This job is hard enough to deal with and when you have indifferent crews with respect to the commuting lifestyle it sucks. Some don't realize the importance of it all. Everyone gets a ride in my jumpseat. Everyone.

"Home-based" actually. I do have recurrent next month at HQ; technically a 'commute', for which I just bought a ticket rather than take the chances I won't be able to get on anything Sunday night. I know I probably spent money when I didn't have to, but since I can't 'nonrev' per-se, I feel better with the peace-of-mind that I have a guaranteed seat and no chance (or minimal chance, I guess I should say) of no showing for training.

Wait, you're home based, but the company won't positive space or pay for a ticket for you to get to training? Where is this?

Back