wtb: brain bucket

gotta revive this one.

still looking to buy a functioning (or at least, convertable to civi) flight helmet

got a small sponsorship from a company making helmet cams, now i need a helmet to stick the cam to!

gotta revive this one.

still looking to buy a functioning (or at least, convertable to civi) flight helmet

got a small sponsorship from a company making helmet cams, now i need a helmet to stick the cam to!

Checked any Army/Navy Surplus places? I've seen them in there a few times but they were costly. I'm guessing you could retrofit one.

What is the company making the helmet cam? I am looking for one to attach to my snowmachine helmet.

What is the company making the helmet cam? I am looking for one to attach to my snowmachine helmet.

www.vholdr.com

you can bet as soon as mine gets here ill be posting a lot of vids!

quality looks good, it appears very easy to use, all self contained, and reasonable price.

ill put a review once i get mine.

i suppose if i cant find a suitable helmet im going to try just attaching it to my headset somehow.

Checked any Army/Navy Surplus places? I've seen them in there a few times but they were costly. I'm guessing you could retrofit one.

surplus places ive looked online have pretty junky crap. "collector" trash, not for actual use. ebay seems a decent route, but yeah, these things arent cheap! :-\

yeah i was thinking it might be lame wearing a helmet in a super D... but then my buddy was like pfft, its not a helmet, its a high tech video mounting system..... :nana2:

I think you'll find that getting a helmet for civil flying is going to end up being expensive no matter how you look at it.

Anything you get military surplus will need some work to change over the military stuff to civil impedence (if it works at all).

Usually military surplus stuff will have torn/worn leather edgerolls or cracked/damaged shells -- the USAF treats the helmet shell itself as essentially a fly-to-fail item and replaces the whole thing when it gets to be too tattered and torn. If you want to refurbish a well-used military helmet I know of several people that do it (and do a very nice job), but it will cost you.

If you buy something new, you'll pay every bit as much as you would to "restore" one and more.

Are you planning on using it for flying?

Does it have to be pretty? I might have an old one. It would have came from Flight Suits Unlimited in El Cajon California. If I remember, I will stop by my old place and see if it is still there. I'm kind of a "bucket head" so it might be a little big on you. I will see if it is still there and let you know. If it is, you can have it. Unless it has been gutted, it will have earphones.

Does it have to be pretty? I might have an old one. It would have came from Flight Suits Unlimited in El Cajon California. If I remember, I will stop by my old place and see if it is still there. I'm kind of a "bucket head" so it might be a little big on you. I will see if it is still there and let you know. If it is, you can have it. Unless it has been gutted, it will have earphones.

doesnt have to be pretty at all. military comms or civilian comms is fine, i already looked up the parts needed to change it one way or the other.

let me know! ill take it off your hands gladly.

doesnt have to be pretty at all. military comms or civilian comms is fine, i already looked up the parts needed to change it one way or the other.

let me know! ill take it off your hands gladly.
Got your pm and will be going out that way tomorrow. Will let you know one way or another.

I have a military helmet with a headset and mic built in that im in the process of converting. Its only got 1 plug. Im just splitting up the ear phones and the mic with the respective plugs. Once I get that working im getting rid of my Bose headset.

I have a military helmet with a headset and mic built in that im in the process of converting. Its only got 1 plug. Im just splitting up the ear phones and the mic with the respective plugs. Once I get that working im getting rid of my Bose headset.

sweet! post up some pics!

sweet! post up some pics!

I have spliced the headset wires away from the mic so Im just looking for the mic plug and wire. I bought it from a Vietnam Vet 5 years ago at a garage sale for 10 dollars. I think its a helicopter helmet and the guy who had it before me personalized it with the spider and his name.

Im not selling it, just figured id show you.

Attachments

• DSC01404.JPG
    DSC01404.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 98
I have spliced the headset wires away from the mic so Im just looking for the mic plug and wire. I bought it from a Vietnam Vet 5 years ago at a garage sale for 10 dollars. I think its a helicopter helmet and the guy who had it before me personalized it with the spider and his name.

Im not selling it, just figured id show you.

hell yeah thats mean lookin!! WILD THING! nice find! im definitely gonna custom paint mine whenever i find one... maybe a big gaudy texas flag scheme or something....or something "hardcore" like black with a skull and bones heheh

hey T-CART any word on if you found the helmet?

(yeah its a helicopter helmet.... looks like an SPH-3 or SPH-4.... i think the main diff being that heli helmets are made more for ballistic/frag protection... at least thats my understanding of the slightly different design philosophy. looks rad tho! id wear it :-D )

Went out there Friday and they were shut down and gone because of tornados. I will go first thing Monday morning and get back to you when I return home. I am pretty sure it is still there. Might have two. If I do, I will pm you for a shipping address and get it (them) to you.

Went out there Friday and they were shut down and gone because of tornados. I will go first thing Monday morning and get back to you when I return home. I am pretty sure it is still there. Might have two. If I do, I will pm you for a shipping address and get it (them) to you.

oh yikes, tornados eh? might be WEARING the helmet on the way home! haha

cool, ill keep an eye on the PM's thanks a bunch!

I just remembered, I might have another one of these helmets back home, so if you are having trouble finding one let me know.

Went out this morning and checked on the helmets. Sorry, but they got chunked about two weeks ago. They had been in a closet and they made it through the last four spring cleanings, but not this one. Sorry I couldnt help. T.C.

Back