Worthy of a thread... Compass and Gojet getting the boot from Delta.

Attachments

• 55FBD3E3-FF66-4574-9EC1-517F6ED34F0A.gif
    55FBD3E3-FF66-4574-9EC1-517F6ED34F0A.gif
    396.1 KB · Views: 82
I think, (hope), that I'll be fine, but commuting for a bit is a definite probability and not going to be fun, but yeah. Hoping this "new opportunity" comes through, but also time to consider a few LCCs I wasn't very interested in before.

I think, (hope), that I'll be fine, but commuting for a bit is a definite probability and not going to be fun, but yeah. Hoping this "new opportunity" comes through, but also time to consider a few LCCs I wasn't very interested in before.
In the case of us, one of the key bits of the interview is to make it clear that you actually want to work here. But I think when you spend some time with us, you will want that.

This is a very human process here (like, I was shocked at how downright pleasant everyone from HR and FO management involved in the hiring process was); again specific to that and repeating for emphasis, my advice to you is to make it clear that you want to work here and that it isn't a mere consolation prize.

Plus, getting the frak out of your regional, even if it is the best one on the planet and •s Tiffany cufflinks for you every other week, is still the right call.

Dang. No offense, but IIRC you said you busted one legacy airline interview. And only after this CZ announcement are you considering applying to some LCCs? I dunno. If I was at a regional today and busted a top 3 legacy interview, I’d re-evaluate what I expect. It’s risky to say oh the other 2 will call and surely I’ll pass their interview.

I’m sure you’ll do fine. But still, I’m amazed how much people don’t consider LCCs. AirTran is Southwest, Virgin is Alaska, and soon Frontier and Spirit will also be something. Why not apply and be a part of it?

Dang. No offense, but IIRC you said you busted one legacy airline interview. And only after this CZ announcement are you considering applying to some LCCs? I dunno. If I was at a regional today and busted a top 3 legacy interview, I’d re-evaluate what I expect. It’s risky to say oh the other 2 will call and surely I’ll pass their interview.

I’m sure you’ll do fine. But still, I’m amazed how much people don’t consider LCCs. AirTran is Southwest, Virgin is Alaska, and soon Frontier and Spirit will also be something. Why not apply and be a part of it?
I am loving life at Frontier. It's gonna take a lot to make me leave.

3.5 years ago I left CP to go to VX, a classmate of mine there scoffed at the idea of me bailing and said it was a bad idea. Well, he's still at CP probably concerned about his future and I'm over here like:

295c3d2a32a0fc04a65bf2c1b74d032f.jpg

I guess the CPZ chief pilots cant dangle the Delta preferential interview carrot any more, am I right? When I was there they'd always tell us how wearing the hat and making stand-up PAs would help Delta take note of you. Sure thing, guys. I hope (for the sake of the pilots) the announcement in a couple weeks is UAL flying. If anyone from CPZ needs tips or pointers for FDX please send me a message. Good luck all.

I guess the CPZ chief pilots cant dangle the Delta preferential interview carrot any more, am I right? When I was there they'd always tell us how wearing the hat and making stand-up PAs would help Delta take note of you. Sure thing, guys. I hope (for the sake of the pilots) the announcement in a couple weeks is UAL flying. If anyone from CPZ needs tips or pointers for FDX please send me a message. Good luck all.

Anyone who actually listens to a CP, instructor, line check guy or
similar other company sycophant for career advice flunks the SA test. You might as well ask the guy or gal you’re flying with for financial advice or if they can recommend a good broker for Iraqi Dinars.

Back