Worthy of a thread... Compass and Gojet getting the boot from Delta.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member

Im always nervous when theres an airline with airplanes sitting around with no home, does compass and gojet own their own airplanes?

Im always nervous when theres an airline with airplanes sitting around with no home, does compass and gojet own their own airplanes?

Other than the 7 GoJet CRJ-900s all the frames they both are losing are owned by Delta and just being shuffled around between Endeavor, Republic, and SkyWest.

Most people are not truly stuck, but instead unwilling to seek the opportunities available.

I remember when landing at job at Atlas was both challenging and desirable. There are certainly guys who turn their nose up at those jobs now.
Fair enough. I eventually got to the “anywhere, please” point. But it took a while. (And I’m very happy to have landed where I have, don’t misunderstand. This rocks.)

I can’t think of a way to secure jobs at the regional level short of there being no regionals, and it’s silly to assume mainline will take everyone - they’d sooner do a cradle to grave arrangement with no-experience people than do that.

What’s gonna happen to Compass? It was all NWA/DAL when it started and mainline merged. How much is the AA flying? Are there plans to shift the planes to the AA side?

I have some friends at GoJet. Where does that leave them? Do they do United flying?

GoJet is essentially trading DL CRJ-700s for a like number of CRJ-550s. On the pilot side no big issue, but going from 2 to 1 FA per plane.

What’s gonna happen to Compass? It was all NWA/DAL when it started and mainline merged. How much is the AA flying? Are there plans to shift the planes to the AA side?

The 36 Compass planes flown for Delta are owned by Delta and are being split 30/6 between Republic and SlyWest. Additionally, Compass doesn’t own their AA planes so if they lose those without replacements they essentially will no longer exist.

Most people are not truly stuck, but instead unwilling to seek the opportunities available.

I remember when landing at job at Atlas was both challenging and desirable. There are certainly guys who turn their nose up at those jobs now.

All this.

“Risk averse” is often confused with “stuck”.

Man, I knew a couple 8+ year FOs at EV who left for positions at Compass and GoJet to upgrade quickly. Hopefully they have since moved on.

I think we should stop calling them airlines. They're not. They're small lift providers. You call it an airline, and people think of it as such, which means they embrace the traditional airline paradigms. Call it what is is, which is basically an ACMI carrier, and you change peoples of way thinking and their approach to the job and the business.

This is where the unions have fallen short, I think. They fail to negotiate in ways that address the business model that regional carriers work under.
Giving up scope was the dumbest thing that ALPA has ever done.

(Yes, I am aware of the contents of 11 USC 1113. That doesn’t mean I have to be happy with the decisions or results.)

I think we should stop calling them airlines. They're not. They're small lift providers. You call it an airline, and people think of it as such, which means they embrace the traditional airline paradigms. Call it what is is, which is basically an ACMI carrier, and you change peoples of way thinking and their approach to the job and the business.

This is where the unions have fallen short, I think. They fail to negotiate in ways that address the business model that regional carriers work under.

Regionals have air carrier certificates. The FAA calls them airlines. Their names have airline in them. They're airlines.

Sure, they're ACMI airlines, but ACMI airlines are still...airlines.

Over the past several months, we have been in discussions with nearly every airline in North America, as well as other parties, regarding future opportunities. I am happy to report that we are in advanced discussions with one of those parties on what will be an exciting new future for Compass Airlines.

The memo:

Attachments

• Compass_6AUG19.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 278
Back