WOOHOOOOO! I'm a pilot!!!

Heath

WOOHOOOOO! I\'m a pilot!!!

Passed my private checkride Friday night!
laugh.gif

After a three hour oral and an hour and a half checkride, it's official. I'm a private pilot!
smile.gif

Took my first passenger, my beautiful bride, for a ride on Sunday. Phew! So glad to have it done.

Now if I can build up the nerve to quit my job and go to ATP...
wink.gif

Re: WOOHOOOOO! I\'m a pilot!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Now if I can build up the nerve to quit my job and go to ATP...
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be no punk....
grin.gif

Seriously, congrats!! Keep up the great work!!

Thanks!

You know, I was actually flying with my wife in your neck of the woods. We were visiting family in KY this weekend and I rented a 150 from Russelville, 4M7. I can hear you guys on 122.8 when I fly up there.

YAY!!!!
woot.gif
woohoo.gif

Congrats Heath! how did your lady like the ride?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks!

You know, I was actually flying with my wife in your neck of the woods. We were visiting family in KY this weekend and I rented a 150 from Russelville, 4M7. I can hear you guys on 122.8 when I fly up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, we're all over the place!!!!

I fly into 4M7 sometimes...fun little airport!

Congrats ... mission accomplished.

My wife (then fiance) was my first passenger as well.

[ QUOTE ]
YAY!!!!
woot.gif
woohoo.gif

Congrats Heath! how did your lady like the ride?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, she was VERY nervous about the whole thing. She's kind of a nervous flyer, even in the big metal. So, I called ahead and asked the FBO how the air was, telling him I had a nervous first-time flyer with me. He asked around and said it was nice and calm, so we headed over. The forecast showed only 3kt winds. When we got there, the winds were closer to 10-13kts, but seemed steady. When we got up, it was ok, but just ok. A little more bumpy than I wanted for her first trip. But, she was a trooper and did fine. We only stayed up for about .8 and then I headed back. She said that while she was nervous, she could tell I was a very good pilot and that she will definitely go up again.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
Congrats!! Geez that was a long oral.

Who was your examiner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob uhm, oh shoot, I've slept since then and can't remember his last name. Started with an H. Let's see, HOWELL. That was it, Bob Howell.

It was long, but he was very fair. He did a lot of talking, too. He has a pre-written test that he asks you the questions and records your answers. It took about 3 hours, but didn't seem overly difficult. It was all stuff I expected to be expected to know.
smile.gif

Back