WN Reaches New TA

I’d like to say they’ll end up having to. I’m not looking for SWA top out, but moving forward I’d say within 25% of it doesn’t seem unreasonable if they want to retain talent for any length of time more than a year or two.

B6 has their comp review this spring and these pay raises help the dispatchers significantly. Either way it’s good for all dispatchers.

I probably spoke too quickly. It is better, just not hugely better, in terms of total pay. I'd need to see an 'all in' side by side chart to determine the exact difference. I simply meant that the total compensation is now on par with the 'Big 3', but it's not a giant leap ahead of them either.

Being a dxer from a legacy carrier, SWA seems to have gotten a HUGE deal. With 1751 hours per year means they will work 130+ hours less then united and Delta, which is close to 12-16 extra days off, not to mention more pay. Great for them but I can only hope my shop gets the same deal.

Last edited:
Being a dxer from a legacy carrier, SWA seems to have gotten a HUGE deal. With 1751 hours per year means they will work 130+ hours less then united and Delta, which is close to 12-16 extra days off, not to mention more pay. Great for them but I can only hope my shop gets the same deal.
AA's hours worked sets the bar. Everyone should switch to it.

the pay seems better but you will make more getting signed off earlier at AA and with less hours worked, your hourly rate is higher.

Yes the SW deal is on par with the other big3.. all the big 3 have different perks so just depends on how into the defaiks

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about pay at AA. I'm very happy with where I ended up. Just pointing out their new TA is better. And I agree with those that say this is good for all of us in the long run.

I mean, it's the way things work...a rising tide lifts all boats. DL's contract is the next one to be renewed, and the UA contract is on an extension so negotiations will continue for their new deal and they will try to match whatever DL gets plus what AA and WN got. I'm happy for Southwest as well as AA, and glad that wages in general for the biggest carriers have been on a steady climb since I got on with a major back in 2006.

I mean, it's the way things work...a rising tide lifts all boats. DL's contract is the next one to be renewed, and the UA contract is on an extension so negotiations will continue for their new deal and they will try to match whatever DL gets plus what AA and WN got. I'm happy for Southwest as well as AA, and glad that wages in general for the biggest carriers have been on a steady climb since I got on with a major back in 2006.
Somebody’s always gotta be first. But being first sucks when you see these great deals that follow making your paltry deal look even worse.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

the-dude-lebowski.gif

I’d like to say they’ll end up having to. I’m not looking for SWA top out, but moving forward I’d say within 25% of it doesn’t seem unreasonable if they want to retain talent for any length of time more than a year or two.
They are going to have to get closer than 25% if they want to retain people, referring to B6 and NK here. B6 current top out is within 25% of the big 4.Spirit is so far behind the other carriers that are similar in fleet size. LCC and ULCC are going to have to do better than that. They lose so much talent based on their pay now including people who don't even apply because of the pay compared to COL. B6 I think is negotiating now, Spirit is supposed to this year, on that we will see... the looming acquisition doesn't give high hopes for a contract negotiation.
If they do become one, there is no reason they shouldn't see a contract similar to the mainlines, Alaska can do it. the merged airline would be well over 400 aircraft. The contract and pay should reflect that.

Back