WN Reaches New TA

11 step top out - was 15 years. PM and Midnight shift differential pay.
Assistant pay - 98K was 57k
1st year pay - 100k
11 year pay - 177k

new schedule 5-3-5-3-5-6 (2023) 5-3-5-5- (2024). No reserve just relief lines.. Relief has a set rotation of 5-3-5-5

also 205 days work. was 223 days or something like that. So more money - less working days.

Good lord! So, are these numbers better than the US 3?

I probably spoke too quickly. It is better, just not hugely better, in terms of total pay. I'd need to see an 'all in' side by side chart to determine the exact difference. I simply meant that the total compensation is now on par with the 'Big 3', but it's not a giant leap ahead of them either.

I probably spoke too quickly. It is better, just not hugely better, in terms of total pay. I'd need to see an 'all in' side by side chart to determine the exact difference. I simply meant that the total compensation is now on par with the 'Big 3', but it's not a giant leap ahead of them either.
I agree $2000 here and there is not a big deal in the bigger picture.

$98k in training?
$100k first year pay?
That's better than AA. Their training pay is higher than our first year pay, even when you include license premium.
the pay seems better but you will make more getting signed off earlier at AA and with less hours worked, your hourly rate is higher.

Yes the SW deal is on par with the other big3.. all the big 3 have different perks so just depends on how into the defaiks

getting signed off earlier at AA doesn’t change the fact that WN training pay is still higher than AA first year pay, and from what I saw the hours worked are going to be basically the same

but yeah, this brings them up with the other 3. pay-wise, all 4 now look pretty attractive

I wonder how/if the LCCs & ULCCs will follow suit.
I’d like to say they’ll end up having to. I’m not looking for SWA top out, but moving forward I’d say within 25% of it doesn’t seem unreasonable if they want to retain talent for any length of time more than a year or two.

Back