Will you like it forever?

Yes, that's why I posted it.

I think the MMPI is a bit of a joke anyways. I haven't heard of anyone (on here at least) who failed their first MMPI and DIDN'T get approved after seeing the doc.

Oh well..

/Sips on some FAAtorade

Thanks for picking up the FAAtorade. I was just thinking that the internet here at Walnut Gardens is a gamer's dream. I just got moved in and checked it... 10mbps with a 12ms ping to Houston. Impressive :)

(Not that I'll be doing anything besides cramming academy info)

Thanks for picking up the FAAtorade. I was just thinking that the internet here at Walnut Gardens is a gamer's dream. I just got moved in and checked it... 10mbps with a 12ms ping to Houston. Impressive :)

(Not that I'll be doing anything besides cramming academy info)

Perhaps that's where I'll stay if I ever get a damn FOL

Internet = Life

But I guess that's because I have a B.S. in Computer Science.. lol

I was hanging out with some friends and someone said that they thought Controllers had a high suicide rate... I had not heard this before but I think maybe they were referring to people trying to get hired as controllers being suicidal.:sarcasm:

I was hanging out with some friends and someone said that they thought Controllers had a high suicide rate... I had not heard this before but I think maybe they were referring to people trying to get hired as controllers being suicidal.:sarcasm:

People keep asking me that, yet out of all of the controllers I've spoken to, not one of them has known (or was at least willing to mention) anyone who has committed suicide.

Go figure.

I really wonder if there's any truth to it at all... or if it's just stuff like this that churns the rumor mill. Every controller I've ever talked to said it was the best job they've ever had...

I really wonder if there's any truth to it at all... or if it's just stuff like this that churns the rumor mill. Every controller I've ever talked to said it was the best job they've ever had...
However, it is in fact one of the most stressful (for some). Devin, I don't think that you and I have much to worry about going to FSM. Nothing like an en-route facility or a level 11/12.

There were 3 planes on the Fort Smith side of the scope Wednesday morning in the TRACON. 3 planes. Not trying to play it down, but that's not near as stressful as some people would lead you to believe.

The controllers I got to meet are very happy with where they are, and I believe that anyone who really wants to do this job, wouldn't care about the stress! I know that I won't!

Probably some NATCA propoganda to get what they want.

Hey Scongdon...ready to be screaming on the inside?

Yesterday I put a soda in the freezer and it exploded. So not to be wasteful, I cut off the top of the can (not easy) and let the soda ice block slip into a cup to melt and then drink.

Only problem is...now that I'm drinking it, there's all these little shards of aluminum from the can I cut open.

Also...did you hear about that Sunday school teacher who killed that little girl? She tried to commit suicide by swallowing three x-acto blades.

Also this

Hahaha...this is fun

That's interesting, because one of my acquaintances, who is kind of a hater, actually, told me the same thing when she found out that I am going to be a contoller. I did a little research ::read google:: and found the following article, plus several others on the correllation between high suicide rates and profession and not one mentioned Air Traffic Controllers.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/jan01/suicide.html

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot. I just made that one up...

I had always heard that controllers were second only to dentists in the suicide department, but have never seen any data to back it up. I have personal knowledge of three instances of controllers killing themselves. One happened around the time I got hired (long time ago) and the other two have been within the past three years.

Yesterday I put a soda in the freezer and it exploded. So not to be wasteful, I cut off the top of the can (not easy) and let the soda ice block slip into a cup to melt and then drink.

Only problem is...now that I'm drinking it, there's all these little shards of aluminum from the can I cut open.

Also...did you hear about that Sunday school teacher who killed that little girl? She tried to commit suicide by swallowing three x-acto blades.

Also this

Hahaha...this is fun

OMG we are doing charts this week and one was flung into my eyeball... those things are razor sharp too. So I thought I just had a paper cut in my eyeball... I went to Cami and the doc said oh it looks like your eye was sliced off by a pencil eraser... Watch out for charts they are horrible in every way!!!

I always thought toll booth attendents were among the highest in terms of suicide rate. All that time alone with your thoughts and all.

Also this

Hahaha...this is fun

You have just single handedly ruined any chance of my catching up on sleep this weekend.

Honestly I think my situation was a "Hater" also... I think there was some jealousy as my friends husband would kill to be a controller but is too old... But in my defence I've tried to be sensitive about it with him. I know I got lucky w/ the PUBNATS.

That's interesting, because one of my acquaintances, who is kind of a hater, actually, told me the same thing when she found out that I am going to be a contoller. I did a little research ::read google:: and found the following article, plus several others on the correllation between high suicide rates and profession and not one mentioned Air Traffic Controllers.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/jan01/suicide.html

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot. I just made that one up...

Back