Will you like it forever?

That's what she said...

Or would I say, that's what he said...

Oh wait, I don't think that worked there...dang! ;)

I guess the moral of the story is to keep things to yourself until after your year probation because marnell522 or whoever... they can and WILL find every excuse to fire you in your first year if you rub them the wrong way. I don't think anyone should care what you want to do in the FAA... so many big wigs are retiring. This guy was in the other day talking about the facility in Cheyenne in a mountain he manages. That would be an awesome job. The things you would get to see the rest of us would never. Or being a flight checker in the US or internationally. Doing accident investigation... etc. There are endless possibilities with the FAA. However with all of the tension right now I would NOT say anything to anyone about where you ultimately want to end up. Because you have to train under and work with those people for years before you are even a certified controller. And team work is so important you HAVE to trust and count on the people in your facility. If they don't trust you to at least put 100 percent into training... then how would that work? Now notice... I'm not saying anything bad at all about what you want to do. You should not however engage in getting underneath old timers skins as they have a wealth of knowledge we can benefit from. Anyway who knows... maybe you will love being a controller??

But a very nice box, I'm sure.

Just my .02, the same thing I told my interviewer, and the same thing that drives me today... I've always been in love with aviation. Sure, I'd love to fly, (maybe someday I'll own a little Cessna) but I'm good at organizing, prioritizing, and running my chops quickly. I first found out about ATC when I was drug testing controllers... and, well, I didn't have to chat long with more than a few of them to decide I was in the wrong line of work.

I hope and pray daily that I'll be working traffic and talking with pilots until I retire, or medical gives me the boot (I hope it's the former). I don't have any doubts that I'll always enjoy doing it - as bold of a statement as that may seem to some of the veteran controllers here. I honestly can't wait to get started.

(20 days 23hrs 20min)... not that I'm counting.

Amen. I am in the EXACT same boat! This is my dream job (well, #2 behind flying) and I am thankful and excited at the opportunity that has been given to me. I don't feel entitled whatsoever. I feel lucky and honored to have gotten this far. I plan to do my job, do it well, and retire when I see fit.

Can't believe how fast these last few weeks have gone, looking at the time-stamp I put on that last one...

It's a comin....

This is my dream job (well, #2 behind flying) and I am thankful and excited at the opportunity that has been given to me. I don't feel entitled whatsoever. I feel lucky and honored to have gotten this far. I plan to do my job, do it well, and retire when I see fit.

Hurrrmmm...I hate to say it...but I honestly feel like my husband should be entitled to this job. He is amazing and so capable and he really deserves it. I can't imagine anyone would be better at it or him doing anything he enjoys more. I just feel like he should at least have the opportunity to "try out".

I guess that's just me being a wife. Guilty as charged.

nope...one of a kind.

I also am an awesome cook, help him organize his magic cards, play WOW with him, and service him in that oh-so-important way.

Jealous much?

WoW almost got me killed a few times.. if there's a conspiracy to control the United States I think WoW is at the heart. Don't think I breathed fresh air for 3 years :)

Hey.. where's that psychologist at? :laff:

WoW almost got me killed a few times.. if there's a conspiracy to control the United States I think WoW is at the heart. Don't think I breathed fresh air for 3 years :)

Hey.. where's that psychologist at? :laff:

Did you fail your MMPI? lol

Back