Why do people attend Pan-Am?

CLR4, your opinion that your school is like Harvard and mine is not even a junior college doesn't change the facts: We go online as instructors right away at Pan Am after completing the program. We’ve also had 30 hires in the last 2 months, and more interview dates being scheduled.

So I guess the airlines don't care whether you go to a Harvard or a Junior college, and you get there much faster from this junior college. A lot of arguments about your opinions, but nothing about your 2 year marketing stint. Is that salary? I hear your attendance is down, your going to have to work harder trying to get students to switch to Flight Safety based on your Harvard theory.

while I am one that sticks up for panam, your comment about getting hired as instructor right after completing the program is a little off. First of all you have to usually wait a month to get in a stands class. Then if you make it through that, you do nothing. There are no students, and your job basically consists of 2 hrs a day sitting behind dispatch giving endorsements for xc. So basically you are working 40 hrs per MONTH, making 14 an hour, and not flying. Yuck...

I will have to disagree with you that 30 instructors have been hired in the past 2 months unless you can supply us with the names. I have several friends that attend the Phoenix campus, and they have told me of no more than 10 instructors, including names, whom have been hired. If you had 30 instructors leave, then why is it that a few new hires that just finished the program only have one student a day-yes they did have to wait around more than 4 weeks to start standardization. I do talk to these new instructors. Please, you don’t need to talk about 30 instructors getting hired in every post you make-I have seen 3 posts with that comment. You have said others that post here make things up; well with that 30 instructors bit, how long is your nose?

eh hea! E7B doesn't have a clue. Keep up the Pan Am bashing. I love it. I had my experience of touring the school and there is a sense of falsehood saturating the airspace around Ft. Pierce. I had an open mind about Pan Am before visiting, but since the tour and reading these posts, I think it's a corny operation. Take a tour and you can feel the snake oil grease you up when you shake an administrator's hand. I still love that story about the doody. That's the best.

E7B, your ignorance is starting to bore me... First of all our wait for instructor is about a year at this time. It is coming down as our enrollment is rising and our instructors are getting hired. A year is a while but isn't it amazing how many people will wait that long to instruct here. They run from Pan-Am. As for your 30+ instructors getting hired, that is BS. I did some checking myself over there in Phoenix. Flight Safety has had 21 instructors get hired in the last 7-8 weeks and 5 have interviewed and are waiting to hear back. The breakdown goes like this...

ASA - 4
Chautauqua - 7 (3 waiting to hear)
Cape Air - 2 (2 waiting to hear)
ACA - 1
Eagle - 1
FSI Sim Training Centers - 6 (salary + free type rating)

Bottom line is that I have provided facts to show how many are starting to move thru our school. If you can do the same, great. I hope your instructors are getting hired. This post was not intended to bash Pan-Am students or instructors rather to give some new aviation students some insight as to what goes on at Pan-Am. You have been shut down by your own students and instructors on this post so why don't you quietly put your tail between your legs and stop defending Pan-Am's lousy management. ILS

Shut down by my own instructors and students? You should rethink changing your name to classless. One guy said the wait is a month before getting hired. That’s way better than 2 years! We have had 30 in the last two months and counting. You can call and verify airlines and names if you wish. Our management gets us to the airlines fast. That’s number one in my book, not the make believe posts with people who just admitted they have grudges or have never taken a class at the school.

The reason he keeps using the phrase,"we have had 30 instructors hired in the last 2 months," is that is there newest marketing "Phrase." The last one was "Don't make the $250,000 mistake, THE TARVER REPORT." Written by a lady who worked as a secretary for an airline and sang the same ole song and dance, Its all about seniority numbers. NO ---- sherlock. Same mumbo jumbo spewed by Conair, we hire 98% of our students*.
*based on ...... you know the rest.The students that haven't seen the light yet always repeat what the salesman said, cause thats all they know.
grin.gif

E7B you speak like administration not a student. Like if anyone would call and ask the names and airlines of where these instructors have gone administration would say. NO! Hay, does everyone know that Pan Am has had exactly 30 instructors in the last two months get hired by airlines? It’s true; E7B says so, in every post. What a TOOL!

E7B is full of it unless he can prove 30 instructors have left in the last two months. If E7B can't give the names then atleast give us the numbers for the phoenix campus and for the florida campus.

You just don't get it do ya E7Moron. What the hell does class have to do with you getting shut down by your students and instructors? You keep bringing up class. You remind me of the guy who talks about his 9"---- but really has 3. Do you even know the definition of class? I am not talking about the special ED classes you attended in school. It has nothing to do with free speech. I applaud these current and former Pan-Am students for getting on here to possibly save some new soul from making a mistake. I know I haven't attended Pan-Am guy's but that is because some red flags were thrown way up into the air during the used car salesman tour I recieved out in Phoenix. I only posted my question "Why do people attend Pan-Am" because I haven't yet met ONE person who has said they were treated fairly at Pan-Am and I hear about it everyday from a different student/IP.

As for you E7Moron, get a clue. Go buy one if you have to. Like I said, I hope your instructors are getting hired. Hell, I hope we all get hired, but lets at least be honest about what we post. Your own students as well as a few of my friends at P.A. Phoenix have all said that 30 hired is BS. Remember, the longer you drag on this losing battle of yours, the more replies will be posted in my defense from your own students. This only gives more potential Pan-Am students an opportunity to see the truth. Keep it up. Your doing a great job
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Our management gets us to the airlines fast

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess if you want to debate that I can accommodate your request. A student at FSA can finish the CIME program at around 250 hours. Then interview and complete 66 hours of training for ASA and fly an RJ at 316 hours. Is that fast enough for you? Lets see, CIME ($45k) + ASA program ($25k) equals $70K. Not bad if that is the route you wish take and are proficient enough to complete it. Pan-Am will suck their students dry of a hell of alot more $ than that and they will not get near the quality of training that is provided at FSA and in the ASA program. Do not even try to compare your CRJ FTD to our full motion level D. The ASA program has been proven to be the most thorough program to prepare someone to fly the RJ with such low time. ASA has said themselves that our students who go thru the program do exceptionally well thru indoc in Atlanta. I think it is time for you to get back on the short bus... ILS

When I was a student at Pan Am, the max amount one could borrow was $80-students would borrow the full amount. After I left I found out that the amount one could borrow through Key Bank was now $100k. The reason being is that a student could expect to spend $100k to finish all training and have some money to live off of to attend Pan Am. I hear of students that don’t even blink an eye to borrow $100k to finish all of their ratings-from start to finish at this school is a lot of money!

E7B is a tool! HA! He probably loves Carson Daly! Sorry, I can't help myself. This guy really annoys me.

Hi, my name is E7B. I want to tell you something. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Oh yeah and another about class, blah blah blah. Blah. Uh, blah.

one of many reasons i myself left was that instructors while i was a student had trouble getting students and as i was finishing comm. MEL there were close to like 40 new instructors graduating. things just weren't adding up in that area, and it had me concerned to say the least. so if you're saying you start to instruct immediatly after graduating i'd have to disagree with you from my experiences. i wish i could just put things behind me but when i hear someone basically candy coating the truth it really bothers me. why can't you just say how things are really truthfully going and defend things based on that? manipulating the truth, even a little discredits what you have to say. its an endless circle back to inferiority if you can't be truthful to potential, and former students. if you could just be honest i know i would at least be somewhat willing to defend what you have to say. the school really could be great, i still believe that, but not with someone trying to defend it like you do. at least the Turk is honest, even if some want to disbelieve he is actually having a pretty good experience. i think personally think he has been more than honest with things he has been experiencing.

Here are a few examples of what a classy guy has to say:

-You just don't get it do ya E7Moron
-You remind me of the guy who talks about his 9"---- but really has 3
-I am not talking about the special ED classes you attended in school
-As for you E7Moron, get a clue

You’re not only classless, but also ridiculous and quite in dept of gaining any sort of respect. I especially enjoy this one:

-more replies will be posted in my defense from your own students

There are no Pan Am students posting here. Nothing that is being posted has anything to do with reality at Pan Am. It’s entertaining anyways how you guys waste your time in your land of make believe.

Find out the facts at 1-800-83-PILOT or www.panamacademy.com

*sniff* *sniff*

What's that I smell? Oh yeah....Pan Am marketing. Dude, it's obvious you're on the payroll....

Koombayah my lord...

Koombayahhhhh....

Koombayah my lord...

Koombayahhhh....

Oh lord... kombayahhhhhhhh

What's the deal with this guy. My fist is about to go through the computer. He's the little weiny kid that sits on the sidelines and complains how his tummy hurts and his mommy says he can't play rough. That's who E7B reminds me of.

This seems to happen to all the threds in this section. Things start off slow then escalate to a blazing inferno of panties on fire. Then the wise one comes in and throws a twist. This is entertaining, thanx Doug for the sarcasm.

Back