Why are pilots overweight?

Q: Why are pilots overweight?
A: Probably the same reason why everyone else is fat.

Ahh, my 22 year old metabolism..........how great you are.

[ QUOTE ]
Fat? How do you get fat? I eat EVERYTHING I can and I don't put on weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting... I eat an apple and gain five pounds!
tongue.gif

Seeing how Americans are getting larger, it shouldn't be a surprise that pilots are, too.

I'll bet you, though, that the obesity rate for pilots is lower than that of the population as a whole. You've got a significant number of ex-military types who have to pass physical tests and that kind of lifestyle tends to stay with you even after you leave the military.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats cause your freakin hot!!!!

Everett

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that has what to do with this thread??
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that has what to do with this thread??
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It has everything to do with this thread because he isn't fat...

Johnny Storm..."Flame on".

Everett

Everett....enough already. You're gay, we get it. If you're so uni-dimensional that your sexual preference is all you've got to show us, maybe you ought to rethink your aviation goals; I'm not alone when I say that NO ONE is going to want to fly a four-day with some dude who's got nothing else to say but a hundred variations of "I'm GAY!!!" (or "I'm STRAIGHT!!!", for that matter). We just don't care. We're here to talk about aviation, not sexual preference; the very least you can do is respect that. It's not like there aren't a million other places on the internet for you proclaim your gayness to a much more receptive audience.

[ QUOTE ]
your just dying for attention arent ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously folks Everett is a nice guy but yes he is an attention queen and enjoys getting reactions from people whether postive or negative.... I'm his roommate I should know. Whenever we go somewhere in public I always have to brief him on what I expect from him and what I won't tolerate.

He is really harmless if you don't react and give him the attention that he needs and craves he will just fade away...

Furthermore I would say not to judge all gay people the same because I am the complete and total opposite of him in everyway.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously folks Everett is a nice guy but yes he is an attention queen and enjoys getting reactions from people whether postive or negative

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from someone who proclaims his sexual preference in his alias?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm his roommate I should know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight...

[ QUOTE ]

Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha,ha,ha hardly.... Everett is the dramatic one I'm the mature, responsible one if anything he is ona couch not me he don't run me
tongue.gif

Ona side note we (Everett & I) only have one computer between the two of us at our apartment.

Can you have two seperate screen names from one computer on Jetcareers?

Or are you only allowed to have one screen name per computer?

Matthew

Sure you can. In fact, it would be less confusing if you two had separate aliases. Just make sure you click "Logout" at the top when you're done, and re-login with your own alias.

FL270

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Be careful what you ask for, my friend!!

When I was in my 20's I had a hell of a time gaining weight. Somewhere around my early 30's that ALLLLLLL changed.

Now I can't seem to STOP gaining weight.
tongue.gif

Back to being fat...I have actually never seen a severely over-weight airline pilot around. I always thought that most airlines had restrictions, so I was always pretty worried about my weight. I once was 270 (and mostly fat) but lost 55 pounds (but have since gained back about 15), but I guess I was wrong about restrictions of weight.

[ QUOTE ]
...I have actually never seen a severely over-weight airline pilot around.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the misfortune of seeing one last weekend. He was apparently dead-heading on SWA. I have no idea who he flew for, but he was still in uniform.

Not only was the man GROSSLY overweight, he obviously took little pride in his grooming.

His hair disheveled and was nowhere near "neat". His suit pants did not match his blazer. They were faded, wrinkled and obviously had not seen a dry cleaners in months.

His tie - a clip on - was hanging to one side from his unbuttoned shirt - which was wrinkled as hell (also understandible).

I understand that the gentleman was probably exhausted, but he was hardly the picture of the ideal employee I'd want for my airline....if I.... um... had one.
wink.gif

We had this one pilot at Eagle who used to sit around the crew lounge (thankfully he never went into the terminal like this) with the top two buttons on his shirt undone, clip-on tie clipped to an epaulette, no t-shirt under his uniform shirt, and icky tufts of chest hair sticking out the top by his chin. It was just the nastiest thing you'll ever see!

Back