Which one of you guys... (DL/F8 6227)

In the end, though, it's about dollars, right? Delta can talk about one level of service all they want, but when they farm out the flying to carriers like Freedom, you're going to lose quality control of your product.

You hit the nail right on the head. I'm not usually a Mesa basher, but dirty beat up airplanes are very common in their system.

Kell, I know how you feel about the service thing. Even when I'm pissed off at my company, I still can't get out of my "customer service habit." Its really bad for FO's who desperately want overs. I'm so used to operating efficiently with our branded service, I can't get overs. Contract negotiations are going to suck...

Matt and Steve, you guys need to get over the "customer first" attitude and join the ranks of disgruntled airline pilots that just ignore the people in the back (see Dough's example above).

Those guys do wonderful things for my job security.
TFR3D.gif

Matt and Steve, you guys need to get over the "customer first" attitude and join the ranks of disgruntled airline pilots that just ignore the people in the back (see Dough's example above).

Those guys do wonderful things for my job security.
TFR3D.gif

Huh. I just put in an app with jetBlue. ;)

Yes, and many of them did.

I hate to say it, but I actually felt embarassed. We have this "one level of service" thing going on when you're not supposed to say "Welcome aboard XXX connection flight XXXX" it's "You're aboard (mainline carrier) flight XXX" and I swear the FBO that I instructed at probably could have done a better job.

It was bad. The flight attendant seemed to understand how bad it was, but the cockpit seemed not to give a crap.

At worst, at least take care of your passengers.

Needless to say it was an eye opening flight.

DLnet, on the main page I believe is the non-rev review and comment page link. Write it up. If it's not documented, company can't hold the DCIs feet to the fire.

DLnet, on the main page I believe is the non-rev review and comment page link. Write it up. If it's not documented, company can't hold the DCIs feet to the fire.

The company won't, or can't (I'm not sure which) hold Freedom's feet to the fire. When they tried to terminate the contract, Freedom sued to keep it in place, saying that terminating it is a breach of contract.

The company won't, or can't (I'm not sure which) hold Freedom's feet to the fire. When they tried to terminate the contract, Freedom sued to keep it in place, saying that terminating it is a breach of contract.

I'd like to see the DCA (Delta Connection Agreement) Freedom signed. Hell, I'd like to see the one PINNACLE signed, but it's probably locked away in an ivory tower not suitable for the plebs. There may possibly be clauses in there saying that if the contract carrier doesn't meet certain expectations, then the contract is subject to termination. I know if I were a mainline carrier, I'd want some kind of out similar to that before I locked myself into a multi-year deal with a carrier that could seriously tarnish the reputation. Then again, I didn't write the agreements.....

I'd like to see the DCA (Delta Connection Agreement) Freedom signed. Hell, I'd like to see the one PINNACLE signed, but it's probably locked away in an ivory tower not suitable for the plebs. There may possibly be clauses in there saying that if the contract carrier doesn't meet certain expectations, then the contract is subject to termination. I know if I were a mainline carrier, I'd want some kind of out similar to that before I locked myself into a multi-year deal with a carrier that could seriously tarnish the reputation. Then again, I didn't write the agreements.....

After speaking with the CP office, there is indeed minimum customer service benchmarks which must be met, otherwise DL can get out of the contracts. Every morning, there is a meeting of all the DCIs and Delta and all service failures have to be explained.

Yes, and many of them did.

I hate to say it, but I actually felt embarassed. We have this "one level of service" thing going on when you're not supposed to say "Welcome aboard XXX connection flight XXXX" it's "You're aboard (mainline carrier) flight XXX" and I swear the FBO that I instructed at probably could have done a better job.

It was bad. The flight attendant seemed to understand how bad it was, but the cockpit seemed not to give a crap.

At worst, at least take care of your passengers.

Needless to say it was an eye opening flight.

I could very well have missed something, but we're supposed to say "delta connection flight blah blah blah". We just can't say ASA

Freedom is about to be fired. They're still operating because they cried to the courts about it and they handed them an injunction. But once the court case is played out I think you'll see Mesa shown the door.

Freedom is about to be fired. They're still operating because they cried to the courts about it and they handed them an injunction. But once the court case is played out I think you'll see Mesa shown the door.

No kidding? ASA is about to be tossed to the streets too. The big D is not happy with their -700 pilots, and once they all stop crying ASA is out for good.

No kidding? ASA is about to be tossed to the streets too. The big D is not happy with their -700 pilots, and once they all stop crying ASA is out for good.

Nothing personal against you and other F8 pilots. Its just business.

omg. Flight too full pulling off bags and revenue passengers because of alternate fuel. 10 past departure and not a word to the cabin about the delay.

Holy cow no wonder why business aviation is flourishing.

You should have just given it up and come across the river. We'll hook you up to ORF, mang. XJT, works good, lasts long time (except for anything other than COEX flying :rolleyes::()

Flight is oversold and looking for volunteers. I guess a full-fare ticket doesn't mean jack these days, doh!

Last time I was on a embraer was 2001.

Holy cow. When did the airlines start doing the "clean it yourself" concept for passengers?

I guess perhaps the stomped cheetos and used napkins are a perk?

Nice speedtape on the broken overheads too.

The guys upfront don't get paid enough to care what the cabin looks like or your desire for an explanation on the delay.

The guys upfront don't get paid enough to care what the cabin looks like or your desire for an explanation on the delay.

It is not the passengers fault that JO treats the Mesa pilots like his concubine. Passengers do not set your pay rates, establish your work rules or screw with your schedule and most importantly it wasn't the passengers that made the decision to work there. Passengers don't even know they are flying Mesa until they show up - they wanted to fly Delta.

The guys upfront don't get paid enough to care what the cabinway to looks like or your desire for an explanation on the delay.

Exactly the reason that if it says "Delta" on the side, it should be flown by real Delta pilots, regardless of size. No offense to anyone, but the only way to to truly control the quality of service is to have direct control over the employees,

Back