Which one of you guys... (DL/F8 6227)

Yeah, they were America West -900s pre-merger. Used to work ground service for the one that did PHX-MEM-PHX back when I was a ramper at XJT. Pretty sure the Airways -900s are still in the 86 seat config, or did they change that after the merger?
Still 86 thanks to Dougie Parker.:rolleyes:

Yeah, they were America West -900s pre-merger. Used to work ground service for the one that did PHX-MEM-PHX back when I was a ramper at XJT. Pretty sure the Airways -900s are still in the 86 seat config, or did they change that after the merger?

Still 86 seats and still have the American West interior.

Still 86 seats and still have the American West interior.
That's because Airways paid for the paint jobs and JO doesn't want to have to pay to upgrade the interiors. A paint job is easy to pay for; the interior mod isn't. You have to go to the seat vendors to manufacture a new color code. Then you have to go to C&D Zodiac to get new interior panels and lav doors made with the new color code. New carpet is a must as well a floor mats for the lavs and galley. I know United was on JO's butt about cabin cleanliness and mx upkeep, but I think they gave up after a while.:rolleyes:

That's because Airways paid for the paint jobs and JO doesn't want to have to pay to upgrade the interiors. A paint job is easy to pay for; the interior mod isn't. You have to go to the seat vendors to manufacture a new color code. Then you have to go to C&D Zodiac to get new interior panels and lav doors made with the new color code. New carpet is a must as well a floor mats for the lavs and galley. I know United was on JO's butt about cabin cleanliness and mx upkeep, but I think they gave up after a while.:rolleyes:

I think I see how Delta might be able to get out of the contract, assuming they put something in the agreement between themselves and Mesa on cabin cleanliness.

In my company's defense, we don't really have any ground personnel in JFK/CVG as far as I know. We have to rely usually on competitors to perform that function for us during the day and after the last flight of the day and they're noticably less than thrilled.

In my company's defense, we don't really have any ground personnel in JFK/CVG as far as I know. We have to rely usually on competitors to perform that function for us during the day and after the last flight of the day and they're noticably less than thrilled.

Two of our hubs' ground service is staffed by competing regional ground crews. I feel your pain.

Same here in Dulles except it's done by Air Wisconsin ground service. (For our UA Express planes)

No UAL is still concered about cabin cleanliness. Now we have a cabin crew cleaning crew (Contract) at Dulles. Soon they will be cleaning up all of MESA's UA Express planes that stay in Dulles over night. And now our leads have to make sure they are complied with.

In JFK the ground handling is all mainline(baggage and push crew). Contract companies do the fueling/beverages/etc. As far as cleaning the aircraft it is up to the FA and the cockpit crew(if they feel like it). The only place where we have people come clean the plane is ORD.

In JFK the ground handling is all mainline(baggage and push crew). Contract companies do the fueling/beverages/etc. As far as cleaning the aircraft it is up to the FA and the cockpit crew(if they feel like it). The only place where we have people come clean the plane is ORD.
If it's CVG or a Comair station, they clean the aircraft at night. There's a dedicated CS crew here in CVG that does that.

Two of our hubs' ground service is staffed by competing regional ground crews. I feel your pain.

Yup...going into Comair stations sucks.

And from what I've heard VPS is an absolute mess since they pushed us out and put Mesaba in place. We had some people who had been there for a long time and really did a great job. They offered to let them stay for something like $8 an hour, so of course they didn't. Now its 99% new people. Yet despite being new they certainly know the delay code for "late completion of crew checklist" so they can try to blame it on us.

And from what I've heard VPS is an absolute mess since they pushed us out and put Mesaba in place. We had some people who had been there for a long time and really did a great job. They offered to let them stay for something like $8 an hour, so of course they didn't. Now its 99% new people. Yet despite being new they certainly know the delay code for "late completion of crew checklist" so they can try to blame it on us.

That delay code is such a load of bull.

That delay code is such a load of bull.

Yup, out of everybody (flight attendants, rampers, gate agents, etc) we're usually the ones done getting ready and end up staring blankly out the window while we wait for everybody else...which at point in time we can actually START our engine start to the line checklist.

I'm sorry to hear that.:( When I was Comair CS in MCO we did what ever we could for everyone even Freedom. I actually had more fun working with the Chautauqua crews than our own. Most of the Comair crews were MCO based and very senior, so they were very by the book and had a very dry sense of humor.

I'm sorry to hear that.:( When I was Comair CS in MCO we did what ever we could for everyone even Freedom. I actually had more fun working with the Chautauqua crews than our own. Most of the Comair crews were MCO based and very senior, so they were very by the book and had a very dry sense of humor.

The MCO ground crew when I was in there (2002-2004) was awesome. I was always very appreciative of the great service.

They're not ALL bad. I guess I just have a bad taste in my mouth from when I had to divert to CAK form PIT because of weather. We weren't CAT II certified because something was broken so we were gonna be there for a while. We asked to deplane and they said no, then came onto the plane to make a PA stating the same where they proceeded to yell at our passengers. Was classy.

They're not ALL bad. I guess I just have a bad taste in my mouth from when I had to divert to CAK form PIT because of weather. We weren't CAT II certified because something was broken so we were gonna be there for a while. We asked to deplane and they said no, then came onto the plane to make a PA stating the same where they proceeded to yell at our passengers. Was classy.
Were you the FO? Man, if I was a CA and heard that I would have dragged that guy off into the jetbridge/ramp with the quickness for a private chat on how that was unacceptable.

Back