Which one of you guys... (DL/F8 6227)

Most of our outstations are SKYW and actually they're really good, primarily because you get to know each of the rampers fairly well. The only problems I can remember was a couple of times where they wouldn't send a JS up because they anticipated weight problems and didn't want to take any kind of delay. But they don't do that much anymore.

Almost all of us on the Dash have the philosophy of "leave no man behind", even if we have to go and take 6 carry on's out of the cargo compartment and find space for them in the overheads.

...even if we have to go and take 6 carry on's out of the cargo compartment and find space for them in the overheads.

How does that help out? Bring W&B into the envelope somehow? Or is it a paperwork weight issue - i.e. bags in the cargo hold count as X pounds each while the ones in the cabin are included in the per pax weight figure?

Paperwork issue. In the cargo compartment a bag counts as 30 pounds regardless, if it is brought into the cabin it counts as 0 pounds because it is included in the 190/195lbs passenger + pax carry on weight.

Paperwork issue. In the cargo compartment a bag counts as 30 pounds regardless, if it is brought into the cabin it counts as 0 pounds because it is included in the 190/195lbs passenger + pax carry on weight.

Indeed, and that seems pretty standard. For the most part, I'd say part 121 weight and balance is somewhere between an outright lie and an all out fabrication.

Indeed, and that seems pretty standard. For the most part, I'd say part 121 weight and balance is somewhere between an outright lie and an all out fabrication.

We're only getting one bag of ice for W&B issues now to offset the cookies, peanuts and extra liquor we're getting as part of the Delta flying. Well, I guess having my laptop bag up in the flight deck is gonna kill us if we have to dump that extra bag of ice.

They're not ALL bad. I guess I just have a bad taste in my mouth from when I had to divert to CAK form PIT because of weather. We weren't CAT II certified because something was broken so we were gonna be there for a while. We asked to deplane and they said no, then came onto the plane to make a PA stating the same where they proceeded to yell at our passengers. Was classy.
How long ago was that? If it was recently we might be able to remedy that.

Back