Which one of you guys... (DL/F8 6227)

omg. Flight too full pulling off bags and revenue passengers because of alternate fuel. 10 past departure and not a word to the cabin about the delay.

Holy cow no wonder why business aviation is flourishing.

are you in the jumpseat typing this while the CA is silently cussing the pax?:D

Max, you don't know that F8 doesn't fly CRJ's? Jeez..

Lol, sorry. I gave my crown to coa787. Now ask me what a somatoform or somatization disorder is. And I can tell you, it's what I've been immersed in as of late..

Edit: Wait, just checked. They fly EMB145's. I know a really, really cute EMB captain who flies for F8!

Holy cow. When did the airlines start doing the "clean it yourself" concept for passengers?

I guess perhaps the stomped cheetos and used napkins are a perk?

Nice speedtape on the broken overheads too.
Hehehehe! Hey Jonny's gotta pay the pilots BOB now, so the money has to come out of another departments pockets!;) Seriously, that's MAG maintenance for you!:rolleyes: They don't have what they need to fix all the MEL'd crap, so you do combat fix and extend the MEL as long as possible.

Guess what Doug... Those are YOUR Delta customers too. Some may have just walked off an ER from CDG and onto that same airplane. Disgusting, isn't it?

The industry is in a world of hurt.

And why does it feel like the fall of Saigon over here? Man I've been out of the loop!

Let me guess.

This was at gate 25.

It was my first time connecting through JFK a few days ago. I can't believe how much of a circus it was. That gate 25 has almost every letter in the second half of the alphabet coming out of it, I think. The Comair captain who was jumpseating home was saying it is quite a bit nicer now that they have at least put the plexiglass up on the walkway leading around the ramp. The passengers that did not speak English were totally lost and I felt bad for them. I almost missed my flight because the first boarding announcement they made was "final boarding, your airplane is ready for departure." Then we sat from 7PM (departure time) to 8PM in that parking spot awaiting clearance to push.

That terminal is not exactly the way to treat anyone who has come off a flight in business class and shelled out big bucks.

Guess what Doug... Those are YOUR Delta customers too. Some may have just walked off an ER from CDG and onto that same airplane. Disgusting, isn't it?

The industry is in a world of hurt.

Yes, and many of them did.

I hate to say it, but I actually felt embarassed. We have this "one level of service" thing going on when you're not supposed to say "Welcome aboard XXX connection flight XXXX" it's "You're aboard (mainline carrier) flight XXX" and I swear the FBO that I instructed at probably could have done a better job.

It was bad. The flight attendant seemed to understand how bad it was, but the cockpit seemed not to give a crap.

At worst, at least take care of your passengers.

Needless to say it was an eye opening flight.

Holy cow. When did the airlines start doing the "clean it yourself" concept for passengers?

I guess perhaps the stomped cheetos and used napkins are a perk?

Nice speedtape on the broken overheads too.

Remember, that airline is representing YOUR airline. As far as the folks in the back are concerned, they're on a Delta flight, not a Freedom flight.

Consider that ExpressJet was providing a good product for your customers, but was too expensive and had their lift cut.

So instead, you get speed tape.

omg. Flight too full pulling off bags and revenue passengers because of alternate fuel. 10 past departure and not a word to the cabin about the delay.

Holy cow no wonder why business aviation is flourishing.

ExpressJet also had a bunch of wonderful EMB-145XR's and -145-LR2's that didn't have weight restrictions very often.

Color me frustrated when I hear about this kind of stuff, as when that Delta lift got pulled, I got furloughed. It's frustrating hearing that the level of service the low ball carrier is providing is horrible, when the airline I used to work for provided excellent service for whoever the lift was for.

In the end, though, it's about dollars, right? Delta can talk about one level of service all they want, but when they farm out the flying to carriers like Freedom, you're going to lose quality control of your product.

In the end, though, it's about dollars, right? Delta can talk about one level of service all they want, but when they farm out the flying to carriers like Freedom, you're going to lose quality control of your product.

Is this Freedom 1 or Freedom 2?

I hate to say it, but I actually felt embarassed. We have this "one level of service" thing going on when you're not supposed to say "Welcome aboard XXX connection flight XXXX" it's "You're aboard (mainline carrier) flight XXX" and I swear the FBO that I instructed at probably could have done a better job.

If you're talking about the PAs from the crews instead of the gate agents, then they need to get that info out to the contract lift providers. We're being told to say "Delta CONNECTION." I'm in a catch 22 on a daily basis it seems. One the one hand, we're in contract negotiations, so I'm trying to put pressure on the company to actually bargain rather than just showing up to the negotiating table and staring at the ceiling. On the other hand, I have this high level of customer service that's been beaten into my skull since the mid-90s (thanks Disney), and I can't just let the wheels fall off. I've been accused of doing too much by my fellow pilots, actually. Sad thing is, I'm not doing anything outside of my job scope most of the time. At best "too much" would be prodding other departments to do their job so we can get the passengers from point A to point B in a timely manner, AKA what they paid for.

I could probably write a paper on the one MX issue I had on an out and back yesterday that turned into an all day thing including a divert.....

Back