What's Your Favorite Airline?

Joshua949

What\'s Your Favorite Airline?

I'm not really sure if this has came up as a topic on this forum before or not. The question is, what is your fav. airline? It can be one that is still in operations now or one that is out of business...feel free to list as many as you want...but for me:

American Airlines is the best b/c : 1.) i fly them all the time
2.) excellent service...depends on the amount of time of the trip...also, i love the livery & aircraft i fly on...
smile.gif

Re: What\'s Your Favorite Airline?

U.S Airways up till they stopped serving cyxu..... now I would have to go with Northwest.

My favorite had to have been Western Pacific. They existed in the mid 90s and flew a fleet entirely of 737s. Their fares were low, by far the lowest of any airline I've ever flown. Colorado Springs was their hub, and it was run very much unlike any other airline at the time. The flight attendents didn't wear any fancy clothes or anything like that, they just had shorts and polo shorts. They did everything they could to entertain passengers, playing games such as "guess the flight attendent's age" and other spontaneous stuff.

They went down under after they tried to move their hub to Denver and go toe-to-toe with United and Frontier.
frown.gif

I like United, they have a cool paint scheme, nice theme music, cool fleet, including jumbos, only US airline to fly to Australia, big hubs, nice lounges, nice inflight magizine and was the largest airline in the world until AA bought out TWA.

Cons, management got a little overconfident in the 90's, hence their current problems, hopefully they'll pull through though.

Qantas probably deserves a mention, they'd be a great airline to work for, lots of 744 international routes and fat pay checks but they also have expensive fares, but they get away with it cause they almost have a monopoly here. How many airlines give you free slippers, earplugs, eyeshade and a tolietry bag with toothbrush, floss etc etc on international flights? (and yes we're talking economy class here!)

"Anything but AA"

Anyway my favorite airline or rather airlines are TWA and Northwest.

I flew AA recently and was very impressed. However, I had a not-so-good experience on Delta. Other than that, I think SWA and ATA are good too.

Anything that has jetliners and lets you fly on them is a good airline
wink.gif
, but if I had to chose an airline, I'd have to say Delta,
grin.gif
although when I once flew on U.S. Air they where pretty good, but they couldn't top Delta.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Anything that has jetliners and lets you fly on them is a good airline
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Along those same lines, I was going to say that my favorite airline is the first one that hires me.
tongue.gif

My favorite airline is Delta, because they hired me.

But I've always had a place in my heart for UAL beacause I'm a west coast native and they were the first ones to give me an airplane ride which got me interested in aviation.

I almost "jumped ship" back in 1998 because at the time, my pal was a 5 year A320 captain in SFO, one of my newhire classmates that left DAL for UAL spent 3 months as a 737FO and was in 777FO school -- and it looked like I was going to be a 727 FE for the rest of my career in ATL eating at Pascals in terminal A on reserve.

I wish those guys luck.

Northwest for me. I know a lot of people don't like NWA. The reason why I like it, it has been the only main service for us North Dakotans.

I like flying on United the best because you can listen to the pilots talk to ATC over headphones at any of the passenger seats.

of course in my first post i said i like AA...but i forgot to mention that i like or used to like...Midway Airlines...the second one...i really think their paint scheme...was like a attractive business like livery....

387596.jpg

357207.jpg

Alaska\Horizon. cause they serve lots of Montana. except that eskimo on the tail is ugly.

Southwest!!!!!

Isn't it funny that all of the other airlines try to compete with Southwest, and made fun of them....but now, in trying times, they try to duplicate Southwest??

"We're flying on Southwest??"

"Of Course!! All airlines are Southwest!!!!"

OK, maybe not, but it's funny.....well, I thought it was (I guess you have to know the movie.....ok, I'll shut up now).

southwest = grayhound on wheels... I will make fun of them for the rest of my life or at least until they hire me.

Back