What's Your Favorite Airline?

Re: What\'s Your Favorite Airline?

My favorite airline
confused.gif
.... ????? They all suck to me these days... a C-172 from my flight club has more leg-room, reliable, and is always on time! So, my favorite airline is " the C-172 Airlines" i fly myself
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone notice the new fashion of wearing your ticket, ticket jacket and ID in that goofy neck lanyard? It's funny watching people walk down the terminal with their license/ticket swinging around their necks like it's a backstage pass for "Tesla" or something!

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! Those always seem to be the anal passengers who check in at the gate like 4 million times a trip and never stray too far from the gate just in case something happens to the flight. At least they are all squared away and dont take too much time boarding!

From a customer point of view, I pick based on price and that is it. I usually check Orbitz or Hotwire and get the cheapest fare I can.

BUT, if I were to pick a favorite, it would have to be United (ONLY because you can listen to ATC on channel 8 or 9). It really makes any pilot down here below 10,000 feet feel better when a Captain or F/O misses a radio call or screws up a readback.

[ QUOTE ]
And even worse, when a SWA frequent flier hops on an airline like Delta, we've had problems where the passenger will plop down in first class with the "But I was here first!"-excuse to the flight attendant when asked to move to their assigned seat. Hello! First class isn't a prize for people who checked in 38 hours early to get a good seat for a 35 minute flight from LAX to LAS!

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened to me on one of my flights. For some reason, I was moved into the first class cabin, and then someone comes and sits down next to me. I didn't think anything of it, until someone else came and said, hey, that's my seat. Well, the woman said, no it's not, I got here first. I looked at her funny and said, what does your boarding pass say, and she said something like 24D. I said, well, then, that's your seat.

She looked at me and said, oh, you mean they assign seats on this airline, and the entire first class cabin had to bite their tongues to hold back the laughter as I said yes.

The flight attendant working the first class cabin said that she was glad I said something because she wasn't sure she would have been able to keep from laughing.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone notice the new fashion of wearing your ticket, ticket jacket and ID in that goofy neck lanyard? It's funny watching people walk down the terminal with their license/ticket swinging around their necks like it's a backstage pass for "Tesla" or something!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go over on to some very pilot unfriendly frequent flyer boards, you'll find they're debating the best one of those. I personally think it's ridiculous but hey, I also think worrying about whether or not you'll get an upgrade on your $200 ticket from DC to LA is ridiculous, too.

I go there to get a good laugh from time to time. They were talking about paying pilots based on their accident rate -- the lower, the better -- and they really thought it would work.

1. SAS
2. US Air (had great service on an A330 to Rome)
3. Jet Blue
4. People's Express (sentimental fav)
5. Horizon

So I should be a zillionaire!

I think the anti-pilot attitude is our own fault. We don't have the "cajones" to tell the average passenger that the only thing saving them from certain death and a smooth landing is...a pilot!

You know, "safer than driving" or "just like riding a bike" -- not REALLY!

I was at a party last weekend and I let the cat out of the bag, "Yeah, you know, you're closer to death more often than you may realize and pilots are the ones that accept that responsiblity, keep it from happening and get you there safely. You're safe because we're professionals and we're able to leave everything behind, focus and ensure your safety".

Yikes!

You should have seen the shocked looks!
smile.gif

Just like riding a bike. Thats a good one it didnit feel like riding a bike in my inst. check ride.

[ QUOTE ]
I like to fly SWA, but my biggest beef are the passengers.

I've seen people push and shove each other to jockey for position in the "A"/"B"/"C" boarding areas to the point where I thought there was going to be a fist fight. I got a boarding priority "A" once while checking in and the lady right behind me almost lost her mind when she got a "B". In the old days, I'd have just given her my damned boarding card to keep the peace, but the tickets are printed differently these days.

Some people get on the jet, sit in the aisle and then put their lunch/bag/purse in the window and middle seat so no one sits in the row. When the door closes and aircraft pushes back, they'll move their items and they've got a row to themselves.

And even worse, when a SWA frequent flier hops on an airline like Delta, we've had problems where the passenger will plop down in first class with the "But I was here first!"-excuse to the flight attendant when asked to move to their assigned seat. Hello! First class isn't a prize for people who checked in 38 hours early to get a good seat for a 35 minute flight from LAX to LAS!

[/ QUOTE ]

So long as I get my aft-facing seat on SWA, I'm happy.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have paid money to witness that conversation.

It really ticks people off when I tell them the mayor of QUEEN CREEK just got a pay raise to 120k (with an option for 150k in a year or so) and all she has to do is essentially show up because a Mayor, by the very way our political system is designed, has very little direct decision making powers or responsibility. Yet, when it comes to pilots people expect on-time, safe, reliable performace (which can involve hundreds of decisions in a very short time span) and think that to command a pressurized tube flying at 85-90% the speed of sound several miles above the earth's surface and then land it on a 150-foot wide, two-mile long strip of concrete at 150mph - and then half the time not be able to see that strip of concrete until you're only several hundred feet above it - is something that should be done for minimum wage.

There is only one constant in the universe:

People are •ing stupid.

[ QUOTE ]

People are •ing stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually use the A-word....but AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have paid money to witness that conversation.

It really ticks people off when I tell them the mayor of QUEEN CREEK just got a pay raise to 120k (with an option for 150k in a year or so) and all she has to do is essentially show up because a Mayor, by the very way our political system is designed, has very little direct decision making powers or responsibility. Yet, when it comes to pilots people expect on-time, safe, reliable performace (which can involve hundreds of decisions in a very short time span) and think that to command a pressurized tube flying at 85-90% the speed of sound several miles above the earth's surface and then land it on a 150-foot wide, two-mile long strip of concrete at 150mph - and then half the time not be able to see that strip of concrete until you're only several hundred feet above it - is something that should be done for minimum wage.

People are •ing stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm moving to a new home just south of Queen Creek on Hunt Highway. There's not 120K worth of work for anyone in Queen Creek to do anyway.

For me it's Northwest, runner-ups are, US Airways, and Delta. All three are great airlines, nice service, clean planes (sometimes, hehe), AWESOME routes.

I'm not too picky and like anybody with safe aircraft and competent ilots EXCEPT SWA. SWA's open seat policy sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
People are •ing stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt!

The average Joe thinks that if I work for $25,000 per year, that they're going to be able to fly from PHX to MIA for $89/friends fly free.

If it weren't for those pesky pilots (who amount to about 80 to 120 cents per ticket) America would enjoy a first class LAX to BOS ticket for $22.50!

[ QUOTE ]
But I've always had a place in my heart for UAL beacause I'm a west coast native and they were the first ones to give me an airplane ride which got me interested in aviation.
I almost "jumped ship" back in 1998 because at the time, my pal was a 5 year A320 captain in SFO, one of my newhire classmates that left DAL for UAL spent 3 months as a 737FO and was in 777FO school -- and it looked like I was going to be a 727 FE for the rest of my career in ATL eating at Pascals in terminal A on reserve.
I wish those guys luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

UAL baby, even with the hardships. Thanks for the kind words Doug and nice site you have here. As one of the 2 year Captains from 2000, we were all damn lucky to get that with so little seniority. Within the next few months, all of us will either be 320/737 F/Os or looking for work by next summer. The co. is talking around 700 more furloughs over 10-12 mos. which will bring the seniority list down to around 6900 with 2300 on the street. Hopefully we can get them back, along with the other guys on boards like this who've always wanted to work for the majors. Keep up the good work!

I'm going to say US Airways. Not too bad service and I always see them flying over my house.

Back