What's the plan, you ask?

I like the way you think. We would have fun in Vegas.

If we cannot get NJC changed to coincide with the AVN awards perhaps we can have an official "JC AVN Award M&G" for next years festivities.

Think of it like Sun N Fun. It is like the off-season Oshkosh now. EAA is big enough to have two massive fly-ins. I think JC is big enough to have two massive events. One event being NJC - networking, fellowship, etc. The other event being "JC AVN Award M&G" that is primarily devoted to binge drinking, gambling and promiscuous sex.

I am WacoFan, and I approve this message.

If we cannot get NJC changed to coincide with the AVN awards perhaps we can have an official "JC AVN Award M&G" for next years festivities.

Think of it like Sun N Fun. It is like the off-season Oshkosh now. EAA is big enough to have two massive fly-ins. I think JC is big enough to have two massive events. One event being NJC - networking, fellowship, etc. The other event being "JC AVN Award M&G" that is primarily devoted to binge drinking, gambling and promiscuous sex.

I propose that we hold NJC at oshkosh.

I'm down. Let me know if you need planning help.

My sis-in-law used to work at Playboy TV. She might have connections.

I'd like to suggest an activity:

http://www.vegasindoorskydiving.com

Right there on the strip, for the those suitably adventurous.

new-web1.jpg

For those even braver, I'm exploring the options for an actual skydiving event.

Thoughts, everyone?

Charlie, if you can find us a place with a good reputation, I would LOVE to go sky diving. (assuming I have the funds in place) but put me down as a "definite probably" :)

Charlie, if you can find us a place with a good reputation, I would LOVE to go sky diving. (assuming I have the funds in place) but put me down as a "definite probably" :)

Ya see, this is the hard part. I know it won't be all that cheap, but I could probably talk them into a group rate.

Even if I did, I know half the people would bail last minute. Especially if it were an AM event. (I missed ALL of my AM events my first year. Sorry Mike!)

So.. er.. if we DID do this, and I DID organize it, there would have to be pre-paid nonrefundable deposits. I'm not going to ask Doug to let me stick the JC name to a project with industry colleagues and then flake on them.

SO, er, maybe we get a poll going, and see what we can do?

I will watch y'all sky dive.

It is not a natural thing for a pilot to sky dive I wouldn't think. Akin to a scuba diver practicing how to drown. No thanks!

I will watch y'all sky dive.

It is not a natural thing for a pilot to sky dive I wouldn't think. Akin to a scuba diver practicing how to drown. No thanks!

"If riding in a plane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. Get out and fly!"

- U.S. Air Force Academy mural

Ya see, this is the hard part. I know it won't be all that cheap, but I could probably talk them into a group rate.

Whoa, wait! I would have to pay THEM for me to skydive?
They should pay ME to jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane!

Even better: Skydiving out of a hot air balloon.

Back