What would YOU do?

Did they at least pay off the credit card so you can close it and not have that following you?

I paid the credit card off. And I was never reimbursed for over 500 dollars in hotel reservations that were made by SOC, and were never cancelled.

Call it done and GTFO. This wasn't the worst thing that I had experienced. I got a great job and I can call it a victory. It's funny I am at training and I keep seeing XOJET guys at the training center.

Most of the guys that work at XO are great but about a dozen of mostly senior guys are real haters. Someone started a rumor when I left to see how much people talked about me behind my back. It took less than a day for the rumor to get back to him from someone else. The lesson is stay way from this place. Far far away. I'd hate to see what happened to me happen to another young person trying to get their career off the ground.

I think it is pretty sad and pathetic that 65+ year old men have to take pleasure in trying to ruin a young guys career by hating and starting rumors. These guys made up rumors about me and when I confronted lied to my face and backed down like cowardly little girls. These will be the guys you will be swinging gear for. Oh yeah also cleaning and loading bags for every single leg because they wont help you at all.

You got another flying job? Hopefully your passengers tip.

37850392.jpg

When I tried to go there, I had (still have) two referrals and never received a call. Neither one of them had nice things to say about the company either...

Amy? Is that you?

But seriously, sorry you had a bad experience. From people I've talked to it seems to get hired you need a referral that had flown with you. Is that true?

Yeah but with the airlines hiring why go to a place like this? They constantly change the rules of the game. For example reserve captains were supposed to upgrade based on date of hire. Now it is date of hire and "merit" which in my opinion is just gives the option to the company to pick on certain people they don't like. There are many other rule changes that occur overnight.

I'd do my best to get hired on by an airline with a seniority system and a union. I used to not believe in these things but my 3 years at XOJET changed all that.

When I tried to go there, I had (still have) two referrals and never received a call. Neither one of them had nice things to say about the company either...

After reading what I have been through why would you go? If you really want to fly a X just wait a couple of years for XO to go out of business and fly for someone that picks of the pieces.

After reading what I have been through why would you go? If you really want to fly a X just wait a couple of years for XO to go out of business and fly for someone that picks of the pieces.
Here's another issue not brought up earlier. If your name is on a company card, NOTHING prevents them from charging to it.

So, in the world of Silver State Helicopters, As a XOJet CEO, I can cash advance/max out every card in the inventory and file bankruptcy the next day. The money will be tied up in court or lost in someone"s "bonus package" forever!
This is just plain bad business....glad you're out @BEEF SUPREME

The Air Force does this with our credit cards. After years of allowing Gen X's to run up their travel cards with useless purchases and not paying the bills on time, the AF decided to put it all on us. It took a long time to transition but it ended up being our name and our credit. We are required to have it to travel and are required to follow AF regulations, but it is ultimately our responsibility. The one big complaint I have is that I was depending on an additional human, who didn't have personal accountability to me, to make some key strokes and send me the travel voucher payment so I could pay my travel credit card bill. A bill that the AF is supposed to pay but turned it into a reimbursement process with multiple deadlines, all of which are crucial to ME.
HOWEVER, if the AF charged MY official travel card and gave me the finger- GAME OVER. It's Inspector General time.
BEEFSUPREME, if you really believe that you have been wronged, a crime has to have been committed. If that's not the case, then it appears hindsight is 20/20 and that's all there is to it.

The Army (DOD) did this same crap to us too. After the "system" caused me to be delinquent on my payment on more than one occassion, I got pissed...then I got engaged.
One letter sent to the finance office requesting exclusion from this policy is all it takes. With the letter, I included proof of their delay in payment. I was granted a waiver from the DOD Travel Card requirement. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be but I guess they had so many complaints about timely pay, they had to make this available to ALL service members.

Last edited:
Enough of you guys have browser extensions, spyware, malware and the ever-present security cluster-(blank) that is Facebook to make anything online secure.
Facebook yes, but spyware, malware, and untrustworthy browsers/browser extensions?

Sir, I challenge you to a duel!

Here's another issue not brought up earlier. If your name is on a company card, NOTHING prevents them from charging to it.

So, in the world of Silver State Helicopters, As a XOJet CEO, I can cash advance/max out every card in the inventory and file bankruptcy the next day. The money will be tied up in court or lost in someone"s "bonus package" forever!
This is just plain bad business....glad you're out @BEEF SUPREME

The Army (DOD) did this same crap to us too. After the "system" caused me to be delinquent on my payment on more than one occassion, I got pissed...then I got engaged.
One letter sent to the finance office requesting exclusion from this policy is all it takes. With the letter, I included proof of their delay in payment. I was granted a waiver from the DOD Travel Card requirement. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be but I guess they had so many complaints about timely pay, they had to make this available to ALL service members.

The way it was explained to me by my squadron was that we needed to play along with the program to remain "worldwide qualified", which is a requirement to be a crew chief here. That's the catch with individualism, here. They threaten any "non-participants" with dropping that qualification, which is fine as long as it doesn't result in any marks on my credit and they only require tasks of me that a reasonable squadron would expect. If any nonsense occurs, there's always the IG, but this travel card thing is mostly transparent, anyway.

Glad it's all behind you and you're on your feet. Even though you're out of there you might still file a complaint with the US Dept of Labor as well as the labor board of the state they're headquartered in. It might cost you some time but it will probably cost them more than the $500 they owe you in lawyers just looking over the complaint. I could be way off, but I think it's worth looking into. You might find other ways of making their business life a little more difficult. Legally of course. :)

Even though you're out of there you might still file a complaint with the US Dept of Labor as well as the labor board of the state they're headquartered in.

In California, it's the California Labor Commissioner's Office.

You can report widespread labor law violation one way: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToReportViolationtoBOFE.htm
...and discrimination or retaliation can be reported another way: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileDiscriminationComplaint.htm

The way it was explained to me by my squadron was that we needed to play along with the program to remain "worldwide qualified", which is a requirement to be a crew chief here. That's the catch with individualism, here. They threaten any "non-participants" with dropping that qualification, which is fine as long as it doesn't result in any marks on my credit and they only require tasks of me that a reasonable squadron would expect. If any nonsense occurs, there's always the IG, but this travel card thing is mostly transparent, anyway.
The Army is the same way but we call it "deployment ready". While I understand your position not wanting to be an "individual", your Squadron can't keep you from being "worldwide qualified" because you don't have a travel card (under these conditions).

There is a BIG difference in not completing the paperwork in order to aquire a DOD card and having a waiver of exclusion. The waiver meets ALL of the requirements of having participated in the DOD Travel Card Program. It is transparent to all but the finance department.

Wow, got out with a new job, good for you man! Glad to hear it. :)

I'm shocked no lawyers would pick up that case, strange...

Wow, got out with a new job, good for you man! Glad to hear it. :)

I'm shocked no lawyers would pick up that case, strange...

None of the ones I contacted. Of course they may have looked into the fact that TPG will lower ITS ASS on whoever tries to mess with XOJET.

Now you have to read that last sentence in this voice:

None of the ones I contacted. Of course they may have looked into the fact that TPG will lower ITS ASS on whoever tries to mess with XOJET........
One thing TPG can't do is stop forums like this. XOJets seats will always be filled because we, as a profession, have proven that we'll take it in the shorts time and time again. However, the word will get out, and quality pilots will avoid this company like the plague.

This is a sad statement for both this company and pilots as a whole.......

Back