What would YOU do?

So you had to basically apply for a credit card with your own credit, for the company you worked for? This is insanity...

I didn't apply for it, but with it being in my name I assumed there would be implications if I went crazy with it.

It doesn't appear to be all that rare. This was the first article that came up when I Googled the subject.

http://www.privacymatters.com/credit-information/business-credit-card-credit-report.aspx

When your company provides you with a business credit card, it does so to help you do your job better — to ensure that you can make business-related charges when the need arises. That said, many companies will ask that you apply for a business credit card directly, to check your credit worthiness.

Once you apply for the card and your application is approved, oftentimes the company will simply assume payment responsibilities from there. This can work out to become a strong business relationship, but the fact remains that applying for the card (at the company's request) does produce an inquiry on your credit report — a standard inquiry, because you are applying for a new card — but it is still an inquiry on your credit history, and it could one day affect your credit score.

For example, although it is not very likely, if your employer makes even one business credit card payment late, when the card is in your name, it could damage your credit score. Even a drop of 30-50 points on your credit score could result in higher interest rates for home loans.

Just confirmed with the bank that after a certain number of days the card holder not the companies credit is affected.
Does this surprise you?

I think you have had more than enough very detailed and very good guidance, opinions, options and legit advice on this subject by now. It's up to you to then either heed said advice or not.

If you have not even bothered while speaking to the bank, to cancel the card yet again and formally protest every charge made on the card since it was cancelled the first time and re-issued without your permission, I don't know what else to tell you.

Last edited:
Does this surprise you?

I think you have had more than enough very detailed and very good guidance, opinions, options and legit advice on this subject by now. It's up to you to then either heed said advice or not.

If you have not even bothered while speaking to the bank, to cancel the card yet again and formally protest every charge made on the card since it was cancelled the first time and re-issued without your permission, I don't know what else to tell you.

Keep in mind this is a holiday weekend and very little can be done. I probably won't be able to update the situation going forward but I'm doing everything possible.

Keep in mind this is a holiday weekend and very little can be done. I probably won't be able to update the situation going forward but I'm doing everything possible.
Just mull it over one of these.

ehe8uzag.jpg

Just mull it over one of these.

ehe8uzag.jpg
That's what I love about American-Mexican food. It all has the same ingredients; Just a different wrapper. Kinda like American politicians. Ooohh, I'm in trouble now. Sorry for that, but I just ate a taco at my training hotel "guest reception" while watching the news.

It doesn't appear to be all that rare. This was the first article that came up when I Googled the subject.
Once you apply for the card and your application is approved, oftentimes the company will simply assume payment responsibilities from there. This can work out to become a strong business relationship, but the fact remains that applying for the card (at the company's request) does produce an inquiry on your credit report — a standard inquiry, because you are applying for a new card — but it is still an inquiry on your credit history, and it could one day affect your credit score.
It's the credit card Heisenberg Principle... If you observe your credit score, you change it.

The Air Force does this with our credit cards. After years of allowing Gen X's to run up their travel cards with useless purchases and not paying the bills on time, the AF decided to put it all on us. It took a long time to transition but it ended up being our name and our credit. We are required to have it to travel and are required to follow AF regulations, but it is ultimately our responsibility. The one big complaint I have is that I was depending on an additional human, who didn't have personal accountability to me, to make some key strokes and send me the travel voucher payment so I could pay my travel credit card bill. A bill that the AF is supposed to pay but turned it into a reimbursement process with multiple deadlines, all of which are crucial to ME.

HOWEVER, if the AF charged MY official travel card and gave me the finger- GAME OVER. It's Inspector General time.

BEEFSUPREME, if you really believe that you have been wronged, a crime has to have been committed. If that's not the case, then it appears hindsight is 20/20 and that's all there is to it.

It's the credit card Heisenberg Principle... If you observe your credit score, you change it.

I see your Heisenberg Principle, and raise you the Right Hand Rule...to wit, if you're receiving money in your right hand, someone is almost certainly stealing from your left. Neils Bohr said that. Look it up.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for your advice. I contacted a couple of different law firms and they did not wish to represent me. I also contacted a former employee that was fired and had attempted to seek justice in the court of law. He said that XOJET uses the full might of their parent company TPG to bury any employee that dare speak up about an illegal or unfair practice.

So I did the only thing I could. I gave up my #1 seniority spot as reserve captain and the possibility of making 90k a year and I quit working for XOJET. I can't tell you how much relief I feel after leaving. I don't really want to say where I wound up but I landed on my feet and I hope to put all of this behind me.

I included the name of my employer on this post because they are planning on hiring again. While it may seem tempting to work for a company like XOJET I would advise against it. Please consider my situation before applying and if you would like to PM me and learn how you may be treated please feel free. I feel morally obligated to warn anyone who is considering working for XOJET it is a dead end place to work and you will not only be treated like dirt but nothing is sacred to those people even your own personal credit.

Oh, and my new employer gave me a credit card for expenses. One that is not tied to my personal credit.

I was wondering about this. Glad to hear it is at least over with. Hope your new company treats you right.

Back