What would YOU do?

One thing TPG can't do is stop forums like this. XOJets seats will always be filled because we, as a profession, have proven that we'll take it in the shorts time and time again. However, the word will get out, and quality pilots will avoid this company like the plague.

This is a sad statement for both this company and pilots as a whole.......

Well I can look back at my time at XOJET and feel proud that I never threw another pilot under the bus, I always stood up for what is right and I never bullied or intimidated anyone.

The Army is the same way but we call it "deployment ready". While I understand your position not wanting to be an "individual", your Squadron can't keep you from being "worldwide qualified" because you don't have a travel card (under these conditions).

There is a BIG difference in not completing the paperwork in order to aquire a DOD card and having a waiver of exclusion. The waiver meets ALL of the requirements of having participated in the DOD Travel Card Program. It is transparent to all but the finance department.

I'm trying to follow you guys, but I'm getting lost. The whole point of the GTC is so low-paid E-2's don't have to come out of pocket for travel expenses- they get a card that covers everything, and never take a hit to credit or their bank account. The late notices go to the DoD, not the end user, and it does not affect the user's credit rating.

Not having a GTC is stupid, ESPECIALLY if you travel a lot. Things really got complicated when a couple of our E's didn't have cards, and we (the O's) had to pay for their hotels- bit of a PITA to deal with DTS after that.

I couldn't imagine going TDY or deploying without a GTC.

I'm trying to follow you guys, but I'm getting lost. The whole point of the GTC is so low-paid E-2's don't have to come out of pocket for travel expenses- they get a card that covers everything, and never take a hit to credit or their bank account. The late notices go to the DoD, not the end user, and it does not affect the user's credit rating.

Not having a GTC is stupid, ESPECIALLY if you travel a lot. Things really got complicated when a couple of our E's didn't have cards, and we (the O's) had to pay for their hotels- bit of a PITA to deal with DTS after that.

Who is responsible for directly paying the bill? DoD or service member?

This thread really is interesting...

I know several guys at XO, and they're generally much more positive about it than what's being laid out in this thread. They admit the company has issues, but none that would make them walk off the job on short notice. Other side to this story?

This thread really is interesting...

I know several guys at XO, and they're generally much more positive about it than what's being laid out in this thread. They admit the company has issues, but none that would make them walk off the job on short notice. Other side to this story?

You are more than welcome to interpret my side of the story any way you like. Again, the bad behavior of intimidation, harassment and overworking copilots was limited to less than a dozen captains (still nearly 5% of the total pilot group and I flew one of two aircraft). I'm not talking about everyone.

There are some great guys there and some of them have stayed in touch with me. You know how I found out about the rumor that I went to fly with the departed D.O.? I spoke with one of my friends and we had a laugh about it at CAE Simuflight. I didn't start the rumor. Someone that didn't like the trash talking and back stabbing punked the entire group of trash talkers, after I left.

As for what happened with card and all the other stuff. Other guys have had the same problem and why would I lie about any of it? As for why I left early? I had been looking for a way out for over a year and when I found I had an opportunity: I called the C.P. told him there was a last minute class date for a new type and asked what we could work out. I even offered up my vacation time. I left gracefully and diplomatically. The C.P. claimed we were overstaffed and that once I gave notice I had to leave and there was no coming back. So I called his bluff and asked to leave the next day.

I can only guess what your friends are saying about me and they are welcome to say what they will. I got used to people trash talking me. I'll also add not once, not even one single time did any of those guys have the guts to mention that I was doing something wrong in person. They waited until the rotation was over then stabbed me behind the back and called something in to the C.P. I can't say who it was or even what it was because no one even mentioned anything to me in person.

Any of you are welcome to PM me or meet up with me for beers. Again I think people need to know what goes on at XOJET so they don't waste 3 years of their life as I did. I'm trying to help out and you are more than welcome to think or say anything you like.

Just do me the courtesy of not trash talking me or anyone else. I haven't made any of this personal. I'm just trying to warn people to stay away.

My general experience has been that people tend to "stand up for the side" to one extent or another for even the worst employer when that employer is still sending them paychecks. I know I've been guilty of that. Now, sure, the other side of it is that everyone always feels that they are the aggreived party when any relationship ends, but that doesn't change the facts. The rest of it aside, expecting an employee to stake their credit to your operation is, IMHO, beyond the pale (ludicrous? absurd? Words fail). But beyond that, BS (Can I call you BS? :D ) has never struck me as anything but an honest interlocutor, and shouldn't that count for something? I mean who knows, all human relationships are complex, but I can't imagine why my default setting would be to do anything but say "glad you got out alive" and "good luck with your new and better circumstances". *shrug*

PS. I'll take that beer, but only if you'll let me buy you one, too ;)

My general experience has been that people tend to "stand up for the side" to one extent or another for even the worst employer when that employer is still sending them paychecks. I know I've been guilty of that. Now, sure, the other side of it is that everyone always feels that they are the aggreived party when any relationship ends, but that doesn't change the facts. The rest of it aside, expecting an employee to stake their credit to your operation is, IMHO, beyond the pale (ludicrous? absurd? Words fail). But beyond that, BS (Can I call you BS? :D ) has never struck me as anything but an honest interlocutor, and shouldn't that count for something? I mean who knows, all human relationships are complex, but I can't imagine why my default setting would be to do anything but say "glad you got out alive" and "good luck with your new and better circumstances". *shrug*

PS. I'll take that beer, but only if you'll let me buy you one, too ;)

You can totally call me BS

You are more than welcome to interpret my side of the story any way you like. Again, the bad behavior of intimidation, harassment and overworking copilots was limited to less than a dozen captains (still nearly 5% of the total pilot group and I flew one of two aircraft). I'm not talking about everyone.

There are some great guys there and some of them have stayed in touch with me. You know how I found out about the rumor that I went to fly with the departed D.O.? I spoke with one of my friends and we had a laugh about it at CAE Simuflight. I didn't start the rumor. Someone that didn't like the trash talking and back stabbing punked the entire group of trash talkers, after I left.

As for what happened with card and all the other stuff. Other guys have had the same problem and why would I lie about any of it? As for why I left early? I had been looking for a way out for over a year and when I found I had an opportunity: I called the C.P. told him there was a last minute class date for a new type and asked what we could work out. I even offered up my vacation time. I left gracefully and diplomatically. The C.P. claimed we were overstaffed and that once I gave notice I had to leave and there was no coming back. So I called his bluff and asked to leave the next day.

I can only guess what your friends are saying about me and they are welcome to say what they will. I got used to people trash talking me. I'll also add not once, not even one single time did any of those guys have the guts to mention that I was doing something wrong in person. They waited until the rotation was over then stabbed me behind the back and called something in to the C.P. I can't say who it was or even what it was because no one even mentioned anything to me in person.

Any of you are welcome to PM me or meet up with me for beers. Again I think people need to know what goes on at XOJET so they don't waste 3 years of their life as I did. I'm trying to help out and you are more than welcome to think or say anything you like.

Just do me the courtesy of not trash talking me or anyone else. I haven't made any of this personal. I'm just trying to warn people to stay away.

I haven't the slightest idea what anyone is saying about you personally, and it's none of my business. Don't take it personally; I don't know who you are or what the issues surrounding your departure were.

And yes, I've been the subject of a bad rumor about something I allegedly said. In my case, it was a mediocre street captain (junior to me) at my last job who felt that my gripes about out of seniority upgrades meant that I wanted all street captains to be downgraded. I simply ignored the allegation, and it fizzled. Again, I don't know you, but try not to let people get your goat so easily.

I haven't the slightest idea what anyone is saying about you personally, and it's none of my business. Don't take it personally; I don't know who you are or what the issues surrounding your departure were.

And yes, I've been the subject of a bad rumor about something I allegedly said. In my case, it was a mediocre street captain (junior to me) at my last job who felt that my gripes about out of seniority upgrades meant that I wanted all street captains to be downgraded. I simply ignored the allegation, and it fizzled. Again, I don't know you, but try not to let people get your goat so easily.

Its all good. I didn't mean for you to take anything personally. I wish things had fizzled in regards to the rumors about me but that wasn't the way it worked out. You should consider yourself lucky. Rumors and trash talking easily cost me over 40k in the form of a delayed upgrade, most likely much more. So yeah you could say I am upset about it. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't understand that.

Its all good. I didn't mean for you to take anything personally. I wish things had fizzled in regards to the rumors about me but that wasn't the way it worked out. You should consider yourself lucky. Rumors and trash talking easily cost me over 40k in the form of a delayed upgrade, most likely much more. So yeah you could say I am upset about it. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't understand that.
What was the reason behind the rumors and trash talk?

What was the reason behind the rumors and trash talk?

To this day I don't really know. All I know is that a minimum of two or three captains irrationally didn't like me. A friend called the then assistant CP and he confirmed that there had been something negative said to the CP office but the assistant CP wouldn't say what exactly was said. In the world of XOJET it doesn't matter what actually happens. The captains word is gold and if he bad mouths you, you are done.

Why I was singled out I really have no idea. A few copilots had also confirmed captains trash talking me on the road saying that I never should have been allowed to upgrade but they never said why. I don't know why this happened because no one said anything in person.

I really do just want to put this all behind me but I feel like people who are thinking of applying at XOJET need to know what can happen to their career if they are paired with the wrong captain.

To this day I don't really know. All I know is that a minimum of two or three captains irrationally didn't like me. A friend called the then assistant CP and he confirmed that there had been something negative said to the CP office but the assistant CP wouldn't say what exactly was said. In the world of XOJET it doesn't matter what actually happens. The captains word is gold and if he bad mouths you, you are done.

Why I was singled out I really have no idea. A few copilots had also confirmed captains trash talking me on the road saying that I never should have been allowed to upgrade but they never said why. I don't know why this happened because no one said anything in person.

I really do just want to put this all behind me but I feel like people who are thinking of applying at XOJET need to know what can happen to their career if they are paired with the wrong captain.

You're doing the right thing by putting it behind you. If you fight with irrational people, they will fight dirty every time. Every single job I've worked at has show a tendency in the employee group for stories about people to grow legs. Basically, the average person will believe hearsay first and hearsay ALWAYS becomes untrue when it reaches multiple passes. If you're new and you're victim to this (which happens anyone who is not a tool/robot), you have ONE chance to either not f-up or kill a dude to make yourself look tough. J/K about the killing part, but work is seriously like prison when the job is new. I've seen numerous careers endangered because new, flashy employee is perceived as a threat to established flashy employee and established, flashy employee begins to get diarrhea mouth. If you're not on top of your diplomatic game, you will be written off by anyone that doesn't want to catch whatever disease you must have. Most people will do whatever it takes to not rock the boat and if they think you will, they will distance themselves. It sucks but that's the way people are. I'm not cool with a company messing with my credit, but getting out of there was a great choice. If you get marks, you could attack the marks only in court, from a credit standpoint.

That's pretty much the angle my squadron uses. They don't want anyone that is different. You can get a waiver for a lot of things but in the end, if the squadron doesn't want to reenlist you, they won't. They ran into a legal issue kicking out a couple drunks a few years back. Heck, if you can't kick out a drunk, how can you boot someone without a credit card? They just waited for reenlistments to come up and voila, no reenlistment.

DoD. I've run that card up and have been late to file my voucher, and never saw a fee or credit hit. Ever.

That's why I don't understand NOT having one.

Now, the rule is to pay it off within 5 days of your trip being completed to avoid that. We are strictly forbidden to use personal credit cards for gov't travel- but that's because the gov't gets kickbacks from citibank, as opposed to you racking up sky miles on gov't travel.

DoD. I've run that card up and have been late to file my voucher, and never saw a fee or credit hit. Ever.

That's why I don't understand NOT having one.

Now, the rule is to pay it off within 5 days of your trip being completed to avoid that. We are strictly forbidden to use personal credit cards for gov't travel- but that's because the gov't gets kickbacks from citibank, as opposed to you racking up sky miles on gov't travel.
I guess I don't understand the system now OR what you're stating. The "DoD is responsible" but "the rule is pay it off within 5 days"?

Well,.....which is it? Again, I ask:

For what it's worth, I met BEEF and talked wih him for a good while this past week at CAE DFW. I met one of the former XOJet coworkers in question previously at a social gathering in the DFW area.

Their attitudes are light years apart. BEEF is definitely the one maintaining the professionalism here.

I guess I don't understand the system now OR what you're stating. The "DoD is responsible" but "the rule is pay it off within 5 days"?

Well,.....which is it? Again, I ask:

You don't understand the system.

It is commander-directed that you file vouchers within 5 days of returning, so it can lead to all sorts of bad things happening to you if you decide to disobey.

Any late fees or credit responsibility falls upon the DoD. Citibank does NOT have control over YOUR personal finances or credit.

You don't understand the system.

It is commander-directed that you file vouchers within 5 days of returning, so it can lead to all sorts of bad things happening to you if you decide to disobey.

Any late fees or credit responsibility falls upon the DoD. Citibank does NOT have control over YOUR personal finances or credit.

Kind of, but not exactly.

After 210 days of delinquency it will be reported to the credit bureaus and late fees are inured after 75 days. However, by law, DoD must pay reimbursements to travelers within 30 days. If reimbursements remain unpaid after this timeframe has passed, travelers
will be paid interest on authorized reimbursement amounts.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Docs/TopTCPMyths.pdf

Back