What would YOU do?

All of the pilots, hundreds of them have agreed to this. Also keep in mind I'm making money flying airplanes and have been unable to get a job after over a year of looking. I don't know why anything would change post legal battle. In fact I think there is way less of a chance of a new job after I throw lawyers at my current employer.

So then I have to ask...why did they specifically decide not to pay your bill? If this was a widespread problem we'd be hearing more about it. Why did they just pick you.

If a company ruined my credit, I would be going through hell and high water to fix it. The fact that you're saying "meh...I just want to get back to flying airplanes" makes me think there's more to this story.

So then I have to ask...why did they specifically decide not to pay your bill? If this was a widespread problem we'd be hearing more about it. Why did they just pick you.

If a company ruined my credit, I would be going through hell and high water to fix it. The fact that you're saying "meh...I just want to get back to flying airplanes" makes me think there's more to this story.

No honestly I am scared. I didn't pay the bill because I was unaware that there were charges on a card that I thought was cancelled.

All of the pilots, hundreds of them have agreed to this.

You agreed to have a company ruin your credit? By the way, every pilot that agreed to this is a complete idiot. I would say no offense, but this is pretty stupid. This is allowing the company to absolve its self of all financial responsibility when it comes to personal company credit cards. You didn't find it odd? I almost don't believe this actually is occurring at the company you are at. Never have I heard of a company doing this, ever... I have a company credit card with my name on it, and the company name on it, and my credit is not tied to it in any way shape or form. Regardless, if you have been taken off of flight status, pending the issues you described to the CP, your time at your company is over. They are bringing their collective heads together on how to fire you ASAP. So right now you are running the risk of having your credit ruined, AND the company making something up and firing you for it. The personal attacks you describe, have you been officially written up for it?

Uhhhhhh my company credit card does not go on my name or SSN. I have never heard of anything quite like this before. A lawyer is 100% immediately needed.
It's not unusual in non-aviation related businesses to put a "company" credit card in an individual employees name and associate the card with the individual's credit. The goal of this maneuver is to protect the company from an individual employee running up huge business expenses that might later be deemed by the accounting department as non-business related. The company at this point is not on the hook for the bill, but rather the individual employee. It's not bad way to do it actually, because it keeps everyone accountable. What is FUBAR in this case is that it appears the company charged expenses not related to the individual on the individual's credit card. Legally, this would be the equivalent of your cousin taking your CC, pretending to be you, and charging a Vail ski vacation to your account (i.e. fraud). I don't know all the facts of this case, but the situation as stated here would be nothing less than egregious malfeasance. In the context just described, I completely agree with your "unheard of" assessment. I've never heard of it anyway. TSBC!

It's not unusual in non-aviation related businesses to put a "company" credit card in an individual employees name and associate the card with the individual's credit. The goal of this maneuver is to protect the company from an individual employee running up huge business expenses that might later be deemed by the accounting department as non-business related. The company at this point is not on the hook for the bill, but rather the individual employee. It's not bad way to do it actually, because it keeps everyone accountable. What is FUBAR in this case is that it appears the company charged expenses not related to the individual on the individual's credit card. Legally, this would be the equivalent of your cousin taking your CC, pretending to be you, and charging a Vail ski vacation to your account (i.e. fraud). I don't know all the facts of this case, but the situation as stated here would be nothing less than egregious malfeasance. In the context just described, I completely agree with your "unheard of" assessment. I've never heard of it anyway. TSBC!
I'm not sure if my previous employer that issued company credit cards did this, but I'd be very, very surprised - and this was "entry level."

I don't know if I buy that it isn't unusual. I have several corporate world friends who have company credit cards. It is up to the company to determine what is company related, and could hold funds from payroll in order to pay unauthorized purchases. It is however not ok, to have a company have complete responsibility to pay a company credit card, that is under an employees name.

It would be concerning to have that tab run king on my credit. If the company goes TU what's to say that bill due will be covered.

Agree it's not unusual. When I flew corporate, we each had a credit card in our names. But we (the individuals) were the only ones to ever put a dime on those cards. Considering who Mr. Supreme works for, I am really shocked and disappointed. His employer used to be one of the most desirable to work for in the 135 world. Just sad, and who here can't feel for the guy? Hopefully some rat doesn't go behind his back here, but unfortunately his company seem to foster a culture of backstabbing.

It would be concerning to have that tab run king on my credit. If the company goes TU what's to say that bill due will be covered.

It all depends on the company. If you were working for the Coca Cola flight department, I doubt you'd still feel that way. But if I were working for Sky Limo? Hell no!

Agree it's not unusual. When I flew corporate, we each had a credit card in our names. But we (the individuals) were the only ones to ever put a dime on those cards. Considering who Mr. Supreme works for, I am really shocked and disappointed. His employer used to be one of the most desirable to work for in the 135 world. Just sad, and who here can't feel for the guy? Hopefully some rat doesn't go behind his back here, but unfortunately his company seem to foster a culture of backstabbing.
Did you have a company credit card with your name on it and had you used your personal SS# and your personal credit history to apply for this card? Was your SS# and your personal credit info tied to this card? Were you then liable to pay the charges for the card?Is your personal credit dinged if your company does not pay the card on time? If the company goes out of business are you left with paying off it's debt for them?

This makes no sense. Why would any employee agree to such a thing and what kind of company would demand this of it's employees?

There is a big difference between having a company credit card that is tied to, applied by the company using their own credit and info and has your name on it, than one which you apply for with your name on it using all your personal data and SS#, there fore making you responsible for paying the bill. Would you have been liable if the company had not paid the monthly charges or paid them late? Would your personal credit been damaged? Were you made aware of this?

I have never heard of any Corporation doing what the OP is saying. Ever.

Company credit cards benefit the company, not you. They give them the benefit of having time to pay for various charges instead of having to send their employees out with wads of cash, it's a more efficient way to track monthly expenses, the company reaps the rewards,rebates, discounts and points that many credit entities offer with the cards and use them, there are insurance protections that go along with the purchases on the card, the company is building and maintaining good credit for themselves, the company can take advantage of certain purchases for equipment for instance which have a pay it off in a certain amount of time clause and no interest is charged, you can have a much lower interest rate when the cards are paid off every month, and more. None of this benefits the employee.

Further, did he sign any paperwork which stated that in using his ID and credit to obtain such a card that he was solely responsible to pay off the monthly charges, any annual fees and late fees associated with the credit card? Did you do this at the company which you worked for?

And did he not then cancel the card which the company re-opened and began using again without his knowledge and permission and then not paying the bills? Does he have/ did he get a copy of the contract between the company and the credit card entity? Does it show that there is a joint responsibility (the company or him) or a single liability (him) to pay the charges on the card? Are the charges on the card made by him or by others?

What is the advantage of making any employee liable to pay for business charges on a credit card? You would already have a signed agreement and guidelines with the employee stating what expenses the credit card is for, and what will happen if the card is used for anything outside of the items listed for business purposes and without the company's permission, spending limits and the repercussions if the company policy is not adhered to in regards to the use/abuse of said card.the company can also cancel the card at any time. They then have the legal means to pursue payment from you and can even fire you over this if this is laid out/documented in writing and agreed to and signed to by the employee ahead of time.

How successful can a company be if it cannot even pay it's credit card bills and expects the employee to pay them? wth?

Last edited:

So you had to basically apply for a credit card with your own credit, for the company you worked for? This is insanity...

You guys need to be really clear in your explanations with regard to these cards. My company credit card has my name on it, and the company's name on it. It is in NO way tied to my credit. I didn't apply for a credit card on my name, for the company. This is not common practice people!!! A company cannot require you to open a line of credit!

You guys need to be really clear in your explanations with regard to these cards. My company credit card has my name on it, and the company's name on it. It is in NO way tied to my credit. I didn't apply for a credit card on my name, for the company. This is not common practice people!!! A company cannot require you to open a line of credit!

Actually, it is common practice. It isn't required, in that you don't have to get a company card if you don't want to. But if you want a company card, it has to be "in your name."

I don't see the benefit, since I can just expense my own charges on my personal card. The only reason to have a company card is that it's not in my name. Once companies started attaching them to person credit, I stopped getting a company card.

Actually, it is common practice. It isn't required, in that you don't have to get a company card if you don't want to. But if you want a company card, it has to be "in your name."

I don't see the benefit, since I can just expense my own charges on my personal card. The only reason to have a company card is that it's not in my name. Once companies started attaching them to person credit, I stopped getting a company card.
A company card your name is one thing. Their names are on the cards for accounting purposes and to track their expenditures and also expenditures in regards to specific flights/bookings. My employees are in no way tied to the cards personally, they did not use their ss# and credit history and fill out applications for the cards nor did they agree to pay the card's balances off. The corporation applied for the cards, using my and it's credit history and ID numbers and the corporation is responsible to pay the cards. The employees have no relationship whatsoever with the credit card issuer/bank. I and the corporation do.They also have fuel cards. These again are in no way tied to them, they are tied to the corporation only.

A credit card for a company that has your name on it does not have to have your credit history, your social security number tied to it, nor a credit app filled out by you where you also agree to the opening of the card and agree to the payment of the card charges. THAT is the difference.

I don't know why this is so difficult to comprehend.

Last edited:
1. Get this thread delorted.

2. Get copies of all the paperwork concerning said card.

3. Lawyer up.

4. (or sooner) Quit.

It is not common practice. A company credit card is for company expenses. Why do I need a credit card under my credit, for company expenses such as fuel, catering, hotels etc? That is beyond ridiculous...

It is not common practice. A company credit card is for company expenses. Why do I need a credit card under my credit, for company expenses such as fuel, catering, hotels etc? That is beyond ridiculous...

If you're on a 1099 maybe

Okay. I guess the last couple of companies I've worked for weren't typical. ExpressJet and SkyWest do this. They certainly aren't "fly by night" operations. About 5 years ago anyone who had a company card had to send it in, and re-open it in their own name with their SSN tied to it.

I'm not saying I agreed to it. I just sent in expense reports and got reimbursed instead of opening a company card that was tied to my SSN. I agree it seemed silly.

Back