What would YOU do?

Hey. HEY! That's my intellectual property. And the correct vernacular is "Poop in their V File!"

Good day.. SIR!

;)

But...I sent you tacos! (Check your phone)

From Mexi-Joes in LGA. Which, if pronounced in Spanish is pretty hilarious.

So looking at my financial situation would you really start legal trouble with a large 135 operator who has a massive legal department and will stop at nothing to steamroll their employees? Really they will try and ruin me in addition to throwing the might of a huge investment firm's legal department at me.

Honestly, yes. They are already trying to ruin you by hurting your credit and taking you off flight status. You said you're worried about future employment. If you stay at this company, do you really think it's going to look good to future employers that you were a trouble maker and taken off flight status? Think you're going to get a recommendation? They are clearly in the wrong here, legally and ethically.

Honestly, yes. They are already trying to ruin you by hurting your credit and taking you off flight status. You said you're worried about future employment. If you stay at this company, do you really think it's going to look good to future employers that you were a trouble maker and taken off flight status? Think you're going to get a recommendation? They are clearly in the wrong here, legally and ethically.

I don't know. I haven't even done anything wrong. I'm not the kind of person to try and start a legal battle. I just want to get my career out of this rut and move on with my life.

I don't know. I haven't even done anything wrong. I'm not the kind of person to try and start a legal battle. I just want to get my career out of this rut and move on with my life.
Sometimes it's necessary to stand up, turn around and bitch slap the ass hole who is trying to ruin your life. There is no middle ground here, take off and nuke the site from orbit. These people are bullies, nothing more.

So, the only reason you're not fighting is because you fear for your job and next weeks pay check. If they disrespect you that much, what makes you think they'll even keep you employed next week. Then when you try legal action it will just look retaliatory. Strike first, strike hard.

So, the only reason you're not fighting is because you fear for your job and next weeks pay check. If they disrespect you that much, what makes you think they'll even keep you employed next week. Then when you try legal action it will just look retaliatory. Strike first, strike hard.

Again I really appreciate the responses. I have gotten some great advice and without blowing it up all over the intertubes I have decided to take up that advice. Not sure if I should continue this thread or not.....

You don't want to work for any company that treats any employee that way.

Not sure if I should continue this thread or not.....

Unfortunately, anything you say can and will be used in a court of law, and not to your advantage.

You pay your lawyer to speak for you, and to advise you on where.

Good luck!

You asked. The group has spoken. The ball is in your court now. I would remove any idea of who your employer is on the internet, contact the various contacts posted. And STFU.

If you do not value and respect yourself, no one else will either. The only people that appreciate a doormat are those with dirty shoes.

They've already "ruined you". You can't fly and your credit is being trashed. What further crap sandwich are you waiting for them to feed you? What kind of crack legal department can they possibly have that allows them to use an employee's ss# for company credit cards, not pay the bills they accrue on the cards and then re-opens the cards after you close them down for non-payment? Smoke and mirrors. How would their investors view this behavior? Be interesting to find out. They have taken advantage of you because you have allowed them to. Time to grow a pair and do what is right, because they sure as hell haven't and aren't going to.

Not only will you be saving yourself, you'll be saving some other guy down the road. The aviation world doesn't need slimeball operations like this in it.

Last edited:
So what would you do?

(1) Call the credit card company and put all of the applicable charges in dispute. That stops the clock and starts somewhat of an investigation.

(2) Definitely look for a new employer.

(3) Find the "agent for service" for the company. If the company doesn't square it away and the credit card company still wants payment, take it to small claims court. You will want the name and address of the agent for service for that.

(4) Consider talking with an attorney and asking "what could you do for me, how much would it cost me, what are the chances of winning, and do you think we could get your attorney fees out of them". Then make a decision what way you want to proceed as the other issues play out.

I have a hard time believing a company would open themselves up to this much of a legal mess just to get over on an employee or two. there is no way the reward outweighs the risk. Get copies of any paperwork you have signed with the company and go through it with a fine tooth comb. I just have a hard time believing they would do something like this without some sort of legal protection for themselves.

Wow, I'd hire a hitma....uh I mean a lawyer, asap. Seriously, so sorry you're having to go through this. I wish I could help.

Typhoon hit early on. You need to GTFO, and SUE THEIR A$$. No excuse for that, employers should have the employees back, not their butt.

I've made over 50 orbits around our sun, and people still amaze me.

Again I really appreciate the responses. I have gotten some great advice and without blowing it up all over the intertubes I have decided to take up that advice. Not sure if I should continue this thread or not.....

Actually what you want to do is ask Doug to delete the thread. You do not want any of this to fall into their hands. Copy A Life Aloft's first post and save it to a word file first though.

TP

While I wouldn't advocate taking traffic away from JC (I post here more, anyway), the Anonymous posting function on the "other site" is very much appropriate for these types of questions.

Back