Well, That's one way to call it quits....

I wonder how many of the people who are "Fans" of his on FB are the kind of jackasses who don't listen to FA safety briefs, undo their seatbelts while the plane is still rolling, and generally behave in the exact manner that instigated this particular incident?

I wonder how many of the people who are "Fans" of his on FB are the kind of jackasses who don't listen to FA safety briefs, undo their seatbelts while the plane is still rolling, and generally behave in the exact manner that instigated this particular incident?

Not sure, but I heard a couple of pundits discussing this and there was a consensus that this just might HELP things for the FAs. It will bring realization to the hate that them and other CSR folks have to deal with...so that's good. They also talked about some of the other incidents of CSR peeps "taking action" including a Radio Shack guy smacking a guy with a HAMMER! So, it could have been much worse!

Not sure, but I heard a couple of pundits discussing this and there was a consensus that this just might HELP things for the FAs. It will bring realization to the hate that them and other CSR folks have to deal with...so that's good. They also talked about some of the other incidents of CSR peeps "taking action" including a Radio Shack guy smacking a guy with a HAMMER! So, it could have been much worse!

Just like I said, it SHOULD bring awareness to FAs and what they deal with. How inflight, they usually can't just disengage from a situation. As I also said, it'd be an interesting human factors discussion.

It's been interesting to watch JetBlue PR work with this, both from the inside and the outside. It's the first real negative thing they'd had since the stranding incident at JFK a few years ago.

For my part, I've been asked to stop Tweeting about it. :D

I'd say the majority. Too stupid and oblivious to realize that they are who pushed him to this point.

I'd say the majority. Too stupid and oblivious to realize that they are who pushed him to this point.

That statement reminds me of the trucker who was at a rest stop, deposdent over his marriage (IIRC) and was threatening suicide in his cab with a gun. As the State Police tried to talk to him, people were all over the CB radio coaxing him on to go ahead and kill himself, no matter how much the State Police tried to get them to shut up. Bout an hour later, he did just that.

He is an idiot and unstable. I am glad he won't be aboard a flight I am on. If he cannot handle this type of stress, then what would have happened in an emergency?

The adrenaline that you feel from eternal frustration after serving people again and again, and then to have the biggest dick ever (debatable) disobey you and then hit you on the head (incidentally), is WAY DIFFERENT than the adrenaline you feel during an emergency, in which you have to help people. It's foolish to even compare the two. Everyone has a breaking point. To the people likening Steven Slater's actions to that of anarchy, you need to stop being hypocrites and realize that it is possible for you to get as furious, and do something that you didn't know was even possible for you to do. It is easier to judge than to be judged.

The adrenaline that you feel from eternal frustration after serving people again and again, and then to have the biggest dick ever (debatable) disobey you and then hit you on the head (incidentally), is WAY DIFFERENT than the adrenaline you feel during an emergency, in which you have to help people.

For some reason that reminded me of the warning given to lifeguards that most of the people they try to rescue will attempt to drown them in the process as well. :)

I like all the "what ifs". What if he would have killed someone? Well he didn't. What if it was a captain? Well it wasn't. What if he did it in flight? He didn't.

I applaud him. He has ca hones. Most people in America will take a stiff one with a smile if it comes dressed as authority.

I found this quote and I think it sums up what a lot of people are saying and I want to address it:

Simply because you're getting fed up with stupid and insensitive people doesn't give you the right to upset

I disagree. That is actually the most appropriate time to get upset. Getting upset is natural.

The adrenaline that you feel from eternal frustration after serving people again and again, and then to have the biggest dick ever (debatable) disobey you and then hit you on the head (incidentally), is WAY DIFFERENT than the adrenaline you feel during an emergency, in which you have to help people. It's foolish to even compare the two. .

Are you telling me that he was so out of control that he STOLE two beers? Really? The adrenaline made him steal beer.... that is rich.

I disagree...it's not foolish to compare the two, it is foolish to NOT compare the two. It is foolish to give this guy a pass for his actions. I have been assaulted with a rifle, and experienced many different kinds of frustration, just like everyone else, along with handling emergencies, and also reacting to other peoples emergencies....so I know first hand. He is unstable, period. I could give you many examples but I really don't have the time to sit here and write them out...maybe over beers somewhere.

I admit, there is a part of me that's amused by this, but only in the same way I was amused when Lindsay Lohan cried so hard because she was going to jail...

I said my piece and have stayed out of this conversation, but honestly if we all acted like this jerk there would be no civilization. The proof of that is in the increase of this kind of behavior by idiots like this.

Is road rage OK?
Is yelling at your children OK?
Is throwing bottles at ball players or referees OK?

I'm sorry, I want to smack the smirk off of his face.

He was completely was out of line....but that's just my opinion.

Back