Well, That's one way to call it quits....

Today we salute you Mr. Pissed off probably effeminate male flight attendant. when a passenger wont listen, you demand an apology, and if that doesnt work, you demand some respect. So grab the PA, pop the slide, pilfer 2 refreshing
pilsners, and huff it home to get your freak on.

So pop that top Emissary of the escape slide, because you know how to put the

Mr. pissed off probably effeminate male flight attendant.
aaaahhhh that's awesome!!

This FA is getting quite the cult following for finally not wanting to take anyone's crap anymore and telling them to, quite literally, "take this job and shove it" as the old country song goes.

Good for him. I know I couldn't put up with half the crap that FAs do without having given someone a boot to the head FAR earlier than the 20 years this guy put in as an FA.

Officially, I can't condone his actions... there are proper channels to go through in dealing with abusive, belligerent pax. Everyone has a breaking point though, and it seems he reached his!

So, if you're going to go out, go out in style! Mr. Slater, I hope the rest of your life is as full of win as your exit from JB was! Epic... absolutely epic. Goodness knows there have been pax I've wanted to tell where to shove their [fill in the blank of whatever stupid excuse they come up with why the rules don't apply to them, only everybody else].

I raise my glass to you, tonight, Mr. Slater! Prost! I think just about every F/A in America tonight would like to buy you a drink and give you a massive high-five.

Fine. I'll officially condone it for you then. :)

Done. :)

From what I've read, the altercation with this pax started much earlier in the flight, so I'm sure there's a lot more to this story than just the small bit in the press about him being hit in the head with either a OHB door or the pax's bag (both are mentioned in different articles).

Yes, there are "proper" procedures for dealing with non-compliant pax, but there comes a time when enough is just enough and this was his snapping point. He didn't punch the pax, he didn't cause significant damage to company property (the slide deployment is a big deal, but it's more a $$ issue than a "damage" issue), he just grabbed a couple brews and bailed... truly a tale that will go down in airline history.

ya know, i :clap: for this guy more than anyone else, but what if it was a CA or FO that had done the same thing?

This dude will be making the rounds pretty soon...Oprah, Morning Shows, you name it. I hope he cashes in while he's in the spot light! Do it now!!!

40428418154622129511807.jpg

He is an idiot and unstable. I am glad he won't be aboard a flight I am on. If he cannot handle this type of stress, then what would have happened in an emergency?

I do not and cannot condone this type of action. I understand the frustration he felt, and I often feel frustration myself, but cannot understand why people are applauding this guy. If you don't like your job, quit, but to intentionally destroy company property and steal? That deserves jail time.

I guess the my problem with this is a simple question, do we want anarchy, or order?

This guy can't deal within societal bounds, so he disregarded them. He affected many lives that day. He may have cost someone a job, or the last few minutes with a dying loved one...because he "flipped"?
Unacceptable behavior...sorry.

He is an idiot and unstable. I am glad he won't be aboard a flight I am on. If he cannot handle this type of stress, then what would have happened in an emergency?

I do not and cannot condone this type of action. I understand the frustration he felt, and I often feel frustration myself, but cannot understand why people are applauding this guy. If you don't like your job, quit, but to intentionally destroy company property and steal? That deserves jail time.

I guess the my problem with this is a simple question, do we want anarchy, or order?

This guy can't deal within societal bounds, so he disregarded them. He affected many lives that day. He may have cost someone a job, or the last few minutes with a dying loved one...because he "flipped"?
Unacceptable behavior...sorry.

I agree completely with you. There are definitely better ways that this could have been handled and unfortunately in this case, they weren't. Realistically speaking, the passenger ignored regulations and was obviously disrespectful. Let's say that Slater decided to go the proper route, advise the Captain and have a security coordinator or LEO handle the situation. 90% of the time, all that happens is a slap on the wrist and that's it, they're on their way and the the passenger will do it again on another flight.

I think the main reason that he is being applauded is that he did something that many of us formerly (and presently) in the customer service profession have always wanted to do, but had better sense and didn't. He absolutely deserves to be punished for this.

I agree completely with you. There are definitely better ways that this could have been handled and unfortunately in this case, they weren't. Realistically speaking, the passenger ignored regulations and was obviously disrespectful. Let's say that Slater decided to go the proper route, advise the Captain and have a security coordinator or LEO handle the situation. 90% of the time, all that happens is a slap on the wrist and that's it, they're on their way and the the passenger will do it again on another flight.

I think the main reason that he is being applauded is that he did something that many of us formerly (and presently) in the customer service profession have always wanted to do, but had better sense and didn't. He absolutely deserves to be punished for this.

The guy had had it. Sometimes people just snap. At least this was mild and with no far-reaching repercussions of any kind, regardless of the "what if" of it. It's not like he's getting his job back. He's done.

But you know what? He recognized when he had had enough. And although he made a very terminal decision, he did it on his own terms without harming anyone and took his problems and frustration off of the aircraft. Removed himself from the situation. Gotta have some respect for that. No punishment needed. Any punishment given would be a waste of taxpayer dollars and accomplish nothing. It'd be a different story had he harmed anyone, attacked anyone, etc.

The guy had had it. Sometimes people just snap. At least this was mild and with no far-reaching repercussions of any kind, regardless of the "what if" of it. It's not like he's getting his job back. He's done.

But you know what? He recognized when he had had enough. And although he made a very terminal decision, he did it on his own terms without harming anyone and took his problems and frustration off of the aircraft. Removed himself from the situation. Gotta have some respect for that. No punishment needed. Any punishment given would be a waste of taxpayer dollars and accomplish nothing. It'd be a different story had he harmed anyone, attacked anyone, etc.

you beat me to it. I couldn't agree more! He didn't hurt anyone, he decided to abandon the situation and I don't blame him one bit. If you've ever worked in customer service you KNOW how people can be sometimes...

Back