Weekend Jet Accidents in the USA

SoDak is right up there. It’s Nebraska without the crowds or income tax.

The area around Rapid is an undiscovered gem. I fully expect the money to swoop in an exploit and/or ruin it shortly.

Back in the day, NoDak decided they weren’t as cool (colder, yes) as SoDak, and there was an effort to change the name to just “Dakota”.
Ah yes, two states with some of the most beautiful paleontological records in the world governed by theocrats who would love to ban the teaching of evolution. Tis a weird weird world.

I honestly forgot Nebraska existed. Thanks for the reminder!
Of course you did. Did you ever even know it DID exist? (There's also IOWA, WISCONSIN, MINNESOTA, N/S DAKOTA, KANSAS, etc.) Not to be a dick, but this is a huge problem in 'Murica right now, in case you hadn't noticed that either. Just think, "Where do my groceries come from?" That might help you remember. (Hint: they don't come from your grocery store.)

Ah yes, two states with some of the most beautiful paleontological records in the world governed by theocrats who would love to ban the teaching of evolution. Tis a weird weird world.
Yes, it is 'tis! Indeed, it is. But happy to go "defend" "'Murica" from those "other" "fundamentalists" over yonder.

I spent a night, followed by a second unplanned night, in Lincoln in Jan 2020, due to some widespread blizzards whilst driving across country. I enjoyed the town, seemed pretty cool, hip even. Also spent a NYE in Omaha one year a while back. Didn’t really get out, but again, the people (mostly military, since we were crashing in mil transient housing) were nice. 0/10 for scenery, but maybe 8/10 for the people. Wouldn’t move there, but it isn’t a wasteland, in the same way that Iowa isn’t (which I’ve spent a lot of time in/have lots of family).

I spent a night, followed by a second unplanned night, in Lincoln in Jan 2020, due to some widespread blizzards whilst driving across country. I enjoyed the town, seemed pretty cool, hip even. Also spent a NYE in Omaha one year a while back. Didn’t really get out, but again, the people (mostly military, since we were crashing in mil transient housing) were nice. 0/10 for scenery, but maybe 8/10 for the people. Wouldn’t move there, but it isn’t a wasteland, in the same way that Iowa isn’t (which I’ve spent a lot of time in/have lots of family).

I was on the verge of moving there in the early 1990s, before those plans fell through.

SoDak is right up there. It’s Nebraska without the crowds or income tax.

The area around Rapid is an undiscovered gem. I fully expect the money to swoop in an exploit and/or ruin it shortly.

Back in the day, NoDak decided they weren’t as cool (colder, yes) as SoDak, and there was an effort to change the name to just “Dakota”.

I spend a good amount of time in Rapid. I generally love it, although the food selection leaves something to be desired.

The money is moving in, though. A friend of mine is CEO of a PropTech company there that is backed by VC money. They’re growing like a weed and the governor and other lawmakers are frequently coming down to their office to promote investment in tech in Rapid. I expect the city to start blowing up like Boise has been.

Coincidence? I think NOT!!

Gotchya fam

Co.gif

Back