Weekend Jet Accidents in the USA

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
359591e3fbf0e472b717776472fa7268f634da95

339089735_482004367371173_1645573267014491066_n.jpg

April 1st - A Cessna 750 Citation X jet, N85AV, sustained substantial damage when it suffered a runway excursion during a landing attempt on runway 32 at Monmouth Executive Airport (BLM/KBLM), Belmar, New Jersey.
Both pilots were not injured.

The aircraft exited off the left of the runway beyond the taxiway. A photo provided to me shows that the airplane came to rest upright, the nose and left gear collapsed, the fuselage sustained extensive damage, as well as both wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45526_1573888824.jpg

April 2nd - The Dassault Falcon 900 jet N999EH suffered a runway excursion during landing on runway 15 at Aspen Pitkin County Airport (ASE/KASE), Aspen, Colorado. There were no injuries.

1680485073299.png

Last edited:
Dropped Biz Jet from the titel

A life flight helicopter crashed killing two.

Date:02-APR-2023
Time:c. 17:20
Type:
Silhouette image of generic EC30 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Airbus Helicopters H130 (EC 130T2)
Owner/operator:Air Methods Corporation
MSN:7993
Fatalities:Fatalities: 2 / Occupants: 3
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Category:Accident
Location:near Chelsea, E of the Forest Lakes, Shelby County, AL -
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:En route
Nature:Ambulance
Departure airport:Sylacauga Municipal Airport, AL (KSCD)
Destination airport:
Investigating agency: NTSB
Confidence Rating:
CR3.svg
Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
An Air Methods Corporation Airbus Helicopters H130 (EC 130T2) was responding to a scene call and crashed near Chelsea, half of a mile east of the Forest Lakes, Shelby County, Alabama.
One crewmember died at the scene and two others were taken to hospital, where another crewmember died. The helicopter is written off.

Aspen is a freaking menace. In any rational world, that's a VFR-only airport. The margins are just too thin in any real weather. I'll never have to go there again, and that's not soon enough.
If I can go my whole career without touching Aspen or Teterboro I’ll consider myself a success

Aspen is a freaking menace. In any rational world, that's a VFR-only airport. The margins are just too thin in any real weather. I'll never have to go there again, and that's not soon enough.
Eh, they just got it backwards. Rifle’s where the heavy metal and inexperienced RJ pilots should go (the trash-talking’s been way too one-sided here). Aspen should be mostly pistons, some turboprops and light jets. In a previous life I did piston mountain training and we’d pop over the Independence Pass because that was about the only really taxing part of taking a 182 into Aspen. The G36 was a touch more sporting calculating performance with the sloped runway but still nothing compared to someplace like Blake. I’d fall asleep taking a Caravan in there.

CC on his high horse in 3.....2.....1....

No. Sad events all around. The jets at least look okay, but that Life Flight heli was a fatal accident.

I pray that my family never has to see the inside of that chopper. I understand that it is the most accident-prone sector of aviation but that's mostly because these guys operate in harsh conditions (low vis, night time, terrain, weather) to air-evac patients out who are suffering life threatening injuries and land travel (ambulances) are not an option. These guys are true heroes in my opinion.

GTY_aspen_plane_crash_ml_140106_16x9_1600.jpg

Man that thing at first glance looked like a beached whale.

I thought the exact same thing

Maybe this is the crashing biz jets season? Lots of weird weather, engines without upper access panels installed, possibly extraterrestrials interfering with piloting?

Back