Walp...

Sad part is that there's an ass for every saddle, and the will find someone that fits theirs.
Oh I have no doubt. There never seems to be a shortage of CFIs around Jacksonville who are willing to PFT for a jeeett job or sign up for something like this. The whole NE FLA area in general is horrible for 135/91 ops accept for a select handful of places.

Get the heck out of Florida! I was offered a job flying a Sovereign out of FLL for $55k a year, as a contract employee. This is after the owner said he wants to make his company a career destination for people, and to have a good crew of pilots around for many years.

Get the heck out of Florida! I was offered a job flying a Sovereign out of FLL for $55k a year, as a contract employee. This is after the owner said he wants to make his company a career destination for people, and to have a good crew of pilots around for many years.
Not everybody has the option of leaving. I'm pretty sure Chris is in a similar situation.

If only it were so easy haha. I own a house in Jacksonville and this is where my family is/wants to stay for the time being so this is where I am. More than willing to commute though, and at this point I'm not seeing much of an alternative.

If only it were so easy haha. I own a house in Jacksonville and this is where my family is/wants to stay for the time being so this is where I am. More than willing to commute though, and at this point I'm not seeing much of an alternative.

I don't know your experience, but there are a couple of operators out of Stuart that seem pretty good.

Agree completely with what everyone else stated, and how CRRules acted. Glad you saw through the smoke before signing a two year contract. Normally (not always) companies that have these training contracts are using them as protection for some part of the job that they know is subpar. That could be pay, QOL, or basically anything they know is driving people away. If you offer a good/career job you won't have people jumping ship at the first available opportunity and therefore don't need a training agreement.

Back