Walp...

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
Interview with a corporate flight department today. Wish me luck with my negotiating foo. They want me to sign a 2 year contract in return for an SIC type. I'd like to see that turn into a 1 year contract and a PIC type before I sign. Pay and bennies aren't bad and it's a good opportunity for someone... I'd just like to see that someone be me (under the right conditions).

Interview with a corporate flight department today. Wish me luck with my negotiating foo. They want me to sign a 2 year contract in return for an SIC type. I'd like to see that turn into a 1 year contract and a PIC type before I sign. Pay and bennies aren't bad and it's a good opportunity for someone... I'd just like to see that someone be me (under the right conditions).
"No, no, no..."

"No, no, no..."
78a9e16f59958cf728c4dd89115372c9.jpg

So did you counter with this or are you hoping they will come back and say, "You know what, we reconsidered, we'll make you PIC first, then have you sign a 1 year contract, THEN hire you."?

Don't forget the raise at the end of year 1 too! Know the cost out and if they release you're out free.

Get a lawyer to review if serious

SIC type for 2 years? Make sure you get a PIC out of it, if the job is worth it, then 2 years is nothing. If you get the chance talk to the other pilots in the department not just the CP and who ever else is giving the interview.

So did you counter with this or are you hoping they will come back and say, "You know what, we reconsidered, we'll make you PIC first, then have you sign a 1 year contract, THEN hire you."?
I don't think they will agree with what I want, but I'm not going to sign for anything less. This job would be great and it would afford me good QOL (live in base) and decent pay... But there are drawbacks to it too that in my case would not make a 2 year contract worth it. Mainly because the aircraft is single-pilot certified and I'm not going to log a few hundred hours of "dual received total turbine time" in my logbook. But I also happen to know that they really want to hire me and I'm just about the only local guy with the particular quals they were looking for to apply. So I have that going for me. We'll see what happens. It would be good if this worked out so I can avoid the regional commute but I'm not going to sell myself down the river for that reason alone. I know what I'm worth (and I mean that in the most humble way possible).

Forgot to mention there is a 4 month probationary period so as long as I survive that then the rest of all this would take effect.

Ugh. This has Florida written all over it. Is it?

The fact that they are so insecure that they are making you sign a 2 year contract and do a SIC type (not much cheaper, but makes you far less employable) is a very bad sign IMO.

Back