Visiting Operations

proxima

I plan on heading down to Lakeland next friday to do some work at the Sun N Fun campus. I know Sky King is based out of LAL. But is there any other operations in the TPA and MCO area I should check out next weekend? I would like to visit a couple while I am down there, I want to know what the position is like before I make the jump to become a dispatcher.

I have found a couple of schools, but the problem I have is taking the time off of work to go to a 5 - 6 week course. I'd rather have the classroom training than the DL programs.

Spirit is in the MCO area as well as AirTran. National Airlines is in the process of moving to the MCO area from YIP and Capital Cargo is also in the MCO area. Capital would probably be the easiest to visit but you're not going to probably see a lot of useful stuff. ATSG is in the process of moving the office up to ILN and Capital only has three 757s flying in the DHL USA system at the moment. All flights depart in the late evening too. In the MIA area, you have Amerijet and Miami Air. Miami Air is in the Pan Am building @ MIA airport but the actual office is very very small. I was there last year and they were really easy to visit (they just posted some pictures on their facebook page if you'd like to see).

I don't think Sky King has much going on right now. They are in the middle of a drawn out bankruptcy that will probably end in the closure of the airline unless something happens with the new PEOPLExpress.

Actually Spirit is in Miramar near FLL. But yes AirTran is near MCO (would be cool to see their OCC before they move to DAL) and yes National officially is in Ventura now just north of MCO

Thanks for the replies guys. I will pull some strings to see if I can visit the FL Flight ops in MCO. I am currently in JAX, but I do want to leave. I will be in Lakeland next Sat to do some work at the Sun N Fun campus, and I know that Sky King is right there. I will also contact the other ops in the area to see if I can stop by.

Back