Virgin America Hiring

double_d

I don't know too much about Virgin, but they seem to have a pretty good (and new) operation. I believe VA flies only domestically with the A320 and A319. They are located just south of SFO in Burligame which is, unfortunatley, one of the more expensive places to live in CA (even in the US) but I would imagine they start out pretty high to compensate for that.

No clue as to how many spots they have open. Visit the careers section of their website for details and to apply. I noticed the posting last night, so it should still be up.

That's about it. Good luck to anyone who applies.

I don’t want to jinx myself by posting on here but I have applied with them in the past and have had an interview with them in the past as well.

It would be a great company to work for. I have another interview with them this week so we will see how it goes. I am really hoping for the best this time.

I don’t want to jinx myself by posting on here but I have applied with them in the past and have had an interview with them in the past as well.

It would be a great company to work for. I have another interview with them this week so we will see how it goes. I am really hoping for the best this time.

Good luck to you. No doubt they seem to be moving in the right direction in their first handful of years as an airline. I bet they have a sweet set up in their SOC being so new and all. For an airline that has cool blue mood lighting on their planes, they probably have complimentary starbucks and panini's in the office.

I had an interview with them as well a few years ago...I wasn't super impressed but it is a very nice, albeit expensive, area to live in. (It was a mutual case of not being super impressed since I didn't get a job offer.) There didn't seem to be anything extremely messed up with the place, don't get me wrong, and I wish anyone who is currently applying or interviewing there the best of luck. Several pilots I worked with at National are now flying with them and seem to enjoy it.

Starting pay is upper 50K to 60K. They also use Navtech.

Wow. If you're not married and still planning on renting, that probably sounds sweet. But if you're looking for a home to buy and support a family, upper 50's probably will feel more like lower 30's in SFO.

Navtech rocks! :rawk:

Second interveiw went well. Trying to get out of sfo on delta right now is not going so well.

Like said before the pay is good for a young single guy like myself, but I don't think it would work if someone was moving a family. As far as the number they pay the upper end of what was guessed before is the right number.

Everyone in their ops center is really nice. They have a great crew from what I can tell. I am very impressed by every thing they have going. It is great to see an airline adding aircraft and destinations vs closing stations and getting rid of aircraft (like where I am at currently).

I know I am a noob to this forum but thanks for the positive words and good feedback I have gotten so far from everyone.

Wow. If you're not married and still planning on renting, that probably sounds sweet. But if you're looking for a home to buy and support a family, upper 50's probably will feel more like lower 30's in SFO.

Navtech rocks! :rawk:

Even 1 BD apartments were renting for over $2000/month in the vicinity of Burlingame when I checked. Still not a bad salary, but I'd definitely do a "cost of living" calculator before taking the job so you can see what the cost is like there vs. wherever you're currently living. The only places I can think of with a similarly high cost of living would be New York City or Honolulu.

Even 1 BD apartments were renting for over $2000/month in the vicinity of Burlingame when I checked. Still not a bad salary, but I'd definitely do a "cost of living" calculator before taking the job so you can see what the cost is like there vs. wherever you're currently living. The only places I can think of with a similarly high cost of living would be New York City or Honolulu.

Last time I saw, New York was number 1 and SFO was either 2 or 3 of most expensive cities in USA. I'm just glad to see the airline respecting that fact and offering up a fair starting salary.

Back