Virgin America orders A321 NEOs

Unlikely. 2 gates there and at most 18 flights to SFO/LAX/DCA/LGA/LAS. So far they seem to be doing just fine with crews transitioning through. It might be an ALF (Alternate Line Flying) in which all pairings begin/end at DAL but even that IMO is unlikely.

Can we do ALFs with part 117? I assume an ALF in DAL would mean SFO based. So you have to go by Pacific time for all your limitations on FDP/flight time, etc...

I could see us getting an LAS base before a DAL base. VX can only grow so much out of DAL

It's still not necessarily the most pleasant experience, in back.

(though I would rather ride in a 321 than a 737)

I just had my first west coast to Hawaii 737 experience last week. Thankfully we ended up in the bulkhead row behind FC so it wasn't too bad, but man, I would NOT want to be in 25B of that sucker.

Only a handful of Ne to Europe routes where it would even be feasible (321neo), certainly not on a large scale. Not enough paying passengers on board to make it worthwhile unless you can charge a premium for an under served market.

Only a handful of Ne to Europe routes where it would even be feasible (321neo), certainly not on a large scale. Not enough paying passengers on board to make it worthwhile unless you can charge a premium for an under served market.

Or time of day departure.

I'm sure Delta could fill a 321neo at a profitable price point at 8am going to CDG. Not a lot of same day Europe service out there right now.

Agree -- Transatlantic markets make up a small percentage of total 757 ASMs. This is a small niche market - far smaller than people make it out to be. When you factor in the range constraint those markets continue to thin out.

Personally, I see as many orders for the A321LR in a 230-240 pax configuration with the MTOW upgrade and new door configuration. We'll see!

The 321 neo LR whatever it's being called has 500 nm range further than the 757. So it could make it as far as vienna or any other eastern european country.

Agree -- Transatlantic markets make up a small percentage of total 757 ASMs. This is a small niche market - far smaller than people make it out to be. When you factor in the range constraint those markets continue to thin out.

Personally, I see as many orders for the A321LR in a 230-240 pax configuration with the MTOW upgrade and new door configuration. We'll see!

It could open up lots of smaller thinner markets kind of like what the 787 did to asia.

Rumor has it…. Merkin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

Can we do ALFs with part 117? I assume an ALF in DAL would mean SFO based. So you have to go by Pacific time for all your limitations on FDP/flight time, etc...

I could see us getting an LAS base before a DAL base. VX can only grow so much out of DAL

Yeah I believe we can as long as they are anchored to either west coast or east coast for 117 limitations. I don't see new bases anywhere, just potential ALFs.

If only VX had a base in something other than the most expensive in the US. SFO is fun and all, but dayum. Glad to see them starting to do well. Maybe I'll update the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back