USAF UPT... anyone going or in?

bravodelta79

Just curious if any JC'ers are currently in UPT or scheduled to go. I got my UPT dates this past week and don't remember anyone on here who is actually in training.

I am assigned UPT class 10-12 but no location assigned yet.

:rawk:

Congrats on your dates -

Class 09-12, Vance AFB- finishing up formation after Christmas break. You fellas give me a shout if you have questions.

Finally got scheduled at effing MEPS for this Monday. FC-1...according to Frogflyer it should be the end of effing January. I'll update this after the physicals.

The form solo ride was pretty damn cool - I think I was a little tense tho 'cause I was sore the next day.

BD79: Going T-44s in Corpus starting Feb 17 and Looking forward to it.

Hey, that C-130 in your av... The props on the right side are spinning the wrong way. ;)

Enjoy CC! I hear it's a really good time.

Kinda funny isn't it?

We're taking a road trip for a few days this break to check out Corpus and get an Idea of what we're looking at. I hear the city is slightly larger than Enid, OK.....:sarcasm: Give an update when you find out which base you're headed to.

Looks like I'm headed to Laughlin. I didn't see anything that said I'd be going to Corpus, so I must be doing Phase III in the Tone.

When did you know you were going to Corpus? Before you left for UPT or while you were there?

Looks like I'm headed to Laughlin. I didn't see anything that said I'd be going to Corpus, so I must be doing Phase III in the Tone.

When did you know you were going to Corpus? Before you left for UPT or while you were there?

10-12? You're making this 06-01 guy feel old! Anyway, Laughlin was a good environment. There's Lake Amistad and it's pretty straight forward to check out their boats for a nominal fee. They love to go back and forth on whether or not they're going to let folks go across the border to Acuna, but it's the only night life down there (stay on the main drag). It's a couple hours to San Antonio and you get most of the weekends off. PM me your email when you get closer to going and I'll give you much more info on the program.

Thanks, germb. You aren't too old as I'm going almost as late as possible. (I just turned 29.)

When you say "they love to go back and forth", do you mean the commanders at Laughlin flip-flop on letting folks go to MX? Bummer.

You're not missing much not coming to Corpus. Not bitching, but I won't shed too many tears when I get out of here next month.

Odd. I've heard nothing but good about it.

As for going to Corpus, do they tell you you're going there before you start UPT or how's that done?

Thanks, germb. You aren't too old as I'm going almost as late as possible. (I just turned 29.)

When you say "they love to go back and forth", do you mean the commanders at Laughlin flip-flop on letting folks go to MX? Bummer.

Yea. At least that was the situation when I was there with all the border druglord strife going on, plus some OSI dude with a goatee hangs out down there watching for UPT studs getting into trouble and for staying passed curfew (there is a certain time after which you really don't want to be down there). The restrictions we had down there were short lived; we were able to go to Acuna pretty much the whole year. Maybe things have changed in 3 years with new leadership down there, I dunno. You definitely know when you've reached the Mexican side though because it starts to smell awful.

Odd. I've heard nothing but good about it.

As for going to Corpus, do they tell you you're going there before you start UPT or how's that done?

Guard/reserve will know beforehand, active duty will find out at "track select" about halfway through the program. I too, have only heard fantastic things about Corpus. I know plenty of people who went through it; great program without all the AETC bullcrap and plenty to do (compared to Laughlin), especially if you like jetskiing, etc. It's also a short drive up to SAT or Houston. I would have loved to go to Corpus and skip T-1s.

I too entered UPT at age 29. I'm not the SRO but am the "old guy" of the class. :)

I knew before hand that I was going to Corpus, It was on my orders - In fact, I Just returned from a road trip down there and it Looks pretty cool compared to Enid OK. Just like anything tho, I'm sure it could get old after a while.

Back