USAF UPT... anyone going or in?

I solo'd last week and have my Contact Mid-Phase check on Thursday so if any of you guys need any info or anything like that be sure to send me a pm or just ask here. I think i will have some of the most recent experience? Especially if you are coming to Columbus.

How's Gunshy these days?

been avoiding it since it isn't on midphase, but we go there for final contact so the next two weeks ill be hitting it hard core.

still cropdusters without radios flying around everywhere....we had a semi-close call with one the last time i was down there

been avoiding it since it isn't on midphase, but we go there for final contact so the next two weeks ill be hitting it hard core.

still cropdusters without radios flying around everywhere....we had a semi-close call with one the last time i was down there

How did MP go?

How's Gunshy these days?

Flew an AHC (advanced handling characteristics) sortie for another instructor there yesterday. It's still there, but we're gong to change the pattern to make it smaller... whenever the paperwork goes through. It was supposed to happen in February which means that it probably won't ACTUALLY happen until August at the earliest!

I'll see if I can't push it along though so it happens between the day Ian does his final contact pre-check and the day he does his check. :panic:

Sound good to you, Ian? :D

How did MP go?
meh, I had the worst flight I have had so far and just did the stupidest things that I would have never done before. All little stuff though, not to make excuses but I'm guessing it was nerves for my first AF checkride. I ended up with a 6G which is pretty good but I don't think it was good for my standards if you understand what I am saying.

Flew an AHC (advanced handling characteristics) sortie for another instructor there yesterday. It's still there, but we're gong to change the pattern to make it smaller... whenever the paperwork goes through. It was supposed to happen in February which means that it probably won't ACTUALLY happen until August at the earliest!

I'll see if I can't push it along though so it happens between the day Ian does his final contact pre-check and the day he does his check. :panic:

Sound good to you, Ian? :D

I went down to gunshy yesterday and had my first area solo. I will be three rides away from final contact on Tuesday so I will more than likely be doing the final contact end of next week or the next week. Our final contacts are down at gunshy, but I am pretty sure we just follow the old pattern?

meh, I had the worst flight I have had so far and just did the stupidest things that I would have never done before. All little stuff though, not to make excuses but I'm guessing it was nerves for my first AF checkride. I ended up with a 6G which is pretty good but I don't think it was good for my standards if you understand what I am saying.

Congrats! Cooperate to graduate; most of your peers will probably bust that one. 6G is nothing to be disappointed in; much better than I did ;)--nice job!

Congrats! Cooperate to graduate; most of your peers will probably bust that one. 6G is nothing to be disappointed in; much better than I did ;)--nice job!

Thanks. Our flight is actually doing really well for midphase. we have 15 in our flight, 3 ALPsters so 12 on the regular syllabus. 10 have checked so far, and we are 9-1 :D

Thanks. Our flight is actually doing really well for midphase. we have 15 in our flight, 3 ALPsters so 12 on the regular syllabus. 10 have checked so far, and we are 9-1 :D

I'm not familiar with ALP. What's that?

IAN said, "Thanks. Our flight is actually doing really well for midphase. we have 15 in our flight, 3 ALPsters so 12 on the regular syllabus. 10 have checked so far, and we are 9-1 :D"

ALP= Airman Leadership Program=Not Americans= Not their first language, maybe their first motorized conveyance. Generally smart guys who have difficulty learning something new in a language mom did not use.
I'm 90-14 Columbus. I've seen Gunshy a time or two.
All 9-1 on MidPhase means is that check section is weak, which is obviously true in the fortyworst.

All 9-1 on MidPhase means is that check section is weak, which is obviously true in the fortyworst.

When I was at Laughlin, most of the flights were about 50% hook rate on MP.

I was in the unlucky half :D

...and by the way, that was AFTER passing my private, instrument, commercial, seaplane, multi-engine, CFI, CFII, and MEI on the first attempts.

The IPs in the RSU would always laugh "it's another bloody day in check flight ha ha ha!" When I did my form check, I was the only one out of three checkrides that day to pass. And really, I probably should have hooked too, because like clockwork the TCN came out that day and I didn't make sure my pubs bag had it in there.

Final Contact went a lot better today, got a 3E, got downgrades for climbing up to 1300 at gunshy before clear of inside downwind, a FTD on my no flap st-in, and getting slow in the final turn on my landing flap overhead.

IAN said, "Thanks. Our flight is actually doing really well for midphase. we have 15 in our flight, 3 ALPsters so 12 on the regular syllabus. 10 have checked so far, and we are 9-1 :D"

ALP= Airman Leadership Program=Not Americans= Not their first language, maybe their first motorized conveyance. Generally smart guys who have difficulty learning something new in a language mom did not use.
I'm 90-14 Columbus. I've seen Gunshy a time or two.

Actually Ian's class is over in the kitty cats! 41st rules!

As for the ALPsters, they rule the whole spectrum... but it seems like they are either awesome and already have 2000 hours of MiG 21 time, or they have never ridden anything more complicated than a camel or an elephant and they are AWFUL. Not too many guys in the middle, but at the same time I wouldn't be able to learn it in a second language, either.

With some help from Frog, I was able to track down my training dates:

OTS: 9 Jun 09
IFS: 27 Sep 09
UPT: 7 Dec 09 Class 11-04 Laughlin AFB
Phase 3: 12 Jul 2010 Ft Rucker

Frog, it looks like you and I will be spending a good chunk of training together...

With some help from Frog, I was able to track down my training dates:

OTS: 9 Jun 09
IFS: 27 Sep 09
UPT: 7 Dec 09 Class 11-04 Laughlin AFB
Phase 3: 12 Jul 2010 Ft Rucker

Frog, it looks like you and I will be spending a good chunk of training together...

What unit are you in?

Back