US Airways RFP?

Hmm. And I always thought (and i have no factual information or sources to backup my thinking) that it was the other way around. In order for Mesa to get UAL flying back (remember, UAL stopped dealing with Mesa years before), they dropped their bid pretty low and there isn't much profit there. I am under the impression that the Airways flying is more profitable.
MAG was one of the replacements for AWAC and ACA. UA was desperate to fill the voids of both carriers. SkyWest got the largest share, but had to order aircraft . MAG had the airframes available to do it in short order, so the bid was just under what UA required of AWAC. JO was able to get UA to agree to more re-imbursed pass through operational costs such as parts. JO can't charge US or DL for a/c parts and component costs. JO was only able to charge DL for parts and mx on the Freedom 900's because they were leased from DL.

I believe the ticket agent in the beginning of the video is working at the newer "version." Possibly as a crew scheduler now, from what I hear.

Back